Blue Bombers Forum
October 30, 2020, 11:44:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 45028 times)
Nic16

« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »

Collaros will without doubt go back to Toranna. The 1st rd draft choice in the deal was the assurance.

My hope is we make a move on Masoli. I think he would be a very good compliment to Strev and a good fit for LaPo?s O.

Failing that...Arbuckle is a very-very close 2nd choice.
bomb squad

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2019, 04:24:58 PM »

j

Fact: Collaros has an extensive concussion history that has to be considered making him a very high risk signing

No doubt about that, right now that is. But this could be a make or break time for Collaros's career. No, he didn't exactly light it up last game. But he did move the sticks reasonably well, looked poised and confident, and made plays off scrambles, like at the peak of his career. He also lead his team on a game winning drive against the best defence in the league. All of this after 2 practices with a new team and only 3 downs of real football this year.

Most importantly however, is he took a big hit and bounced right back up. That was for sure the best thing that happened for him.

Ultimately, he's not in control. It was only one game, but he took advantage of what he could control on Friday. Under the circumstances, it probably couldn't have gone much better for one Zach Collaros. Every playoff game he plays and finishes from here, if he gets the chance that is, that risk consideration goes down exponentially. So too, will his stock rise.
Pigskin

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2019, 05:00:15 PM »

If he wins three more games, we can rank him right up there with Kawhi and name him the new King in the North.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:43:27 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »

Both are injury prone but serviceable. Collaros probably has a higher ceiling but lower floor. I'm not convinced either are optimal choices to win Grey Cups and be perennial favourites. I guess you keep Nichols over Collaros. He doesn't cost a first-round pick and although he's had a ton of injuries he's likely not a high hit away from calling his career. I think that as the result of this exercise, it's more obvious that we need to upgrade the QB spot.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »

I don't know if I'd pick either at this point for next year.  Nichols has a higher likelihood of actually being able to get an entire season in, but Collaros is the better QB between the two.

If the Bombers washout in the WSF, I don't think Collaros hangs around, and his pricetag probably drops into the sub $400K area, strictly as a risk based decision.  He will get picked up for sure, probably by Ottawa or Toronto.

Bombers make it to the GC based on QB numbers we haven't seen in a while but lose, and his return is possibly slightly higher than Nichols, because there will be a belief that he is (and he might me) the piece of the puzzle we've been missing for a while.

Bombers win the GC with Zach, and he's going to go for the highest possible contract he can get, and I don't think the Bombers win that bid.  Seems like an Ottawa or Toronto destination in that scenario as well.

Combos I'd like to see

Arbucle/Collaros (but I don't think Zach would take 2nd spot, and I don't think Arbuckle would come here as #2)
Masoli/Streveler

What I think we'll see

Nichols/McGuire

MBT/Streveler
GCn19

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2019, 05:27:38 PM »

Collaros has been cleared medically....AND name me a starter from any club in this league this year that hasn't been on the sidelines for a stretch...Not suggesting Collaros will be, but every qb. has the potential of being 6 gamed...Nature of the game now it seems

Collaros missed almost the entire season with a concussion. Concussion recovery times only get longer and longer. If he sustains a concussion again it is almost certain he is gone for the season. Yes, every QB got knocked out this year and that is an anomaly. What is not an anomaly is concussions ending careers. That being said if he were willing to take a low base salary with little money upfront incentive based contract, and we could bring back Nichols or Streveler on the same...sure that might be OK.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2019, 05:41:29 PM »

Collaros will without doubt go back to Toranna. The 1st rd draft choice in the deal was the assurance.

My hope is we make a move on Masoli. I think he would be a very good compliment to Strev and a good fit for LaPo?s O.

Failing that...Arbuckle is a very-very close 2nd choice.
I agree but I think Arbuckle would be cheaper and has more upside overall.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2019, 05:43:28 PM »

I don't know if I'd pick either at this point for next year.  Nichols has a higher likelihood of actually being able to get an entire season in, but Collaros is the better QB between the two.

If the Bombers washout in the WSF, I don't think Collaros hangs around, and his pricetag probably drops into the sub $400K area, strictly as a risk based decision.  He will get picked up for sure, probably by Ottawa or Toronto.

Bombers make it to the GC based on QB numbers we haven't seen in a while but lose, and his return is possibly slightly higher than Nichols, because there will be a belief that he is (and he might me) the piece of the puzzle we've been missing for a while.

Bombers win the GC with Zach, and he's going to go for the highest possible contract he can get, and I don't think the Bombers win that bid.  Seems like an Ottawa or Toronto destination in that scenario as well.

Combos I'd like to see

Arbucle/Collaros (but I don't think Zach would take 2nd spot, and I don't think Arbuckle would come here as #2)
Masoli/Streveler

What I think we'll see

Nichols/McGuire

MBT/Streveler

so where does Arbuckle and Masoli go then to you?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blueraid

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2019, 07:28:38 PM »

I think Masoli ends up in the Big Smoke...Arbuckle to Ottawa....Seems Mont. is satisfied with Adams...Reilly is going nowhere...Bo Levi is definitely a Stamp...TiCats run with Evans....Fajardo just re-uppped in Sask.....Edmonton is going to go with Harris....AND that leaves us...IF Collaros does well the rest of the season, I'd say he will get a shot here as all other teams will be set...I don't think T.O. will be as interested in reacquiring Zach IF they can sign Masoli who is entrenched in the east and does not have concussion problems...So do we take a chance on Collaros....I think we do if he can continue to be the quarterback we saw the other night...
blue girl

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2019, 07:38:09 PM »

Both Collaros and Nichols have injury risks. Collaros with his concussion history, although I trust the doctors that told him it was alright to return to playing and Nichols has had knee injuries and now has had surgery on his throwing shoulder. As for Masoli do we know if he'll be ready for the start of the season and I haven't seen enough of Arbuckle to name him #1. I still say we sign either Nichols or Collaros.
bluebeard

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »

Collaros missed almost the entire season with a concussion. Concussion recovery times only get longer and longer. If he sustains a concussion again it is almost certain he is gone for the season. Yes, every QB got knocked out this year and that is an anomaly. What is not an anomaly is concussions ending careers. That being said if he were willing to take a low base salary with little money upfront incentive based contract, and we could bring back Nichols or Streveler on the same...sure that might be OK.
You are right that he missed most of the season but I am not certain that this was due to the concussion.  I read that he was ready to play for the Riders after his 6 game injury was completed but that Fajardo had taken his job away from him.  Traded to TO under an escalating clause which would have taken TOs 4 round pick to 2nd round pick depending on how much Collaros played.

By this time TO only had an outside chance of making the playoffs.  They got a great deal from us (1st round pick if he re-signs with us) would almost guarantee that he goes back to TO.

So again, I see this differently than most fans.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »

so where does Arbuckle and Masoli go then to you?

Masoli goes TO or OTT.
Loser of that scenario gets either Collaros or Arbuckle.

TBURGESS

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »

I liked what I saw from Collaros, but would folks be so up on Collaros if Calgary could simple kick the convert meaning we lost the game?

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue girl

« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »

I liked what I saw from Collaros, but would folks be so up on Collaros if Calgary could simple kick the convert meaning we lost the game?
Well I would be. IMO this is the best QBing I've seen here in a while especially considering that he only had 2 days practice. He won me over with the TD pass to Adams where I was yelling to throw the ball away but I was glad that he kept the play alive with his feet and found Adams for the TD.
bluebeard

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:56 PM »

Very good play by Collaros.  He looked like the old version of Collaros before all his injury problems.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: