Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2020, 08:07:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 50394 times)
blue girl

« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2019, 03:41:55 AM »

I think it?s gonna be difficult to keep Lapo here next year. I can see him in Ottawa. Does Steveler go with him?
In the interviews that I've seen of Streveler he's says that this feels like home now. Of course I don't think that he's sober right now so...  Grin
gobombersgo

« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2019, 04:49:24 AM »

In the interviews that I've seen of Streveler he's says that this feels like home now. Of course I don't think that he's sober right now so...  Grin
Would it be a legal contract if Walters tried to sign him right now? Lol

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2019, 05:06:47 AM »

Would it be a legal contract if Walters tried to sign him right now? Lol
Maybe Walters can pull a Taman paper napkin contract and get Strevy to sign it tonight lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2019, 07:35:03 AM »

I have never really wanted a Bomber jersey in my life, but I would get a Strev. Jersey.  Heart and souls, young and fun, and never accepts more than his best! Da!

I hope they sign him.  He's like Tim Teabow and Doug Flutie pachaed into one.
 Lapo you created/refined a monster
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #334 on: November 27, 2019, 10:50:35 AM »

I have never really wanted a Bomber jersey in my life, but I would get a Strev. Jersey.  Heart and souls, young and fun, and never accepts more than his best! Da!

I hope they sign him.  He's like Tim Teabow and Doug Flutie pachaed into one.
 Lapo you created/refined a monster
I would like see Strevy back as well. I he can get better at throwing the ball more consistently.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GCn19

« Reply #335 on: November 27, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

I would like see Strevy back as well. I he can get better at throwing the ball more consistently.

If the Bombers signed him back and said for the next couple years we will roll out the 2 QB system until Streveler gets really comfortable with his passing game I would be A-OK with that.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #336 on: November 27, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »

If the Bombers signed him back and said for the next couple years we will roll out the 2 QB system until Streveler gets really comfortable with his passing game I would be A-OK with that.

Having Nichols back would be very complementary. Nichols provides the veteran presence, cerebral, better-passing and dare-I-say game management while Streveler does what Streveler does best and can learn from Matt. After a 2 year contract it is totally possible Nichols will retire or move on and Streveler will have grown into our QB1.

That's how I see this being played out, at least.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #337 on: November 27, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »

I think it?s gonna be difficult to keep Lapo here next year. I can see him in Ottawa. Does Steveler go with him?
Streveler won't wanna go anywhere..start from scratch...and also no team is gonna offer him huge money yet to be a undisputed starter...he's not quite there yet...but he's close
Blue In BC

« Reply #338 on: November 27, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »

Collaros played well especially having to learn a new play book. Is he a better option than Nichols? Maybe maybe not. Injury concerns about both need to be taken into account.

QB's get too much credit for winning and too much fault for losses.

Look at his stats starting with the Grey Cup. 170 yards passing 17/23 for 73.9%. We rushed 28 times for 182 yards and the defense created 8 turnovers.

The WSF was similar where we had monster rushing game. Collaros 11/21 for 193 yards 52.4%. We rushed 31 times for 197 yards.

Game plan, defense and our run game played a big part in our success.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #339 on: November 27, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »

Collaros played well especially having to learn a new play book. Is he a better option than Nichols? Maybe maybe not. Injury concerns about both need to be taken into account.

QB's get too much credit for winning and too much fault for losses.

Look at his stats starting with the Grey Cup. 170 yards passing 17/23 for 73.9%. We rushed 28 times for 182 yards and the defense created 8 turnovers.

The WSF was similar where we had monster rushing game. Collaros 11/21 for 193 yards 52.4%. We rushed 31 times for 197 yards.

Game plan, defense and our run game played a big part in our success.

And those numbers all mirror games lead by Matt this year...

He can throw for yards if need be as well and it's in the game plan...just look at 2017..he had 6 games with totals over 300 yards...and 5 more that were 250+
People make it seem like he cant throw a ball and gain yards like they make it seem like Strev can't throw at all...they have been doing whats been asked of them this year
Tehedra

« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

I would love to see Nichols/Collaros, or Arbuckle/McGuire but I don't think we need to focus on resigning Streveler.  Streveler is exciting, and runs well, with a ton of heart.  However, I am not confident with him ever being a primary starter and we need to ensure we are always focusing on those who will be eventual starters
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »

Collaros was outstanding considering he was still learning our playbook up until he won his 4th straight game.   I can't imagine how much better he would be after a full training camp!!   He paired well with Streveler and Hamilton's D was out of sync every time the exchange between the two QBs happened.   He does things with his legs that neither Nichols or Streveler can do well or at all regarding his mobility and ability to see pressure coming.   Were his stats overwhelming?  Not really but considering his efficiency rating over 4 pressure packed games still learning the playbook, he was nothing short of miraculous!   Yes he had a great team surrounding him but he made something out of nothing on more than one occasion where Nichols would have either been sacked or threw the rock out of bounds.   He is a real student of the game and a cool performer under pressure.    Of course his injuries are of concern however so are Nichols.   I truly believe that with Nichols as our starter in the last four pressure packed games,  we would still be cup-less.   Streveler as well, couldn't have made those throws despite him being 3 for 3 on Sunday.    They were a magnificent combination however and having the two of them play well was a contributing factor.   I also like Zachs demeanour and overall awareness because he doesn't lock on to just one receiver....he spread the ball around and we got some great yardage with his arm to help us get into FG range.   Collaros + Streveler = winning!  

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »

And those numbers all mirror games lead by Matt this year...

He can throw for yards if need be as well and it's in the game plan...just look at 2017..he had 6 games with totals over 300 yards...and 5 more that were 250+
People make it seem like he cant throw a ball and gain yards like they make it seem like Strev can't throw at all...they have been doing whats been asked of them this year

I should have added how well the OL both run and pass blocked during the playoff run. Collaros is a little more elusive in the pocket than Nichols but don't sell Nichols short.

SMS and injury issues ( current and historical ) to Nichols, Collaros and Masoli will be interesting to see how they play out in free agency.

I probably lean towards Masoli for # 1 choice but IMO SMS is going to be a big factor. I'd also like Streveler back but would be interested in Arbuckle as well.

Not all of these QB's will reach free agency IMO.

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »

Collaros was pretty much a carbon copy of Matt Nichols. Collaros with a better ability to scramble and Nichols a little better at reading the D and getting the ball out of his hands. Both played within the confines of the Lapo system pretty much equally as well and both have demonstrated an ability to win games within that system by taking care of the rock.

It is complete nonsense to suggest that Collaros was far better than Nichols at QB. It's revisionist history perpetrated by those who have an axe to grind with Nichols.

GCn19

« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

I think there will be some big time competition for Lapo to beat out. I could see Condell being more desired than he is and I think that BC is almost a slam dunk to hire Campbell. Ottawa is the only destination at this time really and if media rumors in Ottawa are true they are very interested in Condell as it makes Masoli to Ottawa an almost slam dunk.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: