Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2020, 08:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 50406 times)
Ridermania

« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »

Sign ZC8, trade Nichols to Ottawa or Toronto for a first round pic with the same conditions we have with ZC8??

Why would any team trade for Nichols when he will be a free agent in February?
Pigskin

« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »

If your Ottawa or Toronto and you really want a Matt Nichols type of QB, do you want to wait until FA.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:34:52 PM by Pigskin » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »

If your Ottawa or Toronto and you really want a Matt Nichols type of QB, do you want to wait until FA.
Nichols isn't an elite QB that you trade for to make sure you get him, especially when you consider the throwing shoulder injury.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2019, 02:44:52 PM »

Nichols isn't an elite QB that you trade for to make sure you get him, especially when you consider the throwing shoulder injury.

He is if the hurt of a 3 or 4 win season is fresh your mind. We would have traded nearly anything from a proven commodity like Nichols is now when he had Goltz, Hall or any of those other QBs in the black hole years. And rightfully so. If Collaros was worth a third and a potential first rounder not having played the entire year, Nichols is worth at least as much if not more. Now he's not under contract, which works against us, but so long as he'd commit to signing with the team that trades for him he's worth the cost of a high pick.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:47:03 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #304 on: November 26, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »

He is if the hurt of a 3 or 4 win season is fresh your mind. We would have traded nearly anything from a proven commodity like Nichols is now when he had Goltz, Hall or any of those other QBs in the black hole years. And rightfully so. If Collaros was worth a third and a potential first rounder not having played the entire year, Nichols is worth at least as much if not more. Now he's not under contract, which works against us, but so long as he'd commit to signing with the team that trades for him he's worth the cost of a high pick.
Ottawa and Toronto need a new QB this year and Winnipeg needs to sign a vet QB. Everyone else is set. Masoli, Collaros and Nichols are the 3 available vet guys. One to each team? I can't imagine a scenario where the Redblacks or Argos trade anything away for any of the 3 vets. I can't imagine any of the vet QB's signing for backup money either.

Arbuckle and Streveler are also available. If you're looking to go young and build from scratch they'd be good choices that cost less so you can put the extra money towards upgrading the rest of the team.

My personal choice, that the Bombers won't do, would be Arbuckle/Streveler as 1/1a. Less money. Highest upside. Least injury concerns.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pigskin

« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »

Nichols, Masoli, Collaris all have question marks around them. There is risk to each one of them. But I do Like Arbuckle, however I don't think MOS is going in that direction.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:34:00 PM by Pigskin » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »

I've finally seen the Bombers win in my lifetime. I couldn't care less what we do at QB right now.
booch

« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2019, 03:36:43 PM »

Willie says that, but he's also one of the highest paid guys in the league. "Fair" is a relative term.

Half the team, if not more, is up for a new contract. Everyone will want a bump but for every raise in salary comes a decrease somewhere else.

OL is a must. Willie is a really key guy for us, but It's a big salary so I'm hoping we can swing it. Rose would be nice to get on at least a two-year deal...
There are probably 3 or 4 guys paid more than him as defensive players in the league...let alone the high priced offensive guys..he signed here for a very good deal at right around 200k
GCn19

« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2019, 04:10:31 PM »

There are probably 3 or 4 guys paid more than him as defensive players in the league...let alone the high priced offensive guys..he signed here for a very good deal at right around 200k

Willie J has consistently played at below market value and just wants a fair deal. Last year the Riders offered him 160k to re-sign and he bolted. I would too, that wasn't a fair offer at all. However, I think if Jones would have stuck around he would have taken it because Willie J, love him or hate him, is a pretty loyal guy unless you slap him in the face. If we give Willie a small bump he'll be back.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #309 on: November 26, 2019, 04:31:36 PM »

Willy likes it here and understands that if one guy is over paid it hurts the rest of the team.
booch

« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »

He'll be back unless he get an NFL shot..but I think with age and how he went out last time that hios window is closed there

he said he he wanted to sign a one yr deal here..play it out..see how everything fits and if he feels comfortable here and if he liked it...I think all boxes were checked off for him and I would be shocked if he isn't back on a 2 year deal
Pigskin

« Reply #311 on: November 26, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »

I have been around for 8, probably remember 4 very well. People probably forget that the bombers had a 22 year drought between 1962 GC and 1984. So for me 29 years was big deal, but everything comes to an end.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2019, 04:42:45 PM »

He'll be back unless he get an NFL shot..but I think with age and how he went out last time that hios window is closed there

he said he he wanted to sign a one yr deal here..play it out..see how everything fits and if he feels comfortable here and if he liked it...I think all boxes were checked off for him and I would be shocked if he isn't back on a 2 year deal
I think he will be back but likely with a bump up....the Cup next year is in Regina and I think he'd love to be back there again.   He does understand the Team concept MOS has instilled in the players and he was awesome for us.....I watched him at the Cup and he raised hell with their offence and has so much range on the field as well as forcing fumbles and strip sacks.   Jeffcoat and Jefferson were formidable on Sunday!  

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
booch

« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2019, 04:45:17 PM »

I think he will be back but likely with a bump up....the Cup next year is in Regina and I think he'd love to be back there again.   He does understand the Team concept MOS has instilled in the players and he was awesome for us.....I watched him at the Cup and he raised hell with their offence and has so much range on the field as well as forcing fumbles and strip sacks.   Jeffcoat and Jefferson were formidable on Sunday!  
definitely will be getting a bump in pay..no question about that...but he seems like a guy who won't hold a team for ransom
longtimeblue

« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2019, 05:01:34 PM »

I've finally seen the Bombers win in my lifetime. I couldn't care less what we do at QB right now.

Let us hope that management does not have the same attitude. Build a championship tradition, not a one shot deal. No more lengthy droughts. Unfortunately, they may be content to rest on this for awhile. The great teams are always trying to get better.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: