Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:14:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "There's a chance DC Hall will be ready for Game on Saturday"  (Read 2756 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »

For the record, Hall wasn't in Regina at all for this game.  They said at the beginning it was sort of being "DC'd by committee" with Young, Younger, and some guy who's name I've never heard up in the booth.

Also for the record, Bob on CJOB post-game show said Hall was gone due to an unexpected death in the family.  He also said guys ripping on Hall (i.e. "D had a great game because Hall was absent") need to show some respect.

I won't comment on this further except to say the D played astoundingly well today.  It was much like the '18 WF, where the D kept us in it almost until the end when they couldn't hold any longer.  Our D showed great heart today, kept excelling at their job even though our O kept blowing opportunities, throwing INTs, and going 2&out all night.  I don't think the D ever quit.

At least we know Hall will be proud of his guys when he comes back and sees the film.

Never go full Rider!
Horseman

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2019, 10:19:55 PM »

Condolences to the Hall family, however, saying that the D played better without Hall is not being disrespectful, just stating a fact. Sucks he had a death in the family but the D did play better without him, they were more aggressive, even Bob and Doug were saying that.
dd

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2019, 01:30:58 AM »

My condolences and sympathies to Coach Hall and family in this difficult time. The D obviously played inspired football trying to win one for their coach who?s going through a difficult time.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2019, 01:42:45 AM »

For the record, Hall wasn't in Regina at all for this game.  They said at the beginning it was sort of being "DC'd by committee" with Young, Younger, and some guy who's name I've never heard up in the booth.

Also for the record, Bob on CJOB post-game show said Hall was gone due to an unexpected death in the family.  He also said guys ripping on Hall (i.e. "D had a great game because Hall was absent") need to show some respect.

I won't comment on this further except to say the D played astoundingly well today.  It was much like the '18 WF, where the D kept us in it almost until the end when they couldn't hold any longer.  Our D showed great heart today, kept excelling at their job even though our O kept blowing opportunities, throwing INTs, and going 2&out all night.  I don't think the D ever quit.

At least we know Hall will be proud of his guys when he comes back and sees the film.

Agree fully that people need to show Hall more respect.  His absence had little to do with out turn around on D.  We made a lot of changes this week and that impacts more than anything.

Agree they were likely inspired.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »

I doubt that they suddenly overhauled the defence because Hall wasn't there. The secondary just played better than they have. 
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2019, 04:13:12 AM »

I doubt that they suddenly overhauled the defence because Hall wasn't there. The secondary just played better than they have. 

Alexander made a huge difference, sayonora R.M. Hecht.
kkc60

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »

Alexander made a huge difference, sayonora R.M. Hecht.
I've never understood why Hecht was starting besides experience. Hes a slow; undersized and old career backup. He made a couple plays vs BC then dipped.
blue girl

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019, 09:37:31 PM »

I've never understood why Hecht was starting besides experience. Hes a slow; undersized and old career backup. He made a couple plays vs BC then dipped.
I think that it was mostly a ratio decision and that Derek Jones isn't as good as they thought. The only other option was to start Jake Thomas but they needed to wait until Kongbo was ready so that they could rotate them.
camken

Go Devils!

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2019, 11:22:14 PM »

Just checked plane arrivals. Only one arrival in to Regina today and its from Esterhazy Smiley 4 seater

LOL!
Just enough room for Hall, Glenn, Brock  & Willy!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
― Dr. Seuss
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: