Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2020, 08:04:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44095 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »

Collaros reported to be taking 1st string reps. Not a surprise. Didn't hear any mention of whether Streveler is even practicing? Hopefully he will be also be available.

It sounds like same defense taking 1st string reps. That sounds like no Gaitor or Fenner at this point.

No more excuses.
Stretch

« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »

Collaros reported to be taking 1st string reps. Not a surprise. Didn't hear any mention of whether Streveler is even practicing?

@DarrinBauming
Chris Streveler appears able-bodied and involved at #Bombers practice today. Zach Collaros is running the 1s.

#Bombers starting centre Michael Couture is a non-participant today. It was nearly two weeks ago he left the game and did not return. Not a good sign. But the positive is Winnipeg's depth at OL.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Blue In BC

« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2019, 06:49:37 PM »

That's good to know. Streveler can still be an important part of our combined offense. I'm not suggesting a 2 QB system but as a short yard and a series immediately after in hurry up is useful.

The reality I'm more concerned about our defense regardless of who lines up. We're Jekyll and Hyde on defense.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2019, 08:14:15 PM »

Having both, and using them effectively, will mean success from the QB position.  If the rest of the team delivers, there is strong hope for a Cup.

Streveler will upset the D any time he enters the game. but let Collaros do his thing.  If the D starts settling in, bring in Streveler, especially in 2nd and short.  My favourite play of the Bombers game is the Lapo 2nd and a yard play call.  

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue72

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2019, 12:19:57 AM »

I wonder which officials will be calling the game?  If Streveler is in on a short yardage play then all of a sudden he goes into a hurry up offense on first down will the refs whistle in the play right away or wait until everyone is ready. This gives Calgary a chance to be ready for whatever Streveler does.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2019, 04:14:48 AM »

Enjoying the tremendous win today to break the "curse" of 29 years! Later this week on who will be our qb next season will be a legitimate question though. After this ride cannot see how they would not want to sign Collaros to be the starter next season.  He brings things to the table that Nichols can't. He showed he still has the talent and skills to be a top notch starter in this league. Think he really regained a second life and close to MVP form he had 4-5 years ago late this season. Maybe still being one bad head shot away from hanging it up might limit what length of contract they might offer him though. Strev's not going to start anywhere else I would expect so should still be in the stable as the backup hopefully.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2019, 04:23:57 AM »

Enjoying the tremendous win today to break the "curse" of 29 years! Later this week on who will be our qb next season will be a legitimate question though. After this ride cannot see how they would not want to sign Collaros to be the starter next season.  He brings things to the table that Nichols can't. He showed he still has the talent and skills to be a top notch starter in this league. Think he really regained a second life and close to MVP form he had 4-5 years ago late this season. Maybe still being one bad head shot away from hanging it up might limit what length of contract they might offer him though. Strev's not going to start anywhere else I would expect so should still be in the stable as the backup hopefully.

They would be foolish to not sign Collaros, for sure. One thing that bodes well is that he's finally playing behind a great O-line, so he's not running for his life and getting pounded like he was in Hamilton. His long term longevity should be much better now. Also, because he had almost a whole season off this year, he's finally got some rest and recuperation time that has allowed him to come back closer to that 100 percent that he would want to be at.
Blue72

« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2019, 04:30:40 AM »

If we keep  Collaros do we still have to give TO both 1st and 3rd or just 1st? Also it will depend where MOS goes or stays because he loves Nichols, but it will also depend on Nichols throwing shoulder.
jeremy q public

« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2019, 04:47:51 AM »

IIRC instead of the 3rd we give up the 1st.

I hope we keep Collaros. It would be very stressful, because of the injury possibility and because Streveler is the kind of backup who needs a starter, but **** is it good to watch football with a QB like Collaros in charge. I love Nichols, and his game management style can win games, but Collaros is a dynamic PLAYER. In situations where Nichols would throw it away, and Streveler would run, Collaros is moving around and finding ways to get the ball downfield. The way he played this year is the most exciting QB play we've had since Matt Dunigan. Keep in mind it's just a few games so that's a very small sample size, but it just makes me want more.
In Motion

« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2019, 05:44:57 AM »

Just my instinct, but I know Nicholls was very hurt by fans here last season, and may be
ready to move elsewhere.

On a sidenote... now that we've won a Cup, won't a lot more players want to come here?
Jesse

« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »

Just my instinct, but I know Nicholls was very hurt by fans here last season, and may be
ready to move elsewhere.

On a sidenote... now that we've won a Cup, won't a lot more players want to come here?

I guarantee he wants to stay.

Our coaching staff needs to be addressed (Lapo will look for opportunties) and then we need to figure out the direction we want to go.

My wife is amazing!
bigbuff33

« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »

Don't if we can spend this much on QB's, but...

Signing Collaris and Strev would be perfect!!!

Going to be some tough decisions to be made
blue_or_die

« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »

I personally think the decision is Zach's to make and not ours. I think he wants to be at home in Southern Ontario and will go to Toronto where they will for sure welcome him.

Collaros with MBT as backup would be a very strong foundation.

Too bad about the rest of that tire fire, though.

Predicting Nichols and Strev next year. I'm fine with that. We will be competitive again.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TBURGESS

« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »

Streveler and one of Nichols or Collaros is the best bet for what the Bombers will do. I'd take Collaros over Nichols as he's a much better QB when healthy.

IIRC we lose the 3rd round pick either way. In other words, it would be a 1st and a 3rd for Collaros. Expensive, but worth it. We don't need to find another NI starter next year in the draft, and our pick will be at the end of each round so our 1st would be like the Redblacks 2nd round pick.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GCn19

« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2019, 03:00:21 PM »

ready to move elsewhere.

Nichols was interviewed during GC week and stated that he expects contract negotiations with the Bombers to begin soon.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: