Blue Bombers Forum
October 27, 2020, 05:14:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44541 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »

Collaros did great but I don't know if he did much more than what Nichols brought to the table. Big difference is LaPo let Zach throw.

Both can be successful.

Bit of an oversimplification, IMO. Collaros didn't really have to do more but the difference is he brings mobility in the pocket to the table, which helped extend more than a few plays during this playoff run. I'm still amazed how quickly Collaros was able to grasp the playbook and establish chemistry with his teammates, Adams and Lawler in particular.

QBing by committee is what it took to help this team win a long awaited championship, and #15, #17, and #8 all did their part in that.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Waffler

« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2019, 09:42:22 PM »

[quote author=blue_gold_84 link=topic=52365.msg1524627#msg1524627 date=1574721563

QBing by committee is what it took to help this team win a long awaited championship, and #15, #17, and #8 all did their part in that.
[/quote]

Absolutely! We don't make the playoffs without Nichols. Each did their part and was necessary. No turn overs is what LaPo wants and these guys got that done.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »

OK, now that ZC has shown QB's around the league what can be done behind this oline, with these targets, with this OC... might Winnipeg become a much more interesting consideration for a FA?  If we can lock down some of these pieces, adn the staff, do we get the choice of the FA QB crowd finally?
The team won't be able to re-sign players and then have the money to participate in bidding wars for FA QBs.

booch

« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »

What Zack brought/brings that Stev didn't/couldn't was calmness in the pocket and scheme recognition in pocket in where to go, and knowing the time he needed to let it develop on the field, without having to think/process....it was instinctive due to basically experience and reps/been there done that.....Strev is in his early years or forming this.

Diven another off-season..TC...And in-season seasoning....he will get there too
Pigskin

« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2019, 09:55:20 PM »

OK, now that ZC has shown QB's around the league what can be done behind this oline, with these targets, with this OC... might Winnipeg become a much more interesting consideration for a FA?  If we can lock down some of these pieces, adn the staff, do we get the choice of the FA QB crowd finally?

And I think we will be better next year. We had a lot of young Canadian's rotating in on our OL this year.
blue girl

« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »

I like Nichols but I worry about his recovery from injuring his throwing shoulder. I would make Collaros an offer. If he'd rather return to southern Ontario well you can't make him stay.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2019, 11:35:47 PM »

Zach definitely was more mobile and made more plays with his feet
Not only is Zach more mobile but he has an arm and is accurate.   His football IQ is immense and he reads defenses well and gets the ball away very quickly.   The Cats blitzed and Zach was able to dump the ball off quickly.   His QB efficiency rating was over 105 which is pretty amazing considering he played in 4 successive pressure packed wins and was cool as ice back there.....I love this guy and coupled with Streveler's packages they are difficult to defend!   They had the Cats off balance the entire game!  

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
theaardvark

« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:01 PM »

The team won't be able to re-sign players and then have the money to participate in bidding wars for FA QBs.

Does the bidding get easier when we are a destination?  Do other teams have to pay a premium now?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2019, 12:03:09 AM »

Sadly there will be plenty of turnover this year, as there always is.  A lot of current Bomber players are going to be looking for increases in pay after excellent seasons, Walters will have to decide who he can afford to keep and who he will let go to F.A. to earn the money they deserve.  Willie probably wants and deserves more, same with other players coming off their first deals, I don't envy Walters task.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »

Collaros is better at going through his second and third reads, I think. Nichols sometimes had trouble with that, and the important thing to realize is that Collaros moved the ball well enough for us to get into field goal range, repeatedly. Some of Nichols' drives would stall (especially in the second half of games), and would leave us with a long field and would give the other team decent field position.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2019, 12:34:22 AM »

Not only is Zach more mobile but he has an arm and is accurate.   His football IQ is immense and he reads defenses well and gets the ball away very quickly.   The Cats blitzed and Zach was able to dump the ball off quickly.   His QB efficiency rating was over 105 which is pretty amazing considering he played in 4 successive pressure packed wins and was cool as ice back there.....I love this guy and coupled with Streveler's packages they are difficult to defend!   They had the Cats off balance the entire game!  

I like Collaros a lot, but to believe he will still be playing in the league in 2-3 years is highly speculative.  Even behind the best O-line he is likely to be sacked and take hits consistently throughout the season and that isn't even considering the number of ***-hats that will purposely take aim at his skull.  The next serious concussion could be the trigger for him to choose retirement, if not for himself than at the behest of his family to protect his long-term health, which may already be beyond his control.

Nichols doesn't create the same electricity, but he is a smart QB who knows how to win and is a great fit on a solid team.  He could also suffer a long-term injury on any play, the difference is Nichols would probably recover, comeback and play another 5 years of football.  Can't really say the same for Zach.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2019, 01:04:09 AM »

Im just enjoying we are the F....... Champs.

Holy S...   We wait 29 years for this and cant wait a day to bring this crap up?

Good grief.

Have some fun and enjoy what they won.   its f...... awesome

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
In Motion

« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2019, 01:09:45 AM »

I like all of our QBs.  This is a great problem to have. My preference would be Zac and Strev,
but Nicholls is a good QB too.
Jesse

« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2019, 01:22:37 AM »

What Zack brought/brings that Stev didn't/couldn't was calmness in the pocket and scheme recognition in pocket in where to go, and knowing the time he needed to let it develop on the field, without having to think/process....it was instinctive due to basically experience and reps/been there done that.....Strev is in his early years or forming this.

Diven another off-season..TC...And in-season seasoning....he will get there too

It's a nice thought/sentiment. But Collaros was already looking fairly calm in the pocket in 2012/13 at the same age/experience that Strev is now...

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2019, 01:26:40 AM »

Im just enjoying we are the F....... Champs.

Holy S...   We wait 29 years for this and cant wait a day to bring this crap up?

Good grief.

Have some fun and enjoy what they won.   its f...... awesome
WE DID IT BUDDY!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: