Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 07:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - . Calgary @ Winnipeg - Oct. 25 @ 7:30 pm CT  (Read 16096 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2019, 04:37:06 AM »

Proud of this ball club

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
ichabod_crane

« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2019, 04:54:09 AM »

It might have had to do with the Toronto manager not wanting to give him up. It seemed as soon as Popp was fired the deal was done. Maybe they regret it now. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

That was one reason for sure, but the Bombers were not really in QB trade mode until they knew Nichols was gone for the year. It was only just before the trade deadline that we knew for sure Nichols was out for the year. I think they were hoping he'd be able to make it back before the playoffs before that. With his salary off the cap for the rest of the year they had room to bring Collaros in on a short term basis.

Supposedly Popp had an extension all setup for Collaros, but his firing nixed that. With that performance tonight the Argos maybe gave up the wrong QB! I  believe Nichols, Streveler and Collaros are all free agents after this season. Streveler has shown he is not ready for prime time yet so he would probably agree to remain as the backup next year. He really needs to work on his passing though, especially the longer throws. If Collaros does well in the playoffs how can they not resign him? I guess there is still the worry he is one hit away from being out again and back to the same boat as this year when Nichols went out. Zach is a bit younger I believe though than Nichols too. Guess we just have to wait and see how it all plays off the rest of the way.

Don't want to get too hyped though about Zach. It is only one game, but he definitely looked poised and with a decent semblance of a passing game it shows how good this team can be. I have seen the talent there all year and if Nichols had not gotten hurt they would have taken first place in the west this year I am almost certain. Also still not happy with the coaching staff on allowing TWO Huge leads get blown this season. No excuses for that. Once maybe, but twice? For me O'Shea is on the hot seat for those foul ups. We could still be sitting in first place with those two apparent easy wins instead of now probably finishing third and having long odds on the road to the Grey Cup.
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2019, 05:12:29 AM »

ZC is is a pro QB.

He can make every throw in the tree, like we saw tonight. 

Feel really good for ZC given what he has went through the last few years.

Hopefully "fans" see what a real QB that can make throws does to WIN games...

Clutch D provided the last drive.

Good way to enter the playoffs.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2019, 05:30:05 AM »

ZC is is a pro QB.

He can make every throw in the tree, like we saw tonight. 

Feel really good for ZC given what he has went through the last few years.

Hopefully "fans" see what a real QB that can make throws does to WIN games...

Clutch D provided the last drive.

Good way to enter the playoffs.

All our QBs are real and pros.  The Zach attack is back. 

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
catfan

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2019, 06:05:14 AM »

The question is can you out bid the Argos for him?(Zac) They have offer him a job next year.

You may have to cut loose Nichols to pay him plus some.

Catfan
Pigskin

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2019, 06:11:12 AM »

I don't think we can or want to. ZC8 wants to be in Toronto with his wife. He will always be one hit away from the end of his career. We would have to give up our #1 draft pick to keep him and this is a very strong draft year. Also I don't think Toronto would offer him a job while he is under contract with the bombers. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:18:46 AM by Pigskin » Logged
Blitzer

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »

The question is can you out bid the Argos for him?(Zac) They have offer him a job next year.

You may have to cut loose Nichols to pay him plus some.

Catfan

They should pay him whatever it takes. They need him. He's a good scrambler and an accurate passer.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:15:06 AM by Blitzer » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:32 AM »

Also, Matt isn't under contract with the Bombers after this year.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:20:43 AM by Pigskin » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »

If there's a 3 way tie it goes to record between the three teams. Calgary would be first at 3-2,Winnipeg second at 3-3 and Saskatchewan third at 2-3.

It looks like you're right.  The stupid thing is, we seem to get screwed by the schedule yet again here.  Think about it, if we all finish with 3 wins against the 3-way-tie teams, WPG loses out because they had the harder schedule and faced the tied-for-#1-teams 1 extra time!  SSK got 5 games against the "hard" teams.  Same with CGY.  But WPG got the shaft by drawing the "hard" teams for 6 games!

Which also goes to show that the tie-breaker rule there might be a little stupid: we get the shaft by having the 1 extra "hard" game?  Isn't that backwards?  Shouldn't we get some sort of benefit having to duke it out that extra time?  The tie-breaking rule should be straight up # of wins vs the tied teams, not the percentage.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »

I do not think we can finish 1st. 2nd is the best we can do. I could be wrong.

We can all finish with 11 wins but I'm not 100% sure how the tie breakers would work. We lost the series to Regina but won the point spread.

Not expecting 2 more losses by Regina and 1 by Calgary so it's moot probably.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:40:55 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Ridermania

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »

I'm left wondering why Walters didn't get ZC when Nichols had his surgery and was done for the year. Instead he waits until trade deadline day.

I posted this exact question when Nichols was done, Bombers would be in first place and hosting the western final.
Blue In BC

« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »

If there's a 3 way tie it goes to record between the three teams. Calgary would be first at 3-2,Winnipeg second at 3-3 and Saskatchewan third at 2-3.

I believe you are correct. For some reason I thought the Riders / Stamps had also played 3 times but it was 2 games. Stamps won both games against them.

I'll be cheering for Edmonton tonight. lol  

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »

I'm left wondering why Walters didn't get ZC when Nichols had his surgery and was done for the year. Instead he waits until trade deadline day.
He tried but Popp wouldn?t make that deal, it wasn?t until pinball became GM that the deal materialized . Thank you Pinball!!!
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

It looks like you're right.  The stupid thing is, we seem to get screwed by the schedule yet again here.  Think about it, if we all finish with 3 wins against the 3-way-tie teams, WPG loses out because they had the harder schedule and faced the tied-for-#1-teams 1 extra time!  SSK got 5 games against the "hard" teams.  Same with CGY.  But WPG got the shaft by drawing the "hard" teams for 6 games!

Which also goes to show that the tie-breaker rule there might be a little stupid: we get the shaft by having the 1 extra "hard" game?  Isn't that backwards?  Shouldn't we get some sort of benefit having to duke it out that extra time?  The tie-breaking rule should be straight up # of wins vs the tied teams, not the percentage.

We controlled our own destiny. We blew it against Toronto and Montreal. Excuses don't feed the bull dog! We only have to look at our own selves for the reason we will finish third and have to play in Regina and if we get lucky then in Calgary. Hate having to hear these lame excuses!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2019, 02:30:29 PM »

We controlled our own destiny. We blew it against Toronto and Montreal. Excuses don't feed the bull dog! We only have to look at our own selves for the reason we will finish third and have to play in Regina and if we get lucky then in Calgary. Hate having to hear these lame excuses!

Agree on part of this...should have taken care of business and won in Toronto and Montreal.  No blame but the bombers...if we play sask and beat them it won't be lucky - how you get to that conclusion is beyond me ...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: