Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2020, 08:44:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichols or Collaros  (Read 50407 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »

I liked what I saw from Collaros, but would folks be so up on Collaros if Calgary could simple kick the convert meaning we lost the game?

Win or lose, with the exact same performance by the Bombers, I suspect the reaction for Collaros would be similar, simply because we saw something in his performance we haven't seen in a while - an offense that wasn't solely based around running plays on very short notice.  It gives a little more hope, as faint as it might be.

buckzumhoff

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2019, 09:03:49 PM »

I like Nichols . Streveller and McGuire. If we get Collaros that would be good. But Ottawa, Toronto, BC might be looking and Hamilton wont let Masoli go. I don't like Arbuckle or Masoli
TBURGESS

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »

Well I would be. IMO this is the best QBing I've seen here in a while especially considering that he only had 2 days practice. He won me over with the TD pass to Adams where I was yelling to throw the ball away but I was glad that he kept the play alive with his feet and found Adams for the TD.
That play was great. Kinda reminded me of Clements, but I'm not sure he'd complete it more than 50% of the time.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue72

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »

As mentioned earlier that with Nichols we will see short passes and a lot of running plays. He doesn't run or look down field when in trouble and would rather throw the ball into the stands. Nichols and Streveler both take longer than most to get rid of the ball and don't look for that 3rd or 4th receiver.

Would you pay Nichols $500,000 plus next year because that is what he will want since he is about $475K now, no thankyou. He is not worth any more then $425,000 until he could prove that he could last a whole year and take us at least to the grey cup.

Streveler needs at least another 2 years and a better QB coach to even try and make a move up the ladder to be a starter. Now he would rather run plus his throws need a lot of work and also his reading of the defense.

I would like to see what McGuire has because our backups usually doesn't see the field much and he was pretty good on short yardage plus he has a strong arm.

We need a lot better coaching and a lot better QBing then we had the last 5 years, other teams could find them.
dd

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »

I d go after collaros, masoli and Arbuckle in that order and get one of the 3. We have to move on from conservative, play it safe, throw the ball away type Qbing, we need someone who can make things happen like collaros just did.
dd

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2019, 10:28:56 PM »

That play was great. Kinda reminded me of Clements, but I'm not sure he'd complete it more than 50% of the time.
Tommy Clements is my favourite bomber of all time. I loved his roll out, but some time, we throw on the run style. He made things happen and back then, we had Willard Reaves who was a beast of a runningback and there was no 5 yard check downs 2 of 3 plays and throwing out of bounds when nothing was there, MAKE something happen!!
RebusRankin

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »

So people want Collaros even though it costs us our first rounder and he's got a terrible injury history?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2019, 10:50:22 PM »

So people want Collaros even though it costs us our first rounder and he's got a terrible injury history?
NO

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Tiger

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2019, 11:09:37 PM »

Uh Guys, it was only one game.  Let?s see if Collaros plays next game and how he does.   He has a lot to prove. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »

"This" is not based on one game.  It's his playing history.  There is always a  risk with concussions but he has been medically cleared.  He is going to be a much sought-after player in FA.  Why should we not be in the mix?
One reason is "the mix" costs us a 1st rounder.

Because of his concussion history he will not be as sought after as you think. I would be shocked if any GM in the CFL were to hand him the keys to the offence this offseason. Medically cleared or not, there is an extremely high likelihood that he will be concussed at some point next season and that given his history he will have to miss a ton of time to recover.

Is he a good QB...sure. Unfortunately, that is trumped by the risks now.
truth is spoken above

yeah people are getting desperate around here and blinded by one victory, pretty classic reaction for this place.  Happy for the guy, hope it continues and wish him a long career but I don't think he is worth the trouble (pick + risk of injury).
Uh Guys, it was only one game.  Let?s see if Collaros plays next game and how he does.   He has a lot to prove. 
ring a ding dong dandy LOL (aka, I agree)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:44:22 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Tiger

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »

. ring a ding dong dandy LOL (aka, I agree)

😂😂😂😂

I hope MOS plays Collaros and uses Streveler as a change up.  A second and short would be perfect to have Streveler in, the formation tighten up, have man cover and throw a 50/50 ball.  The question is to who? I think Adams.  He has played good defence when he did not have position.  Maybe Lawler or Wolitarski, especially if big height difference. 

Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
ichabod_crane

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2019, 12:22:10 AM »

If Collaros leads the Bombers all the way he will be crowned King of the city! Almost have to resign him then. A lot of this I think will depend on how things play out in the playoffs. Nichols not exactly injury free either over his career. Maybe that shoulder never fully recovers, who knows? He could be washed up like Khari Jones was the end of his career and could not throw a beach ball by that point. No arm strength was left. If O'Shea is gassed before next season then any new incoming coach is not beholden to any prior players either.

Streveler obviously at best a backup in Winnipeg or elsewhere in his career as it stands right now. Not ready for prime time yet. Needs a LOT of work on his passing game and reads. Will make for interesting debate up to and even after free agency begins. Masoli and Arbuckle free agents too if not resigned by their teams. I remember Masoli looked somewhat similar to Streveler early in his career. He was not the best passer (although had arm strength), but his reading of coverage was poor and very risky passes too if not outright lame ducks in double/triple coverage. Took him several years to improve in that area.
Tiger

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2019, 12:30:49 AM »

If Collaros leads the Bombers all the way he will be crowned King of the city! Almost have to resign him then. A lot of this I think will depend on how things play out in the playoffs. Nichols not exactly injury free either over his career. Maybe that shoulder never fully recovers, who knows? He could be washed up like Khari Jones was the end of his career and could not throw a beach ball by that point. No arm strength was left. If O'Shea is gassed before next season then any new incoming coach is not beholden to any prior players either.

Streveler obviously at best a backup in Winnipeg or elsewhere in his career as it stands right now. Not ready for prime time yet. Needs a LOT of work on his passing game and reads. Will make for interesting debate up to and even after free agency begins. Masoli and Arbuckle free agents too if not resigned by their teams. I remember Masoli looked somewhat similar to Streveler early in his career. He was not the best passer (although had arm strength), but his reading of coverage was poor and very risky passes too if not outright lame ducks in double/triple coverage. Took him several years to improve in that area.

Streveler has the tools but cannot read D and make good calls.  We will see if he develops.  Michael Bishop was an extreme example of great tools and no ability to read. 

Bo Jackson

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2019, 01:00:12 AM »

😂😂😂😂

I hope MOS plays Collaros and uses Streveler as a change up.  A second and short would be perfect to have Streveler in, the formation tighten up, have man cover and throw a 50/50 ball.  The question is to who? I think Adams.  He has played good defence when he did not have position.  Maybe Lawler or Wolitarski, especially if big height difference. 
yip

one two punch baby

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
longtimeblue

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2019, 02:46:15 AM »

Collaros will not be here. He wants to be in the east. Where he and his family live. As far as him being a risky signing, yeah, Nichols is a little less of a risk, but he is starting to show some fragility. Steady Matty. Yawn. And the drought will go on.

Of course Collaros will start in the playoffs and his level of play will dictate everything as far as his FA status. It is wait and see what happens. If you gave me a choice between a healthy Nichols and Collaros in a playoff game, I am going with Collaros.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:00:08 AM by longtimeblue » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: