Blue Bombers Forum
May 30, 2020, 11:14:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch Annual High School Mentorship Program  (Read 316 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: October 01, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch Annual High School Mentorship Program

WINNIPEG, MB., October 1, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are once again launching the club's annual high school mentorship program that sees high school football teams matched with a player for the season. 

This year, the six participating schools will receive visits from players over the course of two months. At each practice, the players will assist coaches with drills while providing guidance and advice to young players.

The participating schools are, Kildonan East, River East, Grant Park, St John's, Dakota, and Churchill.

"We're very proud of our players that have embraced this program and are supporting our community's young football players as they develop their football skills," said Winnipeg Blue Bombers President & CEO, Wade Miller.

The program is in its fifth season and this year's mentors are Rasheed Bailey, Connor Griffiths, John Rush, Sean McGuire, Jake Thomas, Brady Oliveira, and Jonathan Kongbo.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:16:20 PM »

This is awesome, what an amazing group to teach these kids.  When you are sitting on your coach thinking how much better the NFL is, perhaps remember this.  The CFL is pure Canadian gold.  It develops the community and the great group of young players coming out of High School and College.  Perhaps you might want to watch a local game rather than supporting our American friends.  Live football is x100 better than sitting on the couch all day Sunday.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
In Motion

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »

Great idea! I'm kind of at a loss as to why this country can't develop Canadian QBs
to play in the CFL. Yes, I realize we have a tenth of the population of the USA,
but are there no Russ Jacksons out there anywhere in Canada?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Jackson  (I remember him well.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 09:21:07 AM by In Motion » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: