Blue Bombers Forum
October 21, 2020, 09:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 43851 times)
123James321

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »

If Collaros brings us a GC the 1st round pick and injury history won't matter... he looked like a real qb last night...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:42:00 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
longtimeblue

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »

Evaluate Collaros on his playoff performance. Possibility if he stays healthy. Show Nichols the door. Overpaid underachiever with nice stats and no results. Also becoming fragile. Go after Masoli and bring in Condell as HC. Keep Strev for the change of pace and mix him in. Very effective that way,
3rdand1.5

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »

IMO- the upgrade to losing our 1st round pick rules Collaros out
longtimeblue

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »

IMO- the upgrade to losing our 1st round pick rules Collaros out

I would tend to agree with you. Unless Collaros performs really well in the playoffs. A couple of wins and you have to rethink his worth. A GC and he gets a statue at Portage and Main and a street named after him.
dd

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2019, 02:47:34 PM »

I agree somewhat on the 1st round pick, that will sting but if he runs the table to the grey cup I?d be willing to forgo it to keep him as we?ve seen our #1 picks are hit and miss?hello faith Ekatitie!!. But if it isn?t collaros it better be masoli or arbuckle. We need a Qb that can make things happen/buy time with his legs vs play it safe and throw the hall away. Of course nichols stats look good, he plays so consecutively throwing 6 yard curls or throwing it away that they?re going to look good. Too many good QBs available, time to bring in a 2 dimensional Qb that can extend plays and make things happen out there
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:01:01 PM by dd » Logged
rubanski

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2019, 02:52:13 PM »

First and foremost, the #1 guy has to be your only concern. I'd go hard for Masoli. Then an Arbuckle & Collaros or Strev combo.

Nichols skills are slowly eroding. Seeing Collaros zip on the ball last night made that stick out like a sore thumb for me. Nichols = best backup QB in the league imo.
Jesse

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 04:00:24 PM »

I don't trust either of them to be an effective starter for a full season.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if we kept the status quo at the QB position.

My wife is amazing!
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »

Zach's play made my house play a game after the final whistle:

Name the last Bomber quarterback in your memory who made throws like that?

Matt Dunigan?

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »

I hope we go hard after Masoli or ABuc.

I have a feeling ZC could give us a fairytale 4 game run here, but with his injury history, its too much of a gamble to hook our sled to him long term.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 04:58:24 PM »

I hope we go hard after Masoli or ABuc.

I have a feeling ZC could give us a fairytale 4 game run here, but with his injury history, its too much of a gamble to hook our sled to him long term.

I'd be interested in Masoli or Arbuckle as well if they become free agents. The problem is that the Argos, Bombers and Redblacks will all be in play during free agency.

Masoli will likely have the highest SMS offers and that could be $150K- $250K more than some of the others available.

Free agency will be interesting once again.

No more excuses.
Tiger

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2019, 05:38:07 PM »

Collaros injury history is still a concern. Then there is the issue of giving up a 1st round pick to re-sign him. Some posters were calling Nichols damaged due to his injury history and at this point we aren't even sure if he'll be ready for TC.

Masoli will be a potential free agent but might have the highest SMS cost but no 1st round pick involved.

Streveler is unique in a different way. He still has upside and I'd like him back.

McGuire appears to have the ability to throw. Obviously inexperienced but I'd think he'll be back to compete at TC until the dust settles at least.

Then add in the possible 2 QB roster to the equation.

It will be a big topic during the off season in Winnipeg. I have no idea who we'll end up getting.

Great points and I agree.  That said we do not know the exact injury and recovery yet of Masoli or Nichols.  Will they be a wash or Drew Brees after a suspected career ending injury? Ok not Dre Brees but you get the idea. 

I must say the way Collaros threw the ball was a thing of beauty.  He has a lot to prove.  Let?s see how he does. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GCn19

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »

Loved Collaros yesterday but is this thread title serious? Collaros is damaged goods.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »

Loved Collaros yesterday but is this thread title serious? Collaros is damaged goods.

That's the reality. It's such a serious risk even without giving up a 1st round pick. OTOH we don't know whether Nichols shoulder injury creates the same type of longer term problems Lulay had. Does that make him prone to problems with his throwing arm?

I suppose the same could be said about Masoli's injury. It may be more limiting for him going forward.

No more excuses.
bluegold4life

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 06:32:26 PM »

It was 1 game and to be honest Zach played a solid game and it was a great feel good story. I'm happy for Zach and the Win. I don't think I can honestly make a decision at this point in time. It's 1 game, I'll come back after the season.

My reasoning is because it's 1 game, also the feel good story of Zach is still fresh, don't want that to sway my opinion. See you after the season
GCn19

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 06:46:26 PM »

That's the reality. It's such a serious risk even without giving up a 1st round pick. OTOH we don't know whether Nichols shoulder injury creates the same type of longer term problems Lulay had. Does that make him prone to problems with his throwing arm?

I suppose the same could be said about Masoli's injury. It may be more limiting for him going forward.

I would hitch my wagon to a shoulder injury long before i would a player who has a long history of concussions. That being said, if Collaros is willing to take backup money...I don't realistically see any scenario where any team brings him in to start.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: