Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2020, 03:43:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & TiCats 9/27/2019  (Read 5702 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 03:20:04 AM »

I've been sitting here playing Candy Crush for the last hour and trying to come up with an answer to this question...

how can we execute so well in that first series on offense, have a very dominate 70+ yard drive for a TD and then look so lost for the rest of the game?  I get that the first series is generally a scripted series and one they work on during the week, but... if that's the case, then just script some more series, lol...

if anyone has a explanation I'd love to hear it because I just don't get it...

Nope. Scripted plays and then the other team adjusts. We go into a very predictable offense all too often.

When teams focus on taking away our run game, we generally lose.

No more excuses.
Exercise In Futility

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 03:22:23 AM »

I'm a 38 year old Bomber fan. Been following them since I was 10 years old. I lurked on this forum for over a decade. Tonight I reached my breaking point. I have no idea what to do with this franchise anymore. We might actually be better off folding the team like Ottawa just to regroup and change the ownership structure. It is frustrating beyond words that other teams can reload and excel in 1 year. We are half a decade in with this crew and going nowhere fast. I'm beyond frustrated.
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 03:27:07 AM »

I'm a 38 year old Bomber fan. Been following them since I was 10 years old. I lurked on this forum for over a decade. Tonight I reached my breaking point. I have no idea what to do with this franchise anymore. We might actually be better off folding the team like Ottawa just to regroup and change the ownership structure. It is frustrating beyond words that other teams can reload and excel in 1 year. We are half a decade in with this crew and going nowhere fast. I'm beyond frustrated.

Community team. A private team is no guarantee. The Lions are a privately owned team.

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 03:27:17 AM »

Nope. Scripted plays and then the other team adjusts. We go into a very predictable offense all too often.

When teams focus on taking away our run game, we generally lose.

which is kind of my point... why is it that we immediately go back to that unimaginative, predicable play? Harris up the middle on 1st down and short pass under the chains on 2nd down...

Lawler was hot tonight, why not more of him in the middle of the game? and then what was probably my favorite play of the night, first down, fake the hand off to Harris to takes the D out wide and we hand off to Demski who then takes it up the middle for 9 yards... wasn't the biggest play of the night but it was something unexpected and worked...

what does Lapo do? next series it's Harris up the middle on 1st down for 1 or 2 yards...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 03:32:14 AM »

which is kind of my point... why is it that we immediately go back to that unimaginative, predicable play? Harris up the middle on 1st down and short pass under the chains on 2nd down...

Lawler was hot tonight, why not more of him in the middle of the game? and then what was probably my favorite play of the night, first down, fake the hand off to Harris to takes the D out wide and we hand off to Demski who then takes it up the middle for 9 yards... wasn't the biggest play of the night but it was something unexpected and worked...

what does Lapo do? next series it's Harris up the middle on 1st down for 1 or 2 yards...

Lawler started getting more yardage when the Ticats gave more cushion ala prevent defense. However, their version of prevent is not giving receivers a 15 yard cushion and not missing tackles.

I think I mentioned that IMO the play calling was a very safe passing attack. While that might have been fine if our running game was more successful. Once it wasn't successful we needed to try longer passes and we didn't until the game was lost.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:35:51 AM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
In Motion

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 03:32:26 AM »

Welcome newbie! I feel your pain! I'm an almost 64-yr old fan, and so I at least have memories of some
fantastic teams in the 1960s and 1980s. My nephews, well into their 20's, have never witnessed the Bombers
win a Grey Cup. It's very sad. I was so happy they finally got to enjoy a championship when
the Raptors won this year.

I thought this season was our window of opportunity, but now I doubt it.
lenny

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 03:33:47 AM »

Love your handle! Tongue
66 Chevelle

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 03:43:35 AM »

Welcome newbie! I feel your pain! I'm an almost 64-yr old fan, and so I at least have memories of some
fantastic teams in the 1960s and 1980s. My nephews, well into their 20's, have never witnessed the Bombers
win a Grey Cup. It's very sad. I was so happy they finally got to enjoy a championship when
the Raptors won this year.

I thought this season was our window of opportunity, but now I doubt it.

it's still not too late... as long as we win the last game we play this year all is good...  and honestly, we have good enough players to do it, when they, players and coaches, decide to show up and actually play...

blue girl

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 03:46:27 AM »

IMO the problem tonight was that Hamilton wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield but we seem to be. Teams know that if they take away the running game and short passes they shut our offence down and our secondary sucks.
Pigskin

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 03:49:48 AM »

Well the front 7 sucked tonight also, because they had little to no pressure.
swansong

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 03:50:07 AM »

the TiCats convert a 2nd and 19

I swear before that play got off I said to myself..."watch this"...

Granted they didn't convert in the way I thought they would but I wasn't surprised in the least.

but on 2nd and 27 we're throwing a 6 yard pass to Harris when we're down 3 scores

I shook my head so hard at that I'm sure I heard something rattle.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:53:28 AM by swansong » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 03:53:31 AM »

Granted they didn't convert in the way I thought they would but I wasn't surprised in the least.

I know, right? lol... not a single conversion surprised me tonight...

I will say though, that off sides by Hamilton was SOOOOOOO bad... and I could not believe that there wasn't a flag...  I tried to screen capture it but failed miserably, lol...

lenny

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 03:55:23 AM »

IMO the problem tonight was that Hamilton wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield but we seem to be. Teams know that if they take away the running game and short passes they shut our offence down and our secondary sucks.

They weren't afraid because Evans had an eternity to throw. Bombers only 1 sack and 5 for the Ti-Cats. No pressure and the secondary stunk like hot garbage. And really, even with Nichols Lapo had him game managing not a lot of deep down field chucking.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2019, 03:55:59 AM »

I shook my head so hard at that I'm sure I heard something rattle.

at times it was really laughable... it was either laugh or cry and I'm way too old to cry... lol...  and that rattle noise you heard? that was probably the marble in my head that you heard from me shaking my head so hard...

swansong

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2019, 03:56:27 AM »

One of us. One of us. One of us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: