Blue Bombers Forum
October 01, 2020, 10:45:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & TiCats 9/27/2019  (Read 5248 times)
blue girl

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 03:56:34 AM »

Actually after the first series by both the whole team played bad. IMO this team is getting worse not better. And I'm talking about both the offence and defence.
Pigskin

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 03:57:46 AM »

How about Woli82 and Law89, both of them made some great catches.
swansong

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 03:59:31 AM »

It sure seemed after the Cats immediately responded with their 1st TD the wind completely came out of the sails of the whole team.
Pigskin

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 04:02:55 AM »

Yes, and Hecht and Sayles had words after that first long pass.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03:47 AM »

Actually after the first series by both the whole team played bad. IMO this team is getting worse not better. And I'm talking about both the offence and defence.

agreed...

but based on what you witnessed tonight, would you be surprised to see that at the end of it all that:

1. total yards at the end, 415 to 402...
2. time of possession, 27:11 Hamilton, 32:49 Winnipeg...
3. we held Hamilton to only 70 yards in the 2nd half...
4. Streveler threw for over 300 yards, first time this year for the Bombers...
5. Lawler some how during the game had 144 yards receiving...

just watching the game I would have bet that items 1 thru 4 were lies... true story...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
swansong

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2019, 04:04:44 AM »

I know, right? lol... not a single conversion surprised me tonight...

I will say though, that off sides by Hamilton was SOOOOOOO bad... and I could not believe that there wasn't a flag...  I tried to screen capture it but failed miserably, lol...

I didn't notice it and I can't go back and watch it because I've already deleted it. I didn't want it soiling up the other stuff on my PVR.

that rattle noise you heard? that was probably the marble in my head that you heard from me shaking my head so hard...

I've checked around on the floor in case it fell out and is something that I need to...you know...live, or something and I haven't seen it. So either it's still in there or it was you. You might wanna have a peek around.
tlf

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2019, 04:05:17 AM »

IMO the problem tonight was that Hamilton wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield but we seem to be. Teams know that if they take away the running game and short passes they shut our offence down and our secondary sucks.

We did try and throw long once.  It was intercepted.  Strev can?t throw long accurately.  Why can ppl not see this?
swansong

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2019, 04:07:30 AM »

We did try and throw long once.  It was intercepted.  Strev can?t throw long accurately.  Why can ppl not see this?

He's struggled a bit with them, yes. But the problem with that INT was that when you throw a deep jump ball it helps if your receiver, you know...jumps. Adams seemed uninterested tonight.

But I think we've gotten the message. You don't like Strev. Check.
Pigskin

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2019, 04:13:11 AM »

Adams didn't have his best game tonight.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »

the whole team chickened out. scared to get injured.
theaardvark

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »

So, last week, we dominated the first half, got overconfident and got beat.

This week, it took one series to get overconfident...

Adams did not seem uninterested to me, he seemed fired up, was constantly getting held back by teammates...  but you can't catch badly thrown balls, and Streveler was having some issues with his timing and velocity...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
swansong

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 04:18:53 AM »

So, last week, we dominated the first half, got overconfident and got beat.

This week, it took one series to get overconfident...

Adams did not seem uninterested to me, he seemed fired up, was constantly getting held back by teammates...  but you can't catch badly thrown balls, and Streveler was having some issues with his timing and velocity...

Well if you're disagreeing with me I must be right Wink

He didn't even make the slightest effort on that INT. None. Not like he isn't tall enough to at least tip it away but he didn't even try.
swansong

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2019, 04:21:43 AM »

Yes, and Hecht and Sayles had words after that first long pass.

Like, "Whaa?", "Dohh", "Duhh", "Ughh" and other 4 letter words?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2019, 04:21:52 AM »

I think Adams share a bit of blame on that INT... it looked to me like he slowed up, twice actually, and then tried to make up the ground but couldn't... not knocking Adams, I just think he really wasn't expecting the ball to be thrown to him...

but Lawler had catches of 19, 21, and 24 yards, plus the 24 yard catch that was called back for holding...

and then there was the 24 yard pass to Adams that was defended but one that maybe Darvin could have come up with... same with Whitehead, a 33 yard pass to him where he had both hands on the ball and had it knocked away...

but at the end of the day it is what it is... Streveler may not be the most accurate but receivers to hold up there end when possible as well... kind of the same way it was for Nichols, these guys are going to throw and guys will need to adjust and make the play... Evans is not the most accurate passer either but you saw his receivers make the adjustment and come up with it...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2019, 04:26:58 AM »

I wouldn't necessarily say that Adams wasn't interested, but I think he's a bit out of his element in the way he is being used right now... definitely seeing him being asked to run a lot of 'non traditional' routes for him and it just doesn't look like it comes as natural for him... Darvin is used to basically running rail and now he seems to be running a lot of short and intermediate routes that doesn't allow him to use his speed... well, except for that one that was intercepted and he didn't seem to know that he was actually involved in that play, lol...  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: