Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2020, 07:43:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44075 times)
toolsinbox

« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2019, 01:27:17 AM »

I don't want Zach to go to TO.  The obvious rental factor is bad.  Keep him. And get Mazoli
dd

« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »

I knew this conversation was going to come up, and it?s understandable people are upset that we haven?t even had the parade and we re talking Qbs

The answer is stinking obvious, who?s the QBs they beat Calgary, Saskatchewan and the Ticats and won us the grey cup?? That?s the QB I want. I want the guy that wins and makes plays when nothing seems available vs throwing the ball into the stands

Enjoy the celebrations and parade and trust the guy who brought the guy here that won us the cup can resign him!! Cheers!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2019, 03:33:54 AM »

I don't want Zach to go to TO.  The obvious rental factor is bad.  Keep him. And get Mazoli
yep he?ll be gone. But he will never need to pay for a steak dinner here ever again!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
longtimeblue

« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2019, 05:07:35 AM »

This is overstating the case. Nichols is also an elite QB. Let?s not forget that we were in first place with him at the reigns. Collaros is more exciting to watch, and can stretch the field better, no doubt about that. But they are both elite QBs who could both win the cup for us. And Collaros is still potentially one concussion away from being an ex-elite QB.

I still would prefer Collaros but given his roots in the east, Toronto?s open plan to snag him, and the fact that we have Nichols under contract... chances are we?ll have Nichols next year.

Agree to disagree. In my eyes Nichols is an average starting QB. Average. Not elite.
Tiger

« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2019, 05:18:05 AM »

Can someone say with specificity what Nichols injury was, how did rehab go and how he is doing?  Without this information it is all just speculation .

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
longtimeblue

« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2019, 05:22:27 AM »

I knew this conversation was going to come up, and it?s understandable people are upset that we haven?t even had the parade and we re talking Qbs

The answer is stinking obvious, who?s the QBs they beat Calgary, Saskatchewan and the Ticats and won us the grey cup?? That?s the QB I want. I want the guy that wins and makes plays when nothing seems available vs throwing the ball into the stands

Enjoy the celebrations and parade and trust the guy who brought the guy here that won us the cup can resign him!! Cheers!!

Well put dd.
 Often the obvious gets lost in amongst the deep analysis. The guy walks in here, reels off 4 wins in a row with a new playbook and ends the drought. Calm, cool and cold blooded. Of course he is the guy we want. How about going back to back? That would be fun. Let Nichols take a walk. Any signing has an injury risk attached.

Take a chance on a proven winner. ZC is now that. I hope we can find a way to keep him.

Ducky

« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2019, 05:27:46 AM »

Hard to argue about keeping the Collaros / Streveler combo...they just won a friggin Grey Cup  Grin.  Does Collaros want to stay out west?  Does Streveler want a shot as a starter (hard to imagine he will get that offer and he has a good role in Winnipeg as a rotational Qb).  Is Nichols going to be healthy AND willing to take a pay cut (doubtful).
In Motion

« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2019, 05:34:40 AM »

Does Collaros want to go to Toronto and get beat up in the backfield as happened to Riley in BC?
gobombersgo

« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »

Can someone say with specificity what Nichols injury was, how did rehab go and how he is doing?  Without this information it is all just speculation .
It was an injury to his throwing shoulder that required surgery as it wasn't healing as quickly as they had hoped.

Nichols believes rehab is going well and is on track for him to be 100 percent by April.

He said he normally doesn't start throwing until April anyways so the injury shouldn't effect his off-season training.

booch

« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2019, 01:16:21 PM »

Sadly there will be plenty of turnover this year, as there always is.  A lot of current Bomber players are going to be looking for increases in pay after excellent seasons, Walters will have to decide who he can afford to keep and who he will let go to F.A. to earn the money they deserve.  Willie probably wants and deserves more, same with other players coming off their first deals, I don't envy Walters task.
Willie negotiates his own deals...no agent fees...has said before he just wants something fair, and be in a place he feels comfortable...I don't think it will be tough for us to Re-up him...I think retaining Hardrick and Bryant too will be a relative slam dunk..they may need a small bump, but not massive, as they are now at a point in ther career and in the market where their salaries are kinda at their max now. 3 key pieces to retain that I think are musts
GCn19

« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »

I like Collaros a lot, but to believe he will still be playing in the league in 2-3 years is highly speculative.  Even behind the best O-line he is likely to be sacked and take hits consistently throughout the season and that isn't even considering the number of ***-hats that will purposely take aim at his skull.  The next serious concussion could be the trigger for him to choose retirement, if not for himself than at the behest of his family to protect his long-term health, which may already be beyond his control.

Nichols doesn't create the same electricity, but he is a smart QB who knows how to win and is a great fit on a solid team.  He could also suffer a long-term injury on any play, the difference is Nichols would probably recover, comeback and play another 5 years of football.  Can't really say the same for Zach.

Unfortunately I totally agree. Love Zach and will always remember his role in this years Grey Cup but sadly I don't believe it would be wise for us to put our eggs in his basket as a starter. If he wants to come back next year on a backup salary with big play time incentives I would gladly take him back as a 2 or even 1b QB. I just don't see that happening though.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »

During Grey Cup week Matty and Davis were talking about his injury. They said his injury is not one that should have lingering effects, however, they did say that he may not be ready for the beginning of next season because it is one that takes time to heal.

Jesse

« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

Willie negotiates his own deals...no agent fees...has said before he just wants something fair, and be in a place he feels comfortable...I don't think it will be tough for us to Re-up him...I think retaining Hardrick and Bryant too will be a relative slam dunk..they may need a small bump, but not massive, as they are now at a point in ther career and in the market where their salaries are kinda at their max now. 3 key pieces to retain that I think are musts

Willie says that, but he's also one of the highest paid guys in the league. "Fair" is a relative term.

Half the team, if not more, is up for a new contract. Everyone will want a bump but for every raise in salary comes a decrease somewhere else.

OL is a must. Willie is a really key guy for us, but It's a big salary so I'm hoping we can swing it. Rose would be nice to get on at least a two-year deal...

My wife is amazing!
Jesse

« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

During Grey Cup week Matty and Davis were talking about his injury. They said his injury is not one that should have lingering effects, however, they did say that he may not be ready for the beginning of next season because it is one that takes time to heal.

I feel like when he does comes back, he's going to have some strength and fatigue issues early on.

We're definitely going to have to look at the QB position as a whole, not just who's the starter.

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2019, 01:33:55 PM »

I think Bryant and Yoshi are no brainers to return. As long as we offer them fair salary they are a slam dunk. Yosh especially has stated many times he has absolutely no desire to leave. Jefferson was gushing all season about how much he loves it here. Again, a competitive offer and I think he will be back. I think the Bombers will find a way to dig out a few extra bucks for him.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: