Blue Bombers Forum
December 06, 2020, 12:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 50796 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2019, 04:35:48 AM »

Facts....

Collaros is a QB with a lot of talent and is a proven winner
Collaros has been cleared by doctors to play
Collaros is currently a Blue Bomber
Collaros is arguably the best talent we currently have at the QB position
Collaros is someone we need to pursue because of all of the above.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
longtimeblue

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2019, 04:47:48 AM »

So much depends on who the HC is next year. MOS has ties to Collaros, but he is, unfortunately, a Nichols guy. Get rid of MOS and we can really start looking to upgrade the QB spot. If he is here, it will be status quo and the team will not take a run at Collaros or any other quality starter.
jammer316

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »

Well i am the first to admit when wrong and i thought colleros would be a injured first quarter,Well he looked pretty good a bit of rust but you could see he was making good reads and could scramble.Would start him over all our QBs but knowing pig headed O'shea he will start streveler if he is healthy and Streveler just can't pass like colleros
GCn19

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »

Facts....

j

Fact: Collaros has an extensive concussion history that has to be considered making him a very high risk signing

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »

Facts....

One game and now this lol
j

Fact: Collaros has an extensive concussion history that has to be considered making him a very high risk signing

Agree

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
thunderNlightning

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2019, 12:30:07 PM »

j

To be fair tho, any of those hits he took most QB?s would get concussions as they were nasty and dirty leading to susupensions. The couple hits he took Friday showed a glimmer of hope that he can still take a hit and get right back up.
GCn19

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »

To be fair tho, any of those hits he took most QB?s would get concussions as they were nasty and dirty leading to susupensions. The couple hits he took Friday showed a glimmer of hope that he can still take a hit and get right back up.

I don't disagree that the hits were hellacious and would have taken anyone out. However, HE is the one that ended up taking them and the damage that went with it. Does it suck that Collaros has a vast concussion history...sure...but I would be PO'ed if the Bombers chose to roll the dice on him as anything more than a back up. I don't care how good he is or might be. It does us no good to roll the dice like that.

Pigskin

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2019, 01:40:32 PM »

He has won one game and we are naming him the King of the North. I think I will wait a game or two more.
Blue In BC

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2019, 02:00:57 PM »

He has won one game and we are naming him the King of the North. I think I will wait a game or two more.

Hopefully THREE games more.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »

I don't disagree that the hits were hellacious and would have taken anyone out. However, HE is the one that ended up taking them and the damage that went with it. Does it suck that Collaros has a vast concussion history...sure...but I would be PO'ed if the Bombers chose to roll the dice on him as anything more than a back up. I don't care how good he is or might be. It does us no good to roll the dice like that.

Probably $400k-$450k tied up in that gamble too, if Collaros gets knocked out early in the season (again), not only are they short a starting QB, they won't have the budget to pay for a well seasoned replacement.  Best case scenario is hanging onto Strevler as a backup in the hope of his further improvement to either Nichols or Collaros.  A Nichols/Collaros combo. would be excellent but cost prohibitive, it would harken back to Burgess/Hufnagel era of two equally talented QB's leading the team.
blueraid

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

Streveler is getting better and maturing more as a qb. every time out ...a Collaros /Streveler combo next year works for me....Nichols will be the odd man out especially IF Collaros takes this team a long way in the post season...As far as comparing their health....seems to me Nichols is as brittle and is as susceptible to injury as is Collaros...I think Collaros is the superior qb. and money wise it would work with a Zack/Chris combo...Walters I'm sure will have a serious look at it for next year
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:57:52 PM by blueraid » Logged
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2019, 03:49:39 PM »

One game and now this lol
Agree

"This" is not based on one game.  It's his playing history.  There is always a  risk with concussions but he has been medically cleared.  He is going to be a much sought-after player in FA.  Why should we not be in the mix?

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn19

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »

"This" is not based on one game.  It's his playing history.  There is always a  risk with concussions but he has been medically cleared.  He is going to be a much sought-after player in FA.  Why should we not be in the mix?

Because of his concussion history he will not be as sought after as you think. I would be shocked if any GM in the CFL were to hand him the keys to the offence this offseason. Medically cleared or not, there is an extremely high likelihood that he will be concussed at some point next season and that given his history he will have to miss a ton of time to recover.

Is he a good QB...sure. Unfortunately, that is trumped by the risks now.

Horseman

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »

I was against Collaros coming here b/c of his concussion history (3 concussions), however, after seeing him play after only having 2 practices, he displayed what an actual talented QB can do for us. I would still give him the remainder of our games left (probably 1 and done, as our D is not championship calibre) to see how he does moving the O. If he does well then I would say go with Collaros over Nicholls and pay the 1st round draft choice. Nicholls has been injured the last 2 years which seems to be a pattern for him now. If we sign Collaros and he gets injured we 6 game him and save the SMS hit for his salary same as we would do when Nicholls gets hurt. In my opinion, Collaros is an upgrade over Nicholls and the injury worry is about the same between the two. Collaros knows he needs to protect himself and slide early and I think he will do this, which will limit his risk for another concussion.
blueraid

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2019, 04:02:05 PM »

Collaros has been cleared medically....AND name me a starter from any club in this league this year that hasn't been on the sidelines for a stretch...Not suggesting Collaros will be, but every qb. has the potential of being 6 gamed...Nature of the game now it seems
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: