Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2020, 10:15:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don?t give up!  (Read 1813 times)
Blitzer

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 04:16:44 AM »

Bomber losses when scoring less than 7 points in last 4 decades:

1980  July 22    at BC Lions       26 to 6    Loss 
1983  Aug 20    at BC Lions       44 to 6    Loss 
1984  Oct 27    at BC Lions       20 to 3    Loss     WON GREY CUP
1986  Aug 15    at Edmonton       33 to 5    Loss 
1988  July 12    at BC Lions       36 to 3    Loss     WON GREY CUP
1992  Aug 6    at Toronto        32 to 6    Loss 
1995  Sept 3    at Saskatchewan    56 to 4    Loss 
1997  Oct 12       vs Edmonton        20 to 2    Loss
2005  Oct 22    at BC Lions         41 to 1    Loss
2012  Sept 2       at Saskatchewan    52 to 0    Loss 
2012  Sept 14      at Calgary        44 to 3    Loss 
2014  July 17       vs. Edmonton       26-3       Loss
2015  July 25      at Edmonton         32-3       Loss
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:31:16 AM by Blitzer » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 10:29:22 AM »

The players in the locker room still believe in each other so that?s what matters most.

I agree with everything you said!  However, devil's advocate: what if the one above statement is false?  They can profess it all they want, but what if it's not true?

What if there's some guys, maybe even some leaders, who are toxic to the process?  I have no knowledge of this, and not many reasons to even suggest it, but what if CM-jersey-Jefferson is ruining the locker room?  Look at what's different among the "leaders" in our locker room compared to '18... it's basically Willie.  Again, I'm making this stuff up, so I'm probably wrong.  In any case Willie is too valuable and expensive and necessary to fire/trade, and he's a fan favorite.  He may be gone next year due to his own prerogative, or (just maybe) ours.  Again: no flames please, I'm just shootin' the McCallum driveway contents looking for answers.  Like trapper or upp said: Willie seems to just check out at times, and no one can explain it.

But... who would argue against the fact that, going into the playoffs in 2018, the team seemed much more cohesive and tight-knit than they do this year.  This year we have and talk about the individual players/coords.  Last year at this time we were all talking about "the team".  Interesting, that.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 10:31:37 AM »

Bomber losses when scoring less than 7 points in last 4 decades:

1984  Oct 27    at BC Lions       20 to 3    Loss     WON GREY CUP
1988  July 12    at BC Lions       36 to 3    Loss     WON GREY CUP

See!  You guys laughed at me.  But it is all according to plan!  Getting just 6 points last game was the plan all along!  Guaranteed GC baby!
Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

(Great stat list, btw Blitzer.)

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 01:07:04 PM »

Still laughing.
rubanski

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »

2012  Sept 2       at Saskatchewan    52 to 0    Loss 

This was a dark, dark day for the franchise.
Sec227

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »

I agree with everything you said!  However, devil's advocate: what if the one above statement is false?  They can profess it all they want, but what if it's not true?

What if there's some guys, maybe even some leaders, who are toxic to the process?  I have no knowledge of this, and not many reasons to even suggest it, but what if CM-jersey-Jefferson is ruining the locker room?  Look at what's different among the "leaders" in our locker room compared to '18... it's basically Willie.  Again, I'm making this stuff up, so I'm probably wrong.  In any case Willie is too valuable and expensive and necessary to fire/trade, and he's a fan favorite.  He may be gone next year due to his own prerogative, or (just maybe) ours.  Again: no flames please, I'm just shootin' the McCallum driveway contents looking for answers.  Like trapper or upp said: Willie seems to just check out at times, and no one can explain it.

But... who would argue against the fact that, going into the playoffs in 2018, the team seemed much more cohesive and tight-knit than they do this year.  This year we have and talk about the individual players/coords.  Last year at this time we were all talking about "the team".  Interesting, that.

I too have wondered the same. It all kind went sideways with the Harris suspension. How could some players NOT be pissed off about that. Guys who aren't cheating, trying all their careers, to make it. That has to boil over. No different then your co worker that got a promotion over you at work, for doing less. YOU to would be resentful. And wouldn't want to work as hard. And no "pro athlete blah blah, they can tune it out". We're all human. IMHO, the TEAM should have sat him an additional  game or two. That would have sent a real message to the locker room, league and the fans.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 05:28:46 AM »

Still laughing.

Glad to be of entertainment value!  I'm here all week.  Enjoy the veal.  Laugh all you want, it's better than crying at the current state of Bomber affairs.

Never go full Rider!
Blitzer

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:14 AM »

2012  Sept 2       at Saskatchewan    52 to 0    Loss 

This was a dark, dark day for the franchise.

I still remember that one. I'm glad the Bombers gave them a good thumping in Winnipeg this year.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 05:59:36 AM by Blitzer » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: