Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 01:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 43914 times)
RebusRankin

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 06:50:20 PM »

I like how he played but I don't want to give up that first round pick. Rather keep adding to our NI talent. For example, Winnipeg Mason Bennett would be a nice add to our DL rotation.
Blue In BC

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2019, 07:31:18 PM »

I like how he played but I don't want to give up that first round pick. Rather keep adding to our NI talent. For example, Winnipeg Mason Bennett would be a nice add to our DL rotation.

I'm not familiar with Bennett. Where we end up in the draft is still TBD as is Bennett's ranking I suppose.

Also not sure how Griffith will develop going forward or whether we look at a different position in the draft. If we lose 2 of our NI receivers that may be what we look at?  Safety is another area that might be looked at depending on what they feel Hallett and Exume can do next year.

Lots of if's and lots of time to see how things develop.

No more excuses.
Blue72

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2019, 08:18:43 PM »

What if we cut Collaros at the end of the season then pick him up before someone else does, do we still have to give a 1st round player?
Blue In BC

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »

What if we cut Collaros at the end of the season then pick him up before someone else does, do we still have to give a 1st round player?

Interesting question. It may be that if he actually reaches free agency then the # 1 pick consideration might be out the window.

I don't know whether cutting him and then re-signing him 10 minutes later would be in the spirit of the trade rules. That probably isn't a step I'd expect to see.

We may decide to try harder on Masoli or Arbuckle. Collaros might want to go back to Toronto or Ottawa?

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »

1 Arbuckle
2 Masoli
3 Streveler
4 Nichols
5 Collaros

My wish list at the QB position next year

Not sure about Macbeth but he was free agent as well he?d be #3 on my list.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »

I'll wait until the seasons over. I'd be happy with either Nichols or Collaros.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2019, 09:58:50 PM »

Neither....and that's regardless of what Collaros does in the playoffs.  Arbuckle or Masoli would be my choice in the off season as a FA pickup.
Tiger

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2019, 10:10:48 PM »

Neither....and that's regardless of what Collaros does in the playoffs.  Arbuckle or Masoli would be my choice in the off season as a FA pickup.

I can see you point of you, but riddle me this:  what exactly is Masoli?s injury and how is his rehab progressing?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2019, 10:49:02 PM »

I can see you point of you, but riddle me this:  what exactly is Masoli?s injury and how is his rehab progressing?
ripped ACL I think. Non contact knee injury.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »

Nichols can be #1, Collaros can be backup. Streveler can be 3rd stringer for QB sneaks, or change to be a Full back. Imagine a Harris and Streveler combo.. DCs will lose sleep every game thinking about how to defend against both. Or Strev can be a WR... lots of options..
Tiger

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2019, 11:52:49 PM »

ripped ACL I think. Non contact knee injury.

You are correct in that is what we were told in July.  But we have heard zip since then.  Reports are not always accurate. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Doublezero

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2019, 12:54:54 AM »

Sorry to say it but Nichols hasn't been the same since his non-contact knee injury last year.
And now questions around a damaged throwing shoulder as well.
This is Travis Lulay-esque. Not starting anywhere is the likelihood.

Just gimme the rock.
dd

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2019, 03:26:41 AM »

I agree. There?s too many better and younger Qbs available to not make the switch this off season.
DM83

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »

Collaros seems to make quicker knowledgeable decisions and seems way quicker in his throwing motion, ..... now that guy is worth the money!
TBURGESS

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »

Nichols can be #1, Collaros can be backup. Streveler can be 3rd stringer for QB sneaks, or change to be a Full back. Imagine a Harris and Streveler combo.. DCs will lose sleep every game thinking about how to defend against both. Or Strev can be a WR... lots of options..
Not a chance. All 3 will want starting money and there will only be 2 QB spots next year anyway.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: