Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2020, 03:55:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GDT Als at Leos  (Read 1958 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 04:13:20 AM »

It was a foolish decision for sure. I took it as that is what you meant.

fair comment

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 04:14:13 AM »

What will he say in his post game  . We beat ourselves. Moved the ball all the way down the field after a penalty gave them a first down only to choke on a 3rd and one with pipkin.  They were saying stanback is the best running back but they don't trust him to get a yard
sneak was right play call for the situation but you take the 3, 99.9% of the time there

I wouldn't have changed the QB though

bomb squad

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 04:22:12 AM »

I get his thought process, but even factoring out the fumbled snap, it was a full yard to pick up and that is not automatic. It was in Pipkins and/or the snappers heads that they had to get a full yard and that took just enough focus off executing the snap.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 04:35:06 AM »

I get his thought process, but even factoring out the fumbled snap, it was a full yard to pick up and that is not automatic. It was in Pipkins and/or the snappers heads that they had to get a full yard and that took just enough focus off executing the snap.

would be interesting to know the long term % for a one yard sneak in the CFL

BlueInCgy

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 04:40:13 AM »

Thanks Khari, you were the right call away from me going 4 for 4 this week.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 11:29:47 AM »

His D was playing good.  good call maybe to gamble but odds are take the 3, BC probably takes the ball at their own 35 with 1;00.  leave it up to a field goal. Even if they scored there was still a minute to go. I would take the 3 and the lead, put pressure on BC defense. I think if Ottawa or Toronto were doing  better he wouldn't take chances like that, next they play Calgary.
trapper

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »

That play call was something I have come to suspect from Maas.  It surprised me that Khari made that.

You go for the points.
Blue In BC

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 01:58:12 PM »

The Als rushed for nearly 250 yards last night. Kicking a FG is the norm but their rushing prowess against the Lions factored into the call. Going up by a point with a minute left is no guarantee either.

We've also seen FG's blocked in the last couple of weeks to preserve the win for teams. In fact the Lions FG was blocked on the previous series although it was a longer kick which resulted in lower trajectory.

Either way somewhat of a gamble. If you can't score from the 1 yard line you probably don't deserve the win.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 02:33:01 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 02:05:56 PM »

If the snap hadn't been bobbled they likely score even with Pipkin subbed in.   I mean teams practice this play.   How many times has Streveler scored from there?   Unfortunately $#it happens.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »

I think Khari s decision to go for it was stupid. And to have Pipkin in their as well?Huh Seriously dumb rookie coach decision. Kick the 3 points to win it with 1 minute to go.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »

I think Khari s decision to go for it was stupid. And to have Pipkin in their as well?Huh Seriously dumb rookie coach decision. Kick the 3 points to win it with 1 minute to go.
couple bad decisions there, reminds me of MOS his 1st few seasons.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/29/jones-defends-goal-line-decision-id-call/

TBURGESS

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »

It was bad execution, not a bad decision.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »

Another thing to consider: The Als have a firm lock on 2nd place in the east. A win was important but winning " bigger " by scoring a TD might have been seen as good for the psyche of the team and fans.

It things went wrong as they did, the loss didn't hurt them as much if the standings were at risk per se. As mentioned the Als went from their 39 yard line to the BC 1 in 43 seconds. It they had gone for the FG the Lions had 1:10 to go from their 35 yard line to the Als 40 for a decent FG attempt. Lots of time to trade FG's and still lose.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »

Khari was watching all the games WPG has lost this year by giving up FGs or TDs with 1:00 on the clock.  Do you want to give MR 1:00 to march from the 35 just into FG range?  How many times has MR burned WPG doing that in the last 5 years?

MTL needed under 1 yard.  Good teams get over 95% on that play.  Great ST teams like WPG and any MR team get that closer to 100%.  You need to be able to make 1 yard.  You trust your Big Team to get it done.  We would trust our Big Chris team to get it done.

With all of the big comebacks WPG has given up lately, I think MOS would have gone for it in that situation.  And rightly so, as our D couldn't stop a team from getting a FG if their life depended on it lately.  In fact, MOS says you have to be able to get 1 yard, so I think MOS would go for it no matter how well our D has been playing.

I fully agree with Khari and you go for that play.  You keep the ball, you control your destiny.  You don't rely on the fact the other QB can't make big yards against you in 1 minute.  That's scaredy-cat ball.  Hold the ball, make your Big Chris play, and then 1 or 2 more to punch it into the EZ.  Khari did the right thing.  The C and Pipkin let them down.

Oh ya, nice to see Clown Carter almost lose the game for BC.  Hervey going to grow a brain and fire The Clown yet?

All you pickems people picking BC sure were sweating there at the end!  Lucky break you guys/gals!

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: