Blue Bombers Forum
May 29, 2020, 05:20:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another lost season  (Read 1977 times)
fansince79

« on: September 28, 2019, 02:55:15 AM »

Well the jury is out on this team big time. Teams have figured out our offence and defence. It?s conceivable that we could lose out. 5-0 was a mirage. Look who we beat. Finish 3rd lose the semi in Sask and the whole coaching staff will be gassed. I?ve come to the realization that this team is never winning another Grey Cup and I?m okay with it. Don?t get me wrong I?ll be back next year for my 41st year and 36th year as a season ticket holder and I?ll get sucked in again if we get off to a good start. I guess I?m too stupid to know any better.
kkc60

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 03:00:19 AM »

Team can still pick it up. Question is: can they? Can the coaches coach and do we actually have the talent spread around. No question we have some good players but do we have enough
lenny

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 03:01:57 AM »

Let's face it. This team won it's first five games against losers. Since then they've played below .500.
In Motion

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 03:08:11 AM »

I would put Augustine in next game.
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 03:09:49 AM »

In place of who? You realize that the Ticats had progressed more into pass defending knowing we could succeed passing. So running got a bit easier.

No more excuses.
fansince79

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 03:11:11 AM »

Why? What is that going to do?
In Motion

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 03:13:45 AM »

I think he's a better blocker than Lucky who has done nothing
for us lately.
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 03:18:16 AM »

I think he's a better blocker than Lucky who has done nothing
for us lately.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. He's bigger so there is merit in that.

No more excuses.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 03:18:31 AM »

We won the first 5  because we are talented. We won the banjo bowl because we are good, we won 3 quarters against Mtrl because we have the horses to do it.
We lost 4 because there is a disconnect somewhere, not due to talent. So where is the disconnect? Brown said it, mo Legget said it Sanchez said it, Dunnigan said it, Sanchez said it.... these are guys with an immense knowledge of the game so if the this many guys in the know say it, who the hek is creating the dusconnect?
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 05:15:35 AM »

heck nah

While we are done at the moment we are not out.  This thread is premature.  50/50 shot still at winning a playoff game.  Good enough seeing we have a backup QB.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 05:43:32 AM »

You could see it in O'Shea's eyes at the end of the game against the Als.....an utter look of shock and horror  after witnessing history in the making.   It wasn't a good look!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
dd

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 05:49:48 AM »

Well the jury is out on this team big time. Teams have figured out our offence and defence. It?s conceivable that we could lose out. 5-0 was a mirage. Look who we beat. Finish 3rd lose the semi in Sask and the whole coaching staff will be gassed. I?ve come to the realization that this team is never winning another Grey Cup and I?m okay with it. Don?t get me wrong I?ll be back next year for my 41st year and 36th year as a season ticket holder and I?ll get sucked in again if we get off to a good start. I guess I?m too stupid to know any better.
I m with you on this. We lost tonight but I wasn?t even remotely upset, just thought this team blew 20 point leads to Toronto and Montreal, it doesn?t have what it takes to compete with the big boys, and we don?t.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 05:50:11 AM »

It matters not how well the season starts....it matters most how you finish.   We are currently trending downward, heading for doom.   The cream rose to the top today on the back of SL

Pigskin

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 05:51:20 AM »

2011 all over again.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 06:02:40 AM »

heading for doom, there it is LOL

Win, lose or draw the CFL is fun to watch, no doom just a team in a funk, with a backup QB, D that is defeated as of late and a fan base super hungry to success.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »

Win, lose or draw the CFL is fun to watch, no doom just a team in a funk, with a backup QB, D that is defeated as of late and a fan base super hungry to success.
An saay doooom!  🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

iso_55

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »

Coaching is holding this team back. Not the players but the coaches. There has to be a serious discussion about our 2 O & D coordinators this off season. Both shouldn't be guaranteed that they'll be back. I think our assistant coaching staff needs to be changed. Some guys have to go. O'Shea just can't accept status quo anymore.
blue_or_die

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »

There was absolutely nothing fun about watching that monstrosity last night after our first drive.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
lenny

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »

There was absolutely nothing fun about watching that monstrosity last night after our first drive.

It's called masochism. Some people (and fans) take pleasure in the pain of losing.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »

you have to admit though, they really fooled us... it looked to be a barn burner when we forced a 2 and out on Hamiltion's first series and came back with the 74 yard, dominant march down the field to score... felt like there was a chance for it to be a 'statement' type of game...  then the smoke cleared and calamity ensued...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »

It got to the point where I was laughing at how inept our team looked and how lost MOS looked.

So yeah, it was fun-ny
TBURGESS

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 01:27:47 PM »

We forced a 2 and out then got a great drive. Hamilton came back with a drive of their own and I was thinking, now we've got ourselves a football game. Unfortunately, the offence only got that 1 good drive and the defence leaked like a sieve and the game was basically over at the half. 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »

I see it somewhat differently. The Bombers are not really in a funk - they just do not have the management talent to succeed. An average HC - and OC that wanted to be considered for other HC jobs during the off season and was denied that opportunity by the Bomber Management (KW) and will head out of town just as soon as the season is over and the worse DC in the league that must know where the bodies are buried otherwise how is he still around? Then you add a top management in Walters and Miller (both with little to no experience at that level) and you have the mix for failure.

Add to that an average HC at best and you have the mix for what you are seeing today. The Bomber organization is very very luck to have the fan base they currently have and should be very thankful that the average fan in the Peg will still show up for the games.
bomb squad

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »

I'm really not sure where this team is at right now. They looked like world beaters in the Banjo Bowl 3 weeks ago. Play tough in the LDC the week before  and lost on a walk off field goal. Took one at Commonwealth the week before that. Had a scintillating first half against Montreal last week. They seemed to have made the transition from Nichols to Streveler without missing a beat. Then the bottom falls out in the last quarter. Last night they look like they simply can't compete with Hamilton. This is a team that recently lost squeakers to Calgary and Saskatchewan. Does that mean the Bombers can't compete with those teams now either? We'll find out next week. I still like to believe they have what it takes and can get it together again. But it sure is tough right now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 02:26:00 PM by bomb squad » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »

Hamilton is the best team in the league folks. Not a big surprise that they looked good against us. The Riders are no where near as good and they beat us a few weeks back.

Next week's game is huge! A Rider win and we're in free fall looking at going to Calgary or Regina for a playoff game. Neither is good for us.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
tlf

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »

Is he secretly a DC?
trapper

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »

Next week's game is huge! A Rider win and we're in free fall looking at going to Calgary or Regina for a playoff game. Neither is good for us.

Next week is most definitely huge.  I think Calgary is going to roll to first place.  The winner of that game will most likely finish #2.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »

This. First drive aside, it was a lousy game to watch as a fan of this team.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
blueraid

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »

Reading a lot of the posts I can think back to previous years and the same things we're being said over ..and over....and over again about the same concerns... but the team really doesn't change...Perpetual losers and this fan has doubts anything will change anytime soon...Tired of it
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2019, 07:29:10 PM »

MOS: Mr. July.

It's when his teams have been their best.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »

MOS: Mr. July.

It's when his teams have been their best.

Yeah he should have a sign on his Jersey that said "Best before August 1st"
TecnoGenius

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2019, 07:03:15 AM »

It's called masochism. Some people (and fans) take pleasure in the pain of losing.

Nah, that's not us.  That's the 7 OTT fans that showed up to watch their worse-than-2013-bombers team today.

you have to admit though, they really fooled us... it looked to be a barn burner when we forced a 2 and out on Hamiltion's first series and came back with the 74 yard, dominant march down the field to score... felt like there was a chance for it to be a 'statement' type of game...  then the smoke cleared and calamity ensued...

Not the smoke.  The heat arrived.  Our first drive they brought no heat.  They were just toying with us to see what our game plan was.  Immediately after that it was heat nearly every down, and our junk pass-pro OL were looking like OTT's or BC's!

Last night they look like they simply can't compete with Hamilton. This is a team that recently lost squeakers to Calgary and Saskatchewan. Does that mean the Bombers can't compete with those teams now either? We'll find out next week. I still like to believe they have what it takes and can get it together again. But it sure is tough right now.

From what I saw it simply looked like our D didn't watch HAM film.  For instance, HAM did that Banks crossing right on the LOS after all receivers draw coverage out deep, then it's Banks vs a LB and/or DBs in chase mode, and they get huge yardage.  They ran that on us 2-3 times.  They ran it on every team in the last 3 weeks.  We didn't film study this or plan against it.  One of them we had Bighill as the guy assigned to Banks!  Painful to watch.

HAM was calling a masterpiece on O.  Simply owning us with receivers wide open everywhere.  Picking on Rios.  Mismatching fast guys against LBs.  Fooling us every which way.  That's all on Hall.

I'm a Hall fan (yes, I have a paper bag on my head, it still fits over my tinfoil), but he didn't plan squat against HAM.  It was even worse than vs MTL because HAM just ran all their normal plays, and for some reason we didn't find ways to stop them!

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: