Blue Bombers Forum
October 26, 2020, 05:27:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 44414 times)
GCn19

« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »

Many on here have seen what our QBs look like from TC and also practices so would any of you think that McGuire looks like a guy to keep around over the like of Streveler. We have seen what Streveler brings to the field, he likes to run before looking at all the receivers but he is very good at running. Not what you want from your starter, he needs more coaching in seeing what the defense shows and also his throwing is a bit weak.

But with the coaching staff that we have, our backups do not see the field at all unless our Starter is carried off the field and even then they put the starter back in. Could McGuire be the next up and comer we will never know, so far we have seen him on short yardage and one nice spiral which missed the receiver.

For me I find it pretty hard to spend over $500,000 on Nichols for next year, If Nichols didn't have Harris in the back field what would he really looked like as a starter and same goes for Streveler? Nichols can't take a hit anymore and if Streveler can't get his passing game going defenses will be hitting him like a RB and he won't see a full season.

If MOS moves on maybe our next coach will bring in his own QB and coaches to take us to the next step on the ladder, and maybe not so stubborn and don't give a starter position to a guy until he proves he is better then the rest. Nichols has proved he could move the ball but lately with all his injuries seems to throw the ball away sooner.

All 9 CFL starters this year were injured. I guess no one can take a hit. Unless a QB has a concussion history or their injury is one that has a history of lingering, I don't think we should exclude them from being our QB next year. To those who say what's the difference, shoulder or concussion, there is a massive difference. Shoulders can heal and be just as strong as pre-injury with little chance of re-occurring problems. Concussions become more and more frequent, take less and less to sustain them, and take longer and longer to heal from. Collaros even with a slight concussion is likely to miss an entire season, perhaps even retire.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:19:50 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »

I would be fine with bringing back Nichols and Streveler. Unless we can get Masoli for a lot less than BLM or Reilly wage rates then I don't really see any better options. For those talking about Evans, fat chance, he is not a FA. Arbuckle...I'm not sold on him, I think he's a product of a very well oiled Stamps offence. Collaros, love his fire...but realistically no one in their right mind should roll the dice on his concussion history and I highly doubt anyone will. He will go to Toronto and hold a clipboard and that is the only place he will do that.

Think there's any chance that ZC becomes backup in Hammy to Evans, with Masoli going to FA? It's home for him, he has a history there, and can step in in a pinch like he has done here.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »

I would be fine with bringing back Nichols and Streveler. Unless we can get Masoli for a lot less than BLM or Reilly wage rates then I don't really see any better options. For those talking about Evans, fat chance, he is not a FA. Arbuckle...I'm not sold on him, I think he's a product of a very well oiled Stamps offence. Collaros, love his fire...but realistically no one in their right mind should roll the dice on his concussion history and I highly doubt anyone will. He will go to Toronto and hold a clipboard and that is the only place he will do that.

This is about where I'm at. I like Masoli, and there's a chance he shakes loose. Don't know if we would go for him unless there was a coaching change. I'm skeptical of a QB coming out of Calgary and being successful in a different situation.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »

This is about where I'm at. I like Masoli, and there's a chance he shakes loose. Don't know if we would go for him unless there was a coaching change. I'm skeptical of a QB coming out of Calgary and being successful in a different situation.
Macbeth could be a real winner with a good OL and running game.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2019, 07:41:55 PM »

Masoli is good, but he wouldn't be plug and play in any offence, he'd need a rejig of the playbook and personnel around his abilities and that may take half a season or more, best thing a team could do is bring Condell along for the ride.
Jesse

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »

Macbeth could be a real winner with a good OL and running game.

We've already had him and sent him packing - and I expect him to stay in TO.

Masoli is good, but he wouldn't be plug and play in any offence, he'd need a rejig of the playbook and personnel around his abilities and that may take half a season or more, best thing a team could do is bring Condell along for the ride.

I only think Masoli is likely with a coaching change...meaning someone from Hamilton coming and taking Masoli with them.

My wife is amazing!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »

We've already had him and sent him packing - and I expect him to stay in TO.

I only think Masoli is likely with a coaching change...meaning someone from Hamilton coming and taking Masoli with them.

Condell + Masoli wouldn't be the worst package....
Jesse

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2019, 07:51:23 PM »

It's something I've tossed around in my head.

I love O'Shea for the most part, but I think I'm ready for a shake up.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »

With Strev as backup, oh my...

It's something I've tossed around in my head.

I love O'Shea for the most part, but I think I'm ready for a shake up.

It my not end up being our (the Bombers') choice

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »

It my not end up being our (the Bombers') choice

I think it will be, but it is very up in the air.

My wife is amazing!
longtimeblue

« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2019, 08:46:42 PM »

I would not be too confident on Nichols health going forward. A similar shoulder injury pretty much did in Lulays career. That shoulder will never be as strong and will be prone to reinjury.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »

I would not be too confident on Nichols health going forward. A similar shoulder injury pretty much did in Lulays career. That shoulder will never be as strong and will be prone to reinjury.

I don't know if Lulay ever rehabbed completely, it always seemed that Wally was rushing him back too early because Jennings couldn't step up when he needed to.  Nichols seems to be pretty confident he will recover to !00%, let's hope.
longtimeblue

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2019, 12:13:20 AM »

I don't know if Lulay ever rehabbed completely, it always seemed that Wally was rushing him back too early because Jennings couldn't step up when he needed to.  Nichols seems to be pretty confident he will recover to !00%, let's hope.

What else is he going to say? He is looking for a new contract. Shoulders don?t seem to mend that well. It is a area that takes a lot of impact. Time will tell.
longtimeblue

« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2019, 12:30:08 AM »

I think Condell would make a great HC.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2019, 07:41:21 AM »

It's status quo next year.

Collaros: everyone picking him needs to listen to 66 and the others.  He played great in 1 game, and I'm thankful for that.  Only if he gets us to the GC will we see any serious consideration of Collaros for 2020.  I advise everyone to go read the SSK sign Collaros for '19 season thread from 10 months back.  If you were against Collaros in SSK then, why are you for Collaros in WPG now?  Nothing has changed.  He'll likely get concussed during a full season.  Collaros might be the perfect "next Kevin Glenn".

Nichols: "fragile"?  That's a laugh.  The dude took an unblocked, full speed, full weight Lemon Drop fully on his back.  It busted his shoulder.  It would have busted Hulk Hogan's shoulder too.  That's not fragile, that's a Bryant mistake and an obvious outcome.  Is M.Reilly fragile?  Because he took the exact same hit with slightly different arm position, and oh look, he broke his wrist into dozens of shards.  Nichols took a ton of hits last year and this and he's had very few, never twice in the same place, injuries.  Is that 3 injuries in 8 years in the CFL?  That's not fragile, that's normal.

Bonus points for Nichols: no way he negotiates a monster contract after <200 yard games and injury-bench for most of 2019.  He'll ask for the same $$ and probably accept less.  He likes it here.  Why on earth would he want to go play for the few teams that would want him and get killed by their garbage OLs??

Strev: Current best SY player in the league, almost as good as LeFevour was.  And can start in a pinch.  Now we know we we don't start him for longer than it takes to find a passing starter should our #1 go down.  But he'll win 50% of the games in a pinch.  And I really love the system we were developing with Strev taking a bigger role in the Nichols offence.  Why not stick with that?  Each time Strev improves his pass game we get that much more dangerous.  And why would he want to leave?  No one is going to start him as #1, nor are they giving him a big payday as the SY guy.  Most teams will want #2 to be a strong passer.  Nope, Strev stays here and stays very affordable.

McGuire: Odd man out because of asinine only-2-QB Ambrosie nonsense in 2020.  That's the end of the CFL developing QBs.  They either light it up on their very first time on the field or they won't be here.

Masoli: Fully agree with most that he's literally the only other realistic QB option I'd like to see here.  I've been high on Masoli since 2 years before he became the #1 in HAM.  Real blue collar guy would fit right in.  Would also fit with the Lapo O scheme.  But I like Nichols better for continuity's sake.  And why would Masoli choose to come here?  Not sure it's his #1 (or 2 or 5) choice.  And Masoli will demand far more $$ than Nichols.

MBT: The league's crazy man.  That guy is nuts, and I really like watching him play.  If he's cheap, and Nichols abandons us, and Masoli says no, I'd take MBT as #1 in WPG.  But then we'd need a new OC because MBT is the opposite of a Lapo scheme.  MBT also seems to have trouble as a leader of men.  Seems like a Cato.  Could easily lose the team.  Not really MOS's M.O..  Call him a long shot.

My 2c.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: