Blue Bombers Forum
August 03, 2020, 10:58:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Injuries this week  (Read 3816 times)
blue newt

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:57 PM »

I've been complaining about that all of last year and probably longer. The only aspect that makes partial sense is how it relates to the ratio.

For example this week Whitehead or Bailey would have been one too many imports on the AR if both were activated.

In the past I had suggested making changing the ratio by increasing the number of Canadians by 2 and dressing all 46 players. The other option would be 1 more Canadian and 1 more DI.

Obviously this season and next season changed with 1 less QB ( on many rosters ) and 2 Global players in 2020.

It would appear there will still be 1 non dressed player in 2020. I'd advocate designating it a Canadian and dress everybody. Seems the easiest route.

I think it makes partial sense for guys who may or may not be injured.  It allows a team to make game-day decisions for players that are on the cusp of playing.  If a guy is on the IR, he's making his wage anyway, so opening up the door to potentially returning doesn't cost the team more if he ends up on the 46, but not game day.  I've seen the Bombers do this routinely -- have an injured guy who makes the full roster, but gets cut as the one scratch.  Otherwise, these decisions would need to be made much earlier (in time for depth chart posting).

As for fantasy, as someone who plays fantasy, I've accepted that scratches are part of the risk I'm willing to take.  It's part of the gamble.  At the end of the day, fantasy football is just a form of low-risk gambling.  Choosing a player that gets scratched is one of those risks.  I've done it before.  But I don't begrudge the scratch.  Teams aren't making depth charts to please fantasy teams, they are doing it to try and win games.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 06:51:25 AM »

XFL starting QB's get almost $500k US for 10 games... 

Really?  That's nuts.  I'd say XFL is going to go the way of the AAF in a very prompt manner.  Shall we take bets on <1 year?  1 year?  2 years?  I'd say betting >2 years is a 100-to-1 shot.

Speaking of XFL, I hope someone posts here when they start actually playing games and I can catch it on TV.  Like the AAF, I'll give it a chance and watch the games.  Then I can be primed for the "told-ya-sos" when they fold  Wink Grin

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2019, 01:51:35 AM »

I don't know... unlike the AAF, the XFL actually has $500M in the bank... that's an amount to fund the league for 3 years without any other revenue, or so they say... I have a feeling that Vince will do a better overall job in regards to making smart business decisions this time around... but, we'll see... I thought that the AAF would last longer than 7 weeks, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2019, 04:06:18 AM »

I don't know... unlike the AAF, the XFL actually has $500M in the bank... that's an amount to fund the league for 3 years without any other revenue, or so they say... I have a feeling that Vince will do a better overall job in regards to making smart business decisions this time around... but, we'll see... I thought that the AAF would last longer than 7 weeks, lol...

What you said above in bold is exactly what they were all saying about the AAF.  The amounts might be different.  But everyone was saying AAF had $XX in the bank, and could self-fund with no revenue for YY years.

Until they prove otherwise, no one on the planet expects the XFL to last.  Once AAF-bitten, twice XFL-shy.

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2019, 04:57:34 AM »

What you said above in bold is exactly what they were all saying about the AAF.  The amounts might be different.  But everyone was saying AAF had $XX in the bank, and could self-fund with no revenue for YY years.

Until they prove otherwise, no one on the planet expects the XFL to last.  Once AAF-bitten, twice XFL-shy.

difference being, Charlie Ebersol didn't the money, he was relying on somebody else to pay the bills and fund the league... Vince on the other hand, he actually has the money, all of the money, needed to fund this deal and then some... he doesn't have to worry about someone else not honoring their obligations... now I'm not saying that he'll follow thru with 3 year funding, but, there won't be any missing or bouncing pay checks, unpaid bills to providers, etc., and it will be his choice, not someone else's, deciding the fate of the league...

booch

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »

Vince is smart and a good businessman...but he didn't get his wealth by losing money, or propping up something that the U.S public deems irrelevant...after the initial luster and curiosity fades, this is what this will become...irrelevant and fade away...again...especially with all your teams in NFL markets....no butts in the seats, inferior play...will equate to another one and done season...possibly 2 with a relocation or two, but it will disappear like all before...and any in the future...why supposed "smart" businessmen keep trying to make this pipe dream feasible is beyond me
GCn19

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

The problem is that we Fantasy players have no other option. And some of us don't look kindly at being referred to as "fools".

If you are building your fantasy strictly off the DC then you are being foolish. 90% off DC's are accurate but there is always 10% that is in flux due to ratio, injuries etc. One needs to do there homework on that.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »

Vince is smart and a good businessman...but he didn't get his wealth by losing money, or propping up something that the U.S public deems irrelevant...after the initial luster and curiosity fades, this is what this will become...irrelevant and fade away...again...especially with all your teams in NFL markets....no butts in the seats, inferior play...will equate to another one and done season...possibly 2 with a relocation or two, but it will disappear like all before...and any in the future...why supposed "smart" businessmen keep trying to make this pipe dream feasible is beyond me

I think he'll fund it through the 1st year for sure... he'll want to do better than Charlie and prove his league would make it at least an entire season... whether they suit up for year 2 or not... not so sure... it will depend on fan support for sure....  at least he has a TV deal that puts all games on free network or basic cable channels... he's not getting paid for the rights, not yet, but unlike the AAF the channels are picking up the production cost of broadcast... that's huge...

overall he has 2 chances to make this work.... slim... and none...  Grin

BlueInCgy

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2019, 02:30:49 PM »

I don't think the XFL stands a chance at more than two years, they'll make one.  Vince has more money than he ever needs, his kids have more money then they'll ever need (and they're not dummies either), and his grandkids have more money than they'll ever need, so there's no one he'll let it fail during Year One.  At this point it has to be a pet project for him.

That being said, he'd probably be better off reinvesting the money into what made him rich, because if (and it's a big if) AEW continues to push product like they have for the first few weeks, he actually has some competition in that arena, which hasn't been the case for the better part of two decades (I haven't watched WWE in forever, however, watching AEW reminds me of the Monday Night Wars/Attitude era product).
booch

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »

I think he'll fund it through the 1st year for sure... he'll want to do better than Charlie and prove his league would make it at least an entire season... whether they suit up for year 2 or not... not so sure... it will depend on fan support for sure....  at least he has a TV deal that puts all games on free network or basic cable channels... he's not getting paid for the rights, not yet, but unlike the AAF the channels are picking up the production cost of broadcast... that's huge...

overall he has 2 chances to make this work.... slim... and none...  Grin
Yup pretty much sums it up with the chances...and tho he has things more put together and more visable to the public....pretty sure that it won't be enough..and if it does go past a year because he wants to keep funding it, it will be an after thought for most football fans
GCn19

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2019, 03:36:18 PM »

Vince is an incredibly stubborn man when he believes something will work. That's the only reason we are even seeing XFL 2.0. No way he bails as fast as the AAF did. He will end up losing big money and eventually folding though. There is zero chance of profit in the first few years and in a one owner league you have to be willing to lose everything you have. I don't think even Vince has the stones for that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:38:55 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: