Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2020, 11:28:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 50765 times)
DM83

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

I agree,
I don't see Nichols. Or Strev back here.

It will,be a great off-season with potential QBs.  Additionally, the Bombers look like they will have a huge turnover as well.

I think it's time to invest in a younger future QB.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »

Streveler has to rely on his running game to be successful in this league because he is not a passer. That?s going to mean his longevity and beating game in and game out will certainly mean he will take a pounding and miss games. I?d pass.

Nichols with this arm injury and knee issues at his age is going to be a major concern. Do you invest starter money in a QB with that history not even knowing how his shoulder holds up along with the fact he?s not a running QB not a high yardage passer in this league which relies on passing majority of the time. I?d pass.

Time to get someone in here younger with upside and start building around them.
bigbuff33

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2019, 01:18:51 PM »

It was great to see Zach play so well...
But with all due respect to him...
We can't take a chance investing big $ on him...he's one hit away from season ending injury...
I'd be happy with either Mazzoli or Nichols...
Strev isn't a pro QB...he's good for the short yardage...but not much else
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »

Lots of harsh comments about many different QB's. The injury histories and SMS factors are going to weigh in heavily making a sound decision going forward.  Can't deny much of what is being said.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2019, 02:24:58 PM »

So the question was Nichols or Collaros. So if this was the only two choice I had it would have to be Collaros. Lucky for the bombers it not, so neither. Both can still play the game. But both have there issues. I think if we invest in either one of these guys we will be looking for a starting QB again part way through the season. Both should consider becoming backups and extending there careers like KG did. After watch parts of each game yesterday there is some great young talent in the CFL.

Evans
Fajardo
Arbuckle
Shiltz

thurmas

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2019, 02:45:41 PM »

Collaros is much more dynamic than Nichols. Both have injury problems but Collaros is 3 years younger. Nichols had a noodle arm to begin with and now a shoulder injury no thanks. Nichols just beats up on sub .500 teams to pad his stats but he is not clutch and rarely beat teams like Calgary what you have to do to advance out of the west every year. Look how many CFL 1st round picks have been a bust I am not too worried about losing that. Resign Collaros on an incentive based contract and develop Burke as 2nd string. Strev is the Tim Tebow of CFL qb's defensive coordinators have figured him out and he has not displayed any ability to read pass coverages.
Pigskin

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »

Burke?Huh
Point of attack

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »

Realistically Collaros performance for the remainder of the season will likely be the biggest factor in the decision to keep him under centre moving forward. Given the BB history of success luring FA QBs I can see them with some form of incentive based contracts for either MN or ZC or possibly both ( not likely) not impossible because it?s hard to imagine either commanding a big number in FA.
 With two practices and a cup of coffee Collaros just beat the elite team of the CFL so i would suggest it?s already his job to lose right or wrong.
  For many watching Collaros QB play in blue and gold was borderline surreal and if that doesn?t illustrate the long suffering search for a decent QB by this organization and fan base I don?t know what does. The fact we all feel some loyalty to MN(with limited success at best) further reinforces this point.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2019, 06:58:21 PM »

2 QB roster rule NEEDS to be changed to allow 3. 2 makes zero sense to me. To much risk with all these injuries occurring.

I don?t think this will happen but it very well could with Streveler and Nichols not here next year.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »

2 QB roster rule NEEDS to be changed to allow 3. 2 makes zero sense to me. To much risk with all these injuries occurring.

I don?t think this will happen but it very well could with Streveler and Nichols not here next year.
I totally agree about the 2 QB rule. Whether we re-sign Collaros or Nichols with their injury history we need a #2 QB who can come in and play. I'm not sure that's Streveler.
thurmas

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2019, 07:16:16 PM »

Will not shock me to see both Nichols and O'Shea head to Toronto this offseason, Lapo takes over as HC while we try to resign Collaros or go after Masoli and Arbuckle.
RebusRankin

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2019, 08:19:16 PM »

Lapo as head coach would be an awful decision.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »

There are so many QB floating around so it's not as simple as the choice between these two.  The 1st round pick is major factor in our path going forward.

I want one vet and one prospect in our QB ranks next year and we can't overpay for either.  The names we go with are important but the amount of salary they demand is a major factor.  I think most teams next year will be in good shape next year at QB as we have lots of new talent come in.  Great time to be a Bomber fan and great for the league.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Waffler

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2019, 08:32:33 PM »

Hasn't Pinball already tampered concerning Collaros?

?He needs that opportunity to be put in that position where he can play a game that matters and we get a draft choice for that. If he happens to do well there and stay there then we get a number one in addition to that,? Clemons said on 620 CKRM radio in Regina.

?But we do have a pretty good feeling that he wants to be in Ontario. So it?s a little bit like a hired gun. We believe and desire to sign him back. We have a really good chance in the off-season of securing him back.?

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »

Hasn't Pinball already tampered concerning Collaros?

?He needs that opportunity to be put in that position where he can play a game that matters and we get a draft choice for that. If he happens to do well there and stay there then we get a number one in addition to that,? Clemons said on 620 CKRM radio in Regina.

?But we do have a pretty good feeling that he wants to be in Ontario. So it?s a little bit like a hired gun. We believe and desire to sign him back. We have a really good chance in the off-season of securing him back.?

interesting, I hear his family is settled there and he has a house

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: