Blue Bombers Forum
October 21, 2020, 09:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 43844 times)
Blue72

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

If MOS goes to Tor. does he take Nichols or does Pin Ball take Collaros? Will Streveler stay or will he try for a starting job or a big pay check and will Woli follow him?

It was amazing the game plan Lapo had with Collaros playing with just 2 practices, it wasn't the 3-5 yard passing game plan and all the receivers were involved. There wasn't any or very little vanilla called plays plus you never knew where the ball would go to. we are so used to see hand off, hand off then 3-5 yard throws for 2 and 10. Now is it Nichols or Lapo that has been holding this team back?
With a good QB this team will be able to bring in better receivers plus other players.

So the question after this season is do we move on from MOS, Nichols and the old play book (offensive/Defensive) and maybe spend some money and bring in a decent coaching staff? I guess we see what happens after the season is over. Get a good coaching staff and maybe it will bring in better FA.
longtimeblue

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2019, 10:42:30 PM »

Hasn't Pinball already tampered concerning Collaros?

?He needs that opportunity to be put in that position where he can play a game that matters and we get a draft choice for that. If he happens to do well there and stay there then we get a number one in addition to that,? Clemons said on 620 CKRM radio in Regina.

?But we do have a pretty good feeling that he wants to be in Ontario. So it?s a little bit like a hired gun. We believe and desire to sign him back. We have a really good chance in the off-season of securing him back.?

Completely unethical to discuss a player, under contract to another club, in this fashion. He is indirectly influencing the player not to re-sign, with the implied promise of a contract if he does not. If this is not tampering it is pretty darn close.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2019, 10:56:02 PM »

Pinball likely has a real hard time doing this but he has got to just shut up and concern himself with the debacle that is the current state of the Argos.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »

There?s no tampering going on. Everyone and their brother knows that the bombers give up a 3rd round pick in the trade for collaros to play with the bombers for the remainder of this season and if he signs here for next season that pick changes to a 1st round pick. Cut and dry
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2019, 11:02:06 PM »

There?s no tampering going on. Everyone and their brother knows that the bombers give up a 3rd round pick in the trade for collaros to play with the bombers for the remainder of this season and if he signs here for next season that pick changes to a 1st round pick. Cut and dry
Already looks like it worked out in our favour!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2019, 11:04:34 PM »

Already looks like it worked out in our favour!!
I think we need a playoff win to say the trade was a success.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »

So the question was Nichols or Collaros. So if this was the only two choice I had it would have to be Collaros. Lucky for the bombers it not, so neither. Both can still play the game. But both have there issues. I think if we invest in either one of these guys we will be looking for a starting QB again part way through the season. Both should consider becoming backups and extending there careers like KG did. After watch parts of each game yesterday there is some great young talent in the CFL.

Evans
Fajardo
Arbuckle
Shiltz

Beware the fate of the RB's, they let Trevor Harris walk away and thought they would be okay with discarded scraps.

Beware the ordeal of the 2014 Bombers, they lost out on the Collaros and Burris auctions and settled for Willy.

Evans Not available
Fajardo Not available
Arbuckle
Shiltz.....really???
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:51:29 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »

Beware the fate of the RB's, they let Trevor Harris walk away and thought they would be okay with discarded scraps.

Beware the ordeal of the 2014 Bombers, they lost out on the Collaros and Burris auctions and settled for Willy.

Evans Not available
Fajardo Not available
Arbuckle
Shiltz.....really???
no Masoli or Macbeth?

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:15 AM »

no Masoli or Macbeth?

I believe that will be the Argos QB lineup for the 2020 season, the Bombers aren't going to outbid them for Masoli and the Argos would be crazy to let a reliable/inexpensive backup like MBT walk away.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:04:35 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2019, 12:21:06 AM »

I believe that will be the Argos QB lineup for the 2020 season, the Bombers aren't going to outbid them for Masoli and the Argos would be crazy to let a reliable/inexpensive backup like MBT walk away.
mmm I don?t think it will be quite that simple.

longtimeblue

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2019, 02:08:35 AM »

Tampering is negotiating with a player under contract with another team. Doing it through the media does not mitigate it. Pinballs comments are akin to a contract offer. If he plays well we want him in Toronto next year is what he is outright saying. What everyone knows is of no consequence, nor are draft picks. Collaros is under contract with Winnipeg. Pinball can make a play for him when he becomes an FA.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2019, 02:39:22 AM »

Tampering is negotiating with a player under contract with another team. Doing it through the media does not mitigate it. Pinballs comments are akin to a contract offer. If he plays well we want him in Toronto next year is what he is outright saying. What everyone knows is of no consequence, nor are draft picks. Collaros is under contract with Winnipeg. Pinball can make a play for him when he becomes an FA.

It is a weird deal, Collaros is headed for F.A. so the Bombers would have to negotiate a new contract to re-sign him and yet there is this clause hanging over their heads that does not apply to any other team.  I don't know, but maybe the clause is only valid if they re-sign him before F.A. kicks in?
Point of attack

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2019, 03:20:28 AM »

It is a weird deal, Collaros is headed for F.A. so the Bombers would have to negotiate a new contract to re-sign him and yet there is this clause hanging over their heads that does not apply to any other team.  I don't know, but maybe the clause is only valid if they re-sign him before F.A. kicks in?

Can?t see the BB not being on the hook for 1st rounder either way since there?s nothing to stop the BB from
A previously agreed to unsigned deal in Walters desk drawer as it were.
 In any case if Collaros emerges as the BBs best option it?s hard to imagine the Argos outbidding Walters for his services but stranger things have happened I guess.
iso_55

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2019, 04:06:34 AM »

Zach's play made my house play a game after the final whistle:

Name the last Bomber quarterback in your memory who made throws like that?

Tom Clements
longtimeblue

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2019, 04:29:10 AM »

I guess that would be how it works. Re-signing would preclude free agency. I do not see him as wanting to be here, and he will likely go to FA. Especially if he keeps showing game. That being said, Clemons should keep his mouth shut. It is disrespectful. Almost like he is saying that they sent him to Winnipeg to get up to speed so he can play for the Argos next year. Bothers me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:37:17 AM by longtimeblue » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: