Blue Bombers Forum
October 15, 2019, 11:38:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Montreal @ Winnipeg - October 12, 2019 @ 3:00 PM CT  (Read 2371 times)
lenny

« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2019, 11:22:16 PM »

In what way is it's contradictory?

My point, essentially, was we tend to not see things as they are but rather as we are. Strev makes poor under throws that are picked off...he's brutal. Adams makes poor under throws that are picked...our D is great. I find it an interesting psychological trait of fans of teams.

If you can't see that and/or find it interesting I don't know what to tell you. It was not intended as a personal criticism (as I pointed out in my OP)...but you chose to take it that way, anyway. You do you.

Honestly. Are you writing a thesis in psychology by referencing truisms or do you have something more profound to offer? At least a couple of posters took your truisms and trite observations as criticisms of the posters themselves and you didn't correct them. I'd suggest your facile observations were intended as a lot more than you suggest.
Blitzer

« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2019, 11:53:23 PM »

I'm very happy for the Bombers and Streveler. If he could just stay away from high risk passes in the 4th quarter I would feel better. If you have to make a perfect throw or hope there isn't a defensive back hiding behind the linemen it may not be worth it. I know he wants to make yardage but it's a gamble. It looks like he wanted those 2 interceptions back. Hopefully he learned something today. I'm impressed with his accuracy overall.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »

I'm very happy for the Bombers and Streveler. If he could just stay away from high risk passes in the 4th quarter I would feel better. If you have to make a perfect throw or hope there isn't a defensive back hiding behind the linemen it may not be worth it. I know he wants to make yardage but it's a gamble. It looks like he wanted those 2 interceptions back. Hopefully he learned something today. I'm impressed with his accuracy overall.

Summed it up perfectly, young players learn form their mistakes, he is slowly getting there.  Look at Adams, he has been pretty darn good for a stretch and he sure is licking the wounds tonight boy.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue newt

« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2019, 12:13:47 AM »

Hey,

Can anyone here throw out a good theory on what Adams was thinking when he spiked the ball backwards? It looked like he did it intentionally, but to what goal? Is there a different rule in college ball where this would apply and he had a brain fart?   Huh  It worked to our advantage, but that play baffled me.

Blitzer

« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2019, 12:21:25 AM »

Hey,

Can anyone here throw out a good theory on what Adams was thinking when he spiked the ball backwards? It looked like he did it intentionally, but to what goal? Is there a different rule in college ball where this would apply and he had a brain fart?   Huh  It worked to our advantage, but that play baffled me.

I think he thought it was illegal procedure on the offence and he was waiting for the whistle to blow and he was mad at the offence. I think the ref's whistle only blows on an illegal procedure but the penalty was offensive offside, therefore no whistle. This is the way I understood it. He thought it was procedure but it was offside, therefore no whistle (no whistle even if it was defensive offside either).
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2019, 12:23:36 AM »

I think he thought it was illegal procedure on the offence and he was waiting for the whistle to blow and he was mad at the offence. I think the ref's whistle only blows on an illegal procedure but the penalty was offensive offside, therefore no whistle. This is the way I understood it. He thought it was procedure but it was offside, therefore no whistle (no whistle even if it was defensive offside either).

Yah.  Think that was it - he thought the play was whistled dead.  Would have been great had we been able to scoop it up.  VA didn't have a great game today
pjrocksmb

« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2019, 12:28:05 AM »

Yah.  Think that was it - he thought the play was whistled dead.  Would have been great had we been able to scoop it up.  VA didn't have a great game today

I could see from the beginning that we rattled him.  He was too aggressive and confident in his deep ball.  We feasted on his weakness.

Blitzer

« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2019, 12:36:12 AM »

Bombers had good pressure on him today. It's strange he was throwing into double coverage but I guess they were desperate for a score.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2019, 12:38:23 AM »

Bombers had good pressure on him today. It's strange he was throwing into double coverage but I guess they were desperate for a score.

Pressure and desperation makes a decent QB become weak.

Blitzer

« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2019, 12:42:47 AM »

Pressure and desperation makes a decent QB become weak.

I guess it shows how important a good defense is.
Tiger

« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2019, 01:53:39 AM »

Where was everyone.  Myself and the 20 other Bomber fans tried to make noise.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
blue girl

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2019, 02:30:28 AM »

Where was everyone.  Myself and the 20 other Bomber fans tried to make noise.
Hey I was there. There were two other people in my row in the first half but in the second half I was the only one. I said in another thread that this is the lowest that I've ever seen the attendance. They even closed off parts of the upper deck. I didn't even think that it was that cold, just wet. I'd be surprised if there were 10,000 people there. Even The Rum Hut was empty.
swansong

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »

At least a couple of posters took your truisms and trite observations as criticisms of the posters themselves and you didn't correct them.

That's not true and you likely know that but you're saying it anyway to try and rationalize/justify your over the top reaction. They took it for exactly what it was...a generalization using specific comments as examples. You're the only one with your panties in a bunch.
Pigskin

« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2019, 03:03:39 AM »

Lots on noisy for a small crowd. The weather was just fine. Cool but not cold. No line up for the washrooms.
lenny

« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2019, 03:32:48 AM »

That's not true and you likely know that but you're saying it anyway to try and rationalize/justify your over the top reaction. They took it for exactly what it was...a generalization using specific comments as examples. You're the only one with your panties in a bunch.

"That?s because the people posting here are just like the people posting at every fan forum in the world, regardless of the sport - unable to see the other team.

We know the Bombers better than their opposition, naturally, so everything?s all about the Bombers. When things go right, it?s all about the Bombers being great. When things go bad, it?s all about the Bombers crapping the bed. The opponent is nothing but a prop in the game of Bomberball!

And then we wonder why the coaches and GMs never read these forums and take our advice..."

Ok so this poster in response to your psycho babble draws a negative inference and insulting as well: "unable to see the other team." That's flat out wrong for many posters. Indeed many posters comment on other games in threads which specifically involve posters being quite able and competent to see other teams on both sides of the ball. Indeed, posters are able in their own games to state whether their D was lucky, incompetent and concurrently that the opposition QB made a good or bad decision and our D was poor/good/lucky. You seem to have a very narrow and likely uninformed opinion about how different posters analyze games. I might say that Streveler threw a great pass or a bad pass. Concurrently I might say that the oppossing QB threw a lucky pass, great pass, or bad throw and thus our team intercepted the pass. Just because you isolated a few opinions at a specific time was no basis to draw a generalization about how people view a game. And that's exactly what the poster I just quoted did. Again, you never conditioned your opinion you left the inference that people (posters) are so myopic they can't draw opinions either way.

The poster then states negatively, "then we wonder why the coaches and GMs never read these forums and take our advice.." By not conditioning your opinion and not correcting this negative inference you left the unmistakable impression that posters here are not able to draw fair opinions either way. Maybe YOU can't but leave most of us out of your pseudo psychological inferences. Or at least don't be quoting from posters who push back against your poor psycho babble and you as a consequence becoming offended.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: