Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2020, 11:21:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adams is the worst starting WR in the league  (Read 7687 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »

Well is he better than burnham in bc? Nope. Rogers in Calgary , nope, Evans in Saskatchewan, nope, Ellingson in Edmonton, nope. That would make him the worst in the west. Better than banks, nope, SJ green, nope, eugene lewis, nope, that leaves Ottawa?s wr, who since they suck so bad, I can?t recall who it is, but it?s between him and Adams of who?s the worst in the league, so if he?s not the worst he?s in the bottom 2!!!

Your thread states worst staring WR in league, that doesn't mean worst of the best guy on each team which you have now changed it to.  He is average, far from best, far from worst.    There are many starting WR in this great league, Adams is playing about middle of the pack this year, where normally he is closer to top 10-15.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Slingin Sammy

Hatred is an element of struggle

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 12:19:38 AM »

Your thread states worst staring WR in league, that doesn't mean worst of the best guy on each team which you have now changed it to.  He is average, far from best, far from worst.    There are many starting WR in this great league, Adams is playing about middle of the pack this year, where normally he is closer to top 10-15.

Clearly your opinion changes if the thread says he's the worst X receiver in the league...NO?  Pretty sure that's pretty much an objectively true statement...and a weakness Mgmt acknowledged as they pursued Ellingson and Walker hard during free agency...

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 12:26:57 AM »

Clearly your opinion changes if the thread says he's the worst X receiver in the league...NO?  Pretty sure that's pretty much an objectively true statement...and a weakness Mgmt acknowledged as they pursued Ellingson and Walker hard during free agency...
I believe we made the right decision not to overpay these guys.  I would have either of them but the price was too steep.  We are doing it my committee and that suits me fine.

Slingin Sammy

Hatred is an element of struggle

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 12:35:27 AM »

I believe we made the right decision not to overpay these guys.  I would have either of them but the price was too steep.  We are doing it my committee and that suits me fine.

Fair enough...I think all can agree...(Milt on panel most especially) that we don't have a true #1 receiver (x reciver)...it is an area that needs improvement...I think we should try others in that spot.  Adams has been given ample opportunity to demonstrate he can be that guy...by any objective measure...he clearly does not fill that role effectively when compared to other x receivers in the league

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 12:39:11 AM »

Fair enough...I think all can agree...(Milt on panel most especially) that we don't have a true #1 receiver (x reciver)...it is an area that needs improvement...I think we should try others in that spot.  Adams has been given ample opportunity to demonstrate he can be that guy...by any objective measure...he clearly does not fill that role effectively when compared to other x receivers in the league

agree

Tiger

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 02:01:28 AM »

I agreed.  That said he is far from worst imp WR in league.  Also when you look at his numbers compare to our other receivers who also have Lower numbers on run heavy team.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 02:06:08 AM »

I agreed.  That said he is far from worst imp WR in league.  Also when you look at his numbers compare to our other receivers who also have Lower numbers on run heavy team.

agree

GCn19

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 02:27:04 AM »

Crazy thread. CFL players voted him top 3 in most under rated player in the CFL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue girl

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 02:38:42 AM »

Like it or not he's the #1 receiver here. The Bombers tried to sign another receiver in the off season but all they could get was Chris Matthews. Receivers don't want to come here and I now believe that it's because of LaPos system.
dd

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2019, 02:42:14 AM »

He?s our #1 receiver, I m just comparing him to other #1 receivers and you can see he?s at the bottom of the list of #1 receivers. We need a guy who can consistently produce, he had had consistency issues since he came here. Time to give bailey or lawler the #1 spot and put the ball in a playmakers hands vs a guy who has fought the ball since he got here.
Pigskin

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2019, 03:17:22 AM »

Bailey has played 2 games and has looked very good. One bad drop tonight, but it's going to happen. Lawler has proven that he can play. Demski has been solid. Woli82 is back to playing and making some big blocks. Adams has been good, but not great for our #1 receiver.
dd

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2019, 03:24:10 AM »

Lawler and Bailey are far more athletic, give lawler the #1 role and let him run with it. I know MOS won?t change the lineup but he should.(how many times have we said that!!!)
pjrocksmb

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 03:29:25 AM »

He?s our #1 receiver, I m just comparing him to other #1 receivers and you can see he?s at the bottom of the list of #1 receivers. We need a guy who can consistently produce, he had had consistency issues since he came here. Time to give bailey or lawler the #1 spot and put the ball in a playmakers hands vs a guy who has fought the ball since he got here.

Ok I understand you position but your thread title doesn't state that.  Thanks for the explanation.

Disagree on his consistency.  He is coming of two years with 1000 yards each.  His numbers would be a little better year if Nichols wouldn't have gone down but this offense is spreading it around which is generally working fine.

fansince79

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:01 AM »

Adams drops way too many catchable balls to be a #1 receiver. He?s a free agent after this year. Time to move on. 
dd

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 04:34:17 AM »

Ok I understand you position but your thread title doesn't state that.  Thanks for the explanation.

Disagree on his consistency.  He is coming of two years with 1000 yards each.  His numbers would be a little better year if Nichols wouldn't have gone down but this offense is spreading it around which is generally working fine.
It?s not my thread. I clarified my position by saying as a #1 receiver in an offense , he?s the worst in the league, and he is. He?s not however the worst wide receiver in the league, but I?d have him playing the #3 position in our offense and I d be getting lawler and bailey the ball a heck of a lot more
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: