Blue Bombers Forum
May 29, 2020, 06:21:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adams is the worst starting WR in the league  (Read 5375 times)
Tiger

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »

Adams didn't blow the 50-50 ball. He played it great. Roberson had the pick and Adams took it away from him.

Agreed.  I thought it was a great defensive play by Adams. 

I think Adams is a good receiver but fans are on him.  The only play where I thought Adams did not do well was where Collaros scrambled and ?overthrew? Adams.  If Adams keep running and did not break off or give up that would have been a big gainer or maybe a touchdown.  That said they have not played with each other as of late and usually BB QBs run or throw to the back.  Adams will have to play a little more heads up.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »

yeah I hate plays like this, terrible receiver, worst WR in the league for sure.  Roll Eyes Huh Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked  Yeah it was mostly Zach but it takes two to tango.  Nuff said my friends.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/10/28/collaros-avoids-tackles-to-deliver-insane-pass-in-the-timber-mart-plays-of-the-week/

O did I mention it was #1 play of the week, wait for it! LOL

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Tiger

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2019, 12:28:00 AM »

yeah I hate plays like this, terrible receiver, worst WR in the league for sure.  Roll Eyes Huh Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked  Yeah it was mostly Zach but it takes two to tango.  Nuff said my friends.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/10/28/collaros-avoids-tackles-to-deliver-insane-pass-in-the-timber-mart-plays-of-the-week/

That was a play of beauty. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2019, 01:00:37 AM »

That was a play of beauty. 
makes me proud and happy to be a Bomber fan

blue_or_die

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2019, 01:00:50 AM »

This week's poll:

Who thought PJ would make this post?

- Everyone
- All

PJ, you do realize that one great play does not negate all criticism directed his way, right? Just like if our defense has one good game that it doesn't "make the haters crawl back under their rock"?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:25 AM »

This week's poll:

- Everyone
- All

PJ, you do realize that one great play does not negate all criticism directed his way, right? Just like if our defense has one good game that it doesn't "make the haters crawl back under their rock"?
correct he has been wickedly inconsistent. To many drops to be a #1 WR.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2019, 01:22:17 AM »

This week's poll:

- Everyone
- All

To suggest that everyone or all would think I would make this post is ridiculous but a little bit funny at the same time.  Big fan of Adams and I posted a video of him playing well.  My point was that he isn't the worst staring receiver in the league and I have provided a great example to back that up.  Didn't suggest anything else.  I don't see what this has to do with the defense but great job at making this about me.  I would suggest you focus on the ball club, the debate about the team.  Thanks for coming out!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 02:34:44 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

blue_or_die

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2019, 03:02:24 AM »

To suggest that everyone or all would think I would make this post is ridiculous but a little bit funny at the same time.  Big fan of Adams and I posted a video of him playing well.  My point was that he isn't the worst staring receiver in the league and I have provided a great example to back that up.  Didn't suggest anything else.  I don't see what this has to do with the defense but great job at making this about me.  I would suggest you focus on the ball club, the debate about the team.  Thanks for coming out!

Glad you found the poll razz funny (if you didn't get it, it was a shot at you making a poll where all voting options were essentially the same).

While the thread title was a bit hyperbolic, the main content of the thread pointed out that Adams has been extremely underwhelming in his position compared to the output of the equivalent for other teams. Posting an exceptional example does not prove otherwise. Just waiting for a divergence from a trend to throw out a toldyaso.

This is my opinion and I have every right to it. Folks can pile on and bully me but I will always defend myself.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2019, 03:20:04 AM »

Albeit I am not a big Adams fan....he has made a few plays lately and he broke up a possible interception on a 50/50 ball.   He also has a QB now than can utilize his strengths and get him the ball a few more times a game.   He's what we have now and he's healthy....so I'm hoping to see some improvement in his production!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2019, 06:11:58 AM »

Adams didn't blow the 50-50 ball. He played it great. Roberson had the pick and Adams took it away from him.

Adams made a great defensive play, sure.  But he's a WR, not a DB.  A great WR would have come back for that ball, or slowed down earlier, and made the DB look like he was impeding him or just been in a better position than the DB.  As per the OP, a "better" WR, like Burnham or Begleton, might have made a play on that ball.  They'd find a way.

Yes, Collaros could have thrown a better ball, but not every ball is perfect.  That pass was the definition of a 50/50 ball and it's our WR's job to find a way to get it done.  The OP point is Adams rarely does, at least not this year.

I love Adams and wouldn't hesitate to keep him on the roster at a reasonable price, but he isn't the 50/50 answer the BB's desperately need.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »

Adams made a great defensive play, sure.  But he's a WR, not a DB.  A great WR would have come back for that ball, or slowed down earlier, and made the DB look like he was impeding him or just been in a better position than the DB.  As per the OP, a "better" WR, like Burnham or Begleton, might have made a play on that ball.  They'd find a way.

Yes, Collaros could have thrown a better ball, but not every ball is perfect.  That pass was the definition of a 50/50 ball and it's our WR's job to find a way to get it done.  The OP point is Adams rarely does, at least not this year.

I love Adams and wouldn't hesitate to keep him on the roster at a reasonable price, but he isn't the 50/50 answer the BB's desperately need.

Roberson had body position. You cannot blame the receiver for running his route correctly and the QB delivering a poor throw.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
iso_55

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2019, 11:39:09 AM »

Adams sucks.

And he is slow . He can't out run or out jump anyone.
On the punt return he stepped out of the way of the return guy.  I thought he was the kicker, until I saw the other punter step aside,

You can at least fall down in front of the returner..

**** no wonder this team is losing.  Too many passengers.

Well, this comment has aged well. I think a lot depends on who is throwing the ball, don't you think? An actual qb or a running back who can play qb.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »

both of those throws to Adams were bad decisions on the part of the QB as he was covered well in both instances... but at least Darvin broke up the interception this week where he didn't the week before... but neither of those balls should have been thrown... period...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »

Roberson had body position. You cannot blame the receiver for running his route correctly and the QB delivering a poor throw.

Exactly. The title of this thread is brutally inaccurate... But then I saw the author, so it makes sense.

The fact is no receiver is having a memorable campaign in this offense. The talent is there; the usage is embarrassingly poor.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »

Exactly. The title of this thread is brutally inaccurate... But then I saw the author, so it makes sense.

The fact is no receiver is having a memorable campaign in this offense. The talent is there; the usage is embarrassingly poor.
we have a few weeks to ponder our future but rehashing this thread seems a little redundant....some new threads please!?

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: