Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 07:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & Alouettes 9/21/2019  (Read 2512 times)
66 Chevelle

« on: September 21, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »

with today's win the Bombers have locked up a playoff spot, now it's just a matter of who and where...
  Well, that's no longer true, lol...

the first half... what can you say... every Bomber drive ended with a score... unfortunately one of them was by the Alouettes, and Chris Matthews no less, lol...  but up until the pic everything was going great for the Bomber offense...

the first half was all Streveler and Harris... and what a thing of beauty it was!

half time score 34-17 Bombers!   Bombers out distance the Alouettes in total yards 315 to 162...  held the ball for 17:45 compared to Montreal's 12:15...  if not for the one miscue on the last series it was a pretty dominant performance by our Bombers...

Streveler looked a lot more comfortable in the offense this week... the line was creating gaps for running and providing protection for Streveler to throw... speaking of which, Streveler went 10/12, 81.8%, for 162 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT... then he added 82 yards on 8 carries and 3 more TDs...

the 38 yard TD run by Streveler was a thing of beauty... untouched the entire way... but, gotta give a shout out to both Darvin Adams and Lucky Whitehead for the blocks... Darvins was key but Lucky was down on the goal line blocking away to make sure he got in, lol... it was almost as pretty as the Darvin's pass to Harris, which should have been a TD in my opinion... Darvin got skill, lol...

what Streveler did today is the thing that Nichols isn't capable of doing... not a knock against Nichols, just is what it is... but it sure makes our offense unpredictable... another thing that you like to see, no punts by our Bomber's in the first half... no 2 and outs either... the only miscue was the INT by Streveler, but that's can somewhat be expected...

defense chipped in with 2 forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 3 knockdowns, and a scoop and score!

a couple of other disappointments though, one was the extra point miss by Medlock, ending his streak at 104 in a row... the other was a terribly missed call by the officials in our second series... Harris was hammered to the head, helmet to helmet by the Alouettes and no flag... it wasn't even close, I have no clue how that wasn't called...

315 total yards in the first half though... that's more than we had in some games in total earlier this year...  plus, we held the Alouettes and Mr. Stanback to 12 yards rushing in the first half... pretty sweet!

started the second half right where we left off, defense held and the Bombers drove down the field for a field goal making it a 20 pt lead... 37-17... if wasn't a gimme though, Medlock ricocheted the thing off the top of the upright... not really sure how it made it through with that angle but he did, lol...

I'll be back after the game is over with the numbers but I feel confident this one is in hand... 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:01:49 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »

OH. MY. GOD.

Bombers9256

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »

Well I?m officially taking a hiatus. Buh bye. This has happened way too many times to this team. I can?t take it.

#fortheW
66 Chevelle

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 10:07:02 PM »

you think it couldn't get any worse than the Toronto loss earlier this year, but it did... it actually happened...

for everything good and right in the first half we got everything inept and absolutely horrible in the second half...

it's actually hard to believe that really happened...  we go to the prevent offense and prevent defense... actually, no defense... and well, no offense either... completely pathetic...

that missed field goal looms about right now... but it's hard to blame this on Medlock... afterall it was a 50+ yard attempt...

tackling was completely a second thought in the second half, as well as covering receivers... the rush... running past Adams... arm tackling...

and the offense... ugh... 

I can't even bring myself to go look at the final numbers...

DM83

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 10:15:13 PM »

This coaching staff is a joke.
Winnipeg. Blue bumblers.

I think Ritchie  Hall is a very nice man
I think Paul Lapolice is a very nice man

I guess the coaches left early for the St. Catherine's Street.
I wish them all well for next year.

Was this embarassing or what.
Congratulations to Khari and your soon to be new long term contract

What a ******* joke
Observer

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 10:38:49 PM »

.. but it's hard to blame this on Medlock.
Didn't Medlock miss an extra point conversion too.?
tlf

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 10:46:58 PM »

Yes. But it?s a team game.  Our backup QB who?s currently in can?t pass.  His stats say so.  1 passing Td. One. He?s a great backup. 

Our D allowed 488 yards against mtl.   So many reasons we lost. 
blue girl

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »

This has to be the all time biggest collapse. It took them 3 quarters but Montreal finally figured out how to stop the Bomber run game. But the play that I can't forgive is whoever let Quan Bray get in behind them. Sad to say that this game might ultimately cost them first place and that is what they deserve.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »

Yes....he wasn't Money Medlock today....more like have you got change for a dime!   Bad time to not be his usual stellar self but hey there were quite a few missed plays and mistakes to pass around.   What a waste of a stellar performance by Harris....with nearly 200 combined yards and our leading receiver once again!   That was the biggest comeback ever by an Als team in their entire history and I'm not sure how the Bombers get over this loss!?  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:50:37 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »

This has to be the all time biggest collapse. It took them 3 quarters but Montreal finally figured out how to stop the Bomber run game. But the play that I can't forgive is whoever let Quan Bray get in behind them. Sad to say that this game might ultimately cost them first place and that is what they deserve.

I never saw the Bombers as a first place team however I do believe they will make the playoffs and of course will be one and done. As long as Richie Hall is calling the defense you can expect what you saw today. Always been that way - always will be until they tie a can on him and ship him out.
blue girl

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 11:16:41 PM »

I never saw the Bombers as a first place team however I do believe they will make the playoffs and of course will be one and done. As long as Richie Hall is calling the defense you can expect what you saw today. Always been that way - always will be until they tie a can on him and ship him out.
They'll make the playoffs because Ottawa, Toronto and BC are that bad. This team will go nowhere until they get a killer instinct.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »

Just saw a video on Twitter... Adams rips off Bighill?s helmet and then swings it at him hitting Biggie in the face. How was this not an ejection?
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2019, 11:32:33 PM »

Id Fire Hall tonight.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
swansong

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »

Our backup QB who?s currently in can?t pass.  His stats say so.  1 passing Td. One. He?s a great backup.

Yeah...Streveler was the problem today.

smfh
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 12:00:44 AM »

The blame for this loss goes to the following:
1.  D can't stop em 2nd half
2.  O can't score 2nd half
3.  Medlock misses
4.  Coaching blunders
5.  Little to no adjustments 2nd half
This coaching staff is a joke.
Winnipeg. Blue bumblers.

I think Ritchie  Hall is a very nice man
I think Paul Lapolice is a very nice man

I guess the coaches left early for the St. Catherine's Street.
I wish them all well for next year.

Was this embarassing or what.
Congratulations to Khari and your soon to be new long term contract

What a ******* joke

Have some respect.  Lapo is a top coach, Hall shows anywhere from poor to excellent

Agree they left early alright.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BBRT

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 12:01:36 AM »

Id Fire Hall tonight.

You have my support - I will buy his ticket out of town to where he wants to go. Never ever going to get anywhere with him as our DC.
BBRT

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 12:03:26 AM »

The blame for this loss goes to the following:
1.  D can't stop em 2nd half
2.  O can't score 2nd half
3.  Medlock misses
4.  Coaching blunders
5.  Little to no adjustments 2nd half
Have some respect.  Lapo is a top coach, Hall shows anywhere from poor to excellent

Agree they left early alright.

Correction! Lapo is an OK OC - Hall shows anywhere from minus zero to zero. And that is giving Hall more credit that I should.
dd

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 12:11:38 AM »

Just saw a video on Twitter... Adams rips off Bighill?s helmet and then swings it at him hitting Biggie in the face. How was this not an ejection?
It totally is and he should have been tossed but the refs didn?t have the nads to throw the primadona out. Where was command centre?? Isn?t this a player safety issue?!? Total joke . 
pjrocksmb

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »

Correction! Lapo is an OK OC - Hall shows anywhere from minus zero to zero. And that is giving Hall more credit that I should.

I respect your opinion on Lapo but have some respect for Hall that has earned his right to coach in this league and likely will for a very long time.  Geeeez.

It totally is and he should have been tossed but the refs didn?t have the nads to throw the primadona out. Where was command centre?? Isn?t this a player safety issue?!? Total joke . 
Would have been worth it for Biggie to pound him and the league isn't doing anything anyway.  Agree, either an extra penalty or fine at least.

blue girl

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 01:09:11 AM »

Hall will get my respect when this defence stops giving up last minute drives to inferior offences. This is NOT a championship defence even though I believe that they have the players to be.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 01:13:21 AM »

Hall will get my respect when this defence stops giving up last minute drives to inferior offences. This is NOT a championship defence even though I believe that they have the players to be.

Their offense is pretty good.  Give them some respect.  Our O is better overall than their with Nichols but about the same with Strev.

Tiger

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 01:21:44 AM »

What happened?  Missed game in USA.  Ugh

Back to beer and game.  Go Dawgs

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
blue girl

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 01:29:09 AM »

Their offense is pretty good.  Give them some respect.  Our O is better overall than their with Nichols but about the same with Strev.
The problem with the offence is that they get a big lead and go conservative. And this was happening when Nichols was in there so it's not all on the QB.
kkc60

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 01:30:17 AM »

Our offense put up 37 points. Not their fault
blue girl

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2019, 01:34:47 AM »

Our offense put up 37 points. Not their fault
Well technically the offence put up 31 points. One TD was on the pick six where Medlock missed the convert. But you're right that should be enough points to win a game.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2019, 04:17:38 AM »

You're the worst.

well, lol....   bless your heart...

TecnoGenius

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:00 AM »

Well I?m officially taking a hiatus. Buh bye. This has happened way too many times to this team. I can?t take it.

Bye!

I haven't seen any other angle than the one (one!) shown on TSN.  I bet they'll be playing more angles next week after VA gets a fine and does his apology tour.

Here's the thing that really bugs me: it's Biggie.  The dude doesn't play dirty or overly hard; he just does his business.  VA pulled a DC and just decided to pick on the guy closest to him.  D-bag move by VA.

It bugs me more because Biggie has enough problems with his face as it is.  The dude was born with major facial deformities (cleft lip and pallette) and had to have many, many surgeries on his face.  To take swings at Biggie, of all players, after you rip off his helmet, is about as low as it goes.  What if you bust open his reconstructed nose or top lip?  You want to send Biggie back to the surgeons for more major surgery?

It's like if a bully at school is beating up on the kid in the wheelchair.  It's lower than low.  This is going to taint my view of VA from this moment onwards, no matter what sort of apology he offers.

If I see any more angles that show the hits on Biggie are worse than what TSN showed, then I'll start advocating for a suspension for VA.  That type of crap can't be tolerated.  I can't even remember the last time I saw something that pointless.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »

PJ knows.  BBRT... how quickly you forget the 1st half.

WPG got 4 TDs on their first 4 series.  Something that has never been done in the CFL before, ever.

That is Lapo.  It was masterful.  Never forget what Lapo and our O did that first half.  That's not fair to the guys and all of their planning and effort.  Sure, they blew it in the 2nd half, and that is on Lapo and MOS.  But it's as much credit to MTL's D and fiery O.

The problem with the offence is that they get a big lead and go conservative. And this was happening when Nichols was in there so it's not all on the QB.

You beat me to it blue girl!  Everyone who was bashing Nichols for blowing it late in the TOR game by not getting 1st downs, needs to likewise Strev for doing exactly the same thing today.  Either that, or admit you were wrong and apologize to Nichols as it dawns on you it's not (all) the QB, it's (mostly) the OC/HC playcalling.  And to the Strev>Nichols crowd: how well did Strev's legs help us at the end there?

It seems clear to me that if we want to start winning these games, we need to find ways to get the production on our last (1 to 2) series that we seem to so easily achieve at the start of games.  OC's script their first few drives.  Why don't we script some game-closing drives?  Why don't we coach into our O that these drives are more critical than the opening ones?  Why don't we give them some confidence we'll get it done next time?

For these late comebacks, our O has been on the bench for 1+ quarters, and should be fresh, and should have been strategizing.  There's no excuse.  Where's the leadership?

Just like the TOR game: just 1 or 2 more 1st downs and we win the game.  Why are we even putting the ball back in the opponent's hands when they have taken over the game and captured all the momentum and our D is gassed and everyone knows they'll march the field?  Hell, you can't get a worse result if you go 3 down football!

well, lol....   bless your heart...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  perfect   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
1chad

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2019, 12:40:20 PM »

The late interception  in the 1st half turned into 7 points.  Gave the Als hope and started their turn around. Epic collapse in the second half for the BB.  Just no words.
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2019, 01:38:56 PM »

PJ knows.  BBRT... how quickly you forget the 1st half.

WPG got 4 TDs on their first 4 series.  Something that has never been done in the CFL before, ever.

That is Lapo.  It was masterful.  Never forget what Lapo and our O did that first half.  That's not fair to the guys and all of their planning and effort.  Sure, they blew it in the 2nd half, and that is on Lapo and MOS.  But it's as much credit to MTL's D and fiery O.

You beat me to it blue girl!  Everyone who was bashing Nichols for blowing it late in the TOR game by not getting 1st downs, needs to likewise Strev for doing exactly the same thing today.  Either that, or admit you were wrong and apologize to Nichols as it dawns on you it's not (all) the QB, it's (mostly) the OC/HC playcalling.  And to the Strev>Nichols crowd: how well did Strev's legs help us at the end there?

It seems clear to me that if we want to start winning these games, we need to find ways to get the production on our last (1 to 2) series that we seem to so easily achieve at the start of games.  OC's script their first few drives.  Why don't we script some game-closing drives?  Why don't we coach into our O that these drives are more critical than the opening ones?  Why don't we give them some confidence we'll get it done next time?

For these late comebacks, our O has been on the bench for 1+ quarters, and should be fresh, and should have been strategizing.  There's no excuse.  Where's the leadership?

Just like the TOR game: just 1 or 2 more 1st downs and we win the game.  Why are we even putting the ball back in the opponent's hands when they have taken over the game and captured all the momentum and our D is gassed and everyone knows they'll march the field?  Hell, you can't get a worse result if you go 3 down football!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  perfect   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

4 TD's on their 1st 4 series and the 1st team to lose after having done that. That's also on Lapo to a degree but O'Shea is the HC and he needs to recognize what needs to change in strategy as well.

No more excuses.
barbk

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »

My observations of this display of the Bombers were they don't have that killer instinct and looking at the coaches, I saw Khari near the end dancing on the sidelines like Rocky (having faith on his defence and believing in his players)  

I also observed Reid JR  and VA jr rallying his team mates, encouraging them all during the game.    I also noticed Jefferson give up on a play and VA jr was throwing a winning TD in the end zone.

Why did MOS make them re-punt on that call?  and why didn't MOS take a timeout to stop the momentum?  

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »

The pain.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »

My observations of this display of the Bombers were they don't have that killer instinct and looking at the coaches, I saw Khari near the end dancing on the sidelines like Rocky (having faith on his defence and believing in his players)  

I also observed Reid JR  and VA jr rallying his team mates, encouraging them all during the game.    I also noticed Jefferson give up on a play and VA jr was throwing a winning TD in the end zone.

Why did MOS make them re-punt on that call?  and why didn't MOS take a timeout to stop the momentum?  

So many questions regarding coaching decisions.....that being said MOS is no Don Matthews!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
BBRT

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 02:03:29 PM »

So many questions regarding coaching decisions.....that being said MOS is no Don Matthews!

Got to agree there. MOS would grade out to an average HC. PLOP would grade out to an average OC (and will be gone in 2020). Richie Hall would grade out to an F- as an DC and unfortunately unless Wade Miller tells MOS to can his butt will be here in 2020. Ugh!
kkc60

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »

Imo our best defensive coach might be KW.

He gave Hall Bighill, Jefferson and Rose. Reigning DPOY, candidate for DPOY and INT leader
In Motion

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2019, 04:16:14 AM »

O\Shea asked for a re-punt on that penalty to kill some more clock.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: