Blue Bombers Forum
October 15, 2019, 11:37:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Injuries this week  (Read 711 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:44 AM »

Strev and Harris with a minor limp at times
Rempel wasn't playing
Drew got nicked
Who am I missing?

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 02:45:17 AM »

Lucky, Hardrick.
blue girl

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 03:00:32 AM »

Lucky was scratched before the game.
Pigskin

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 03:06:35 AM »

Four players shouldn't have been playing in the last 2:00 minutes. Strv17, AH33, Hardrick, and Woli82. All banged up, all limping, no need to be playing them.
blue girl

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:25 AM »

Four players shouldn't have been playing in the last 2:00 minutes. Strv17, AH33, Hardrick, and Woli82. All banged up, all limping, no need to be playing them.
I agree. We don't need anymore injuries to key players. But you know O'Shea will tell you that no lead is safe.  Roll Eyes
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 03:20:45 AM »

This is another reason why we don't develop players. Those touches in cleanup time mite not seem like much, but it is playing time. We all know JA27 can run, McQ12 can hand the ball off. Our backup Canadian OL can block, Pete81 can sub in for Woli82.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 03:31:01 AM »

This is another reason why we don't develop players. Those touches in cleanup time mite not seem like much, but it is playing time. We all know JA27 can run, McQ12 can hand the ball off. Our backup Canadian OL can block, Pete81 can sub in for Woli82.
Some truth to this but we have been seeing new faces on D all year and have done a good job in that regard.

I agree in general that we should have more backups playing in garbage time.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 06:36:14 AM »

Put in Augustine when the game is on ice.....although it seems this year we haven't held on to leads well.    Our #2 QB needs some reps because no player and I don't care how much of a physical specimen they are is immune to serious injury.   Even Reilly went down today with a broken wrist and we can't afford to gamble with Streveler when there is no need to.....

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »

I'm of the opposite mind.  I was worried we would still blow it even with 60s left.  Didn't help that TSN turned off the bottom score/time ticker in the last 3 mins or so.

If you take out the starters with 2:00 left and they get that fluke hail mary immediately instead of at the end, then they are back in the game.

You all complain all the time we don't step on their throats and play 4 quarters and finish out games!  Then you cry we should pull our starters with 2:00 left?!  We do that and they get those run-play turnovers and fluke deep passes and we lose... then what.  MOS did it right.

You don't pull your starters unless you're up 3 TDs!!!  It's the CFL!
Big Daddy

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »

I'm of the opposite mind.  I was worried we would still blow it even with 60s left.  Didn't help that TSN turned off the bottom score/time ticker in the last 3 mins or so.

If you take out the starters with 2:00 left and they get that fluke hail mary immediately instead of at the end, then they are back in the game.

You all complain all the time we don't step on their throats and play 4 quarters and finish out games!  Then you cry we should pull our starters with 2:00 left?!  We do that and they get those run-play turnovers and fluke deep passes and we lose... then what.  MOS did it right.

You don't pull your starters unless you're up 3 TDs!!!  It's the CFL!

Fair enough, but I think there is some middle ground between stepping on their throats at the end and pulling all your starters and giving them the chance to get back and in it.

I think most people are talking in offense - when we are already trying to keep it fairly conservative and not risking big turnover plays.  Why wouldn't we put in our backup qb to hand off or throw some low risk passes, especially if Streveler looked a bit nicked (limping a bit earlier)?  And really, AH doesn't need to be in any longer.

But agreed - no one should be coming off for the D when they are specifically going to try big plays/hail Mary's for a last ditch effort.
TBURGESS

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »

It's not about pulling all your starters. It's about protecting the one's who you can't win without.

I'd have pulled Streveler and Harris in the last couple of minutes.

Being right never gets old.
blue girl

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »

I get leaving the QB in yesterday since this team hasn't been good at holding leads but they could have put Augustine in for Harris.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 06:13:26 PM »

It's not about pulling all your starters. It's about protecting the one's who you can't win without.

I'd have pulled Streveler and Harris in the last couple of minutes.
Yep...

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »

It seemed like Jeffcoat did not play all that much, I don't know if that was because of his previous injury or ratio related but Jefferson needs his help to shut down BLM in the next two games.  Kongbo is a good prospect but he's only about 60% as good as Jeffcoat right now.
blue newt

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »

It seemed like Jeffcoat did not play all that much, I don't know if that was because of his previous injury or ratio related but Jefferson needs his help to shut down BLM in the next two games.  Kongbo is a good prospect but he's only about 60% as good as Jeffcoat right now.

I'm going to guess ratio.  Rotating Thomas out means rotating Kongbo in.  I agree that we need more Jeffcoat, but short of putting Hecht back in at safety, it may be what it is at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: