Blue Bombers Forum
April 09, 2020, 05:49:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "There's a chance DC Hall will be ready for Game on Saturday"  (Read 2359 times)
Norm W

« on: October 04, 2019, 12:37:24 PM »

I read somewhere that he was missing from practice, family matter perhaps? But it sounds like he may not be calling the game. I'm a little surprised this news isn't front and center on the forum given his name normally creates multiple pages of opinion(s).

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/o-shea-there-s-a-chance-dc-hall-will-be-ready-for-game-on-saturday~1793559

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:42:22 PM »

Maybe everyone acknowledges that he's human just like the rest of us....

OK, I almost made it through typing that before realizing I'm way off.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Norm W

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »

I have no issue with a guy missing a few days from work because of family matters, life trumps work every time in my book. My point is more about so little talk about the team going into arguably the most important game of the season without their "starting" DC... Anyway you want to slice it replacing your DC is big news and it will certainly will have an impact on the outcome.   

bluebeard

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »

Hall has had health problems in the past and I wonder if these have returned.  Great person but I am beginning to wonder  if  it is time  to retire.  Health is more important that football.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:11:28 PM by bluebeard » Logged
Horseman

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:27:30 PM »

I have no issue with a guy missing a few days from work because of family matters, life trumps work every time in my book. My point is more about so little talk about the team going into arguably the most important game of the season without their "starting" DC... Anyway you want to slice it replacing your DC is big news and it will certainly will have an impact on the outcome.  

Normally that would be true, but not in this case with Hall. I am expecting whoever is calling the D will have them playing much better and have closer coverage on the receivers.
Jesse

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:44:57 PM »

Normally that would be true, but not in this case with Hall. I am expecting whoever is calling the D will have them playing much better and have closer coverage on the receivers.

You need to stop repeating this crap in every thread.

My wife is amazing!
Norm W

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 04:52:28 PM »

Either way, whether one agrees or disagrees with your thought I think it falls into the category of "having an impact on the outcome".

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »

Hall has done a job good turning the ship round but there is still some weaknesses that other teams exploit in our D. I think we really need a person to look at the D and O from top to down every week to see what our weaknesses are and fix it before the next game.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »

Can't help thinking this is the beginning of the end for Richie, his absence this week is most likely health related and it doesn't bode well for his future as a DC in the league past the end of this season.  Coaching is a hard and stressful job, it's probably time for him to retire.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »

Whether Richie Hall is there or not it's we're likely to run the same base systems we've run all year. Having your DC miss a week at a crucial time is probably not a great thing, even if we've been struggling.
GCn19

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »

Unless, of course, whoever is calling the plays on Saturday is the one advocating these coverage schemes.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Freebird

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »

Jeff Hamilton tweet

The #Bombers will be without defensive co-ordinator Richie Hall for Saturday's road game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Hall has been absent all week to deal with a personal matter. The team hasn't stated a timeline for his return.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 06:47:34 PM »

Jeff Hamilton tweet

The #Bombers will be without defensive co-ordinator Richie Hall for Saturday's road game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Hall has been absent all week to deal with a personal matter. The team hasn't stated a timeline for his return.

I genuinely don't know how I feel about this.  Never been a big fan, but who ever calls the plays is clearly our 'backup'.  On a personal 'human' note: I hope all is well for him and his family. 
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »

Jeff Hamilton tweet

With all the changes to the D this week and no DC, I think they're doomed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:42:50 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »

Regardless of your opinion of Hall and his value as a Bomber DC, I would suggest that everyone remembers that he deserves respect and we all should support him during this difficult time.

This will have a big impact on the game.  Hard coming off a couple bad weeks without your leader.  Lets hope they rally and the other coaches figure it out quick. 

You need to stop repeating this crap in every thread.

agree
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:23:54 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: