Blue Bombers Forum
October 16, 2019, 12:36:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest Surprises  (Read 1621 times)
bwiser

« on: September 15, 2019, 10:55:34 PM »

What do you think is the biggest surprise this season in the CFL and what is the biggest surprise for the Bombers
I think the play of the BC Lions has to be the biggest surprise in the CFL.I thought with the addition of Reilley as well as a few others in free agency the Lions would be fighting for first instead of one of the worst teams in the league.
The Bombers biggest surprise is how ineffective Chris Matthews was.I thought he would be a huge impact player for the Bombers not released halfway through the season.I think another big surprise for the Bombers has been the play of the O line. Losing Goosen and Chungh has not been a problem at all.
GCn19

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »

Biggest surprise to me is the Riders being above .500

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Jesse

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »

- I went to some practices during training camp and I thought Chris Matthews was going to be huge for us

- Andrew Harris' suspension was shocking.

- Riders under Fajardo are an unexpected nuisance

- Ti-Cats without Masoli are unexpectedly strong

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:31:47 PM »

Surprises in a good way

Many back up QBs showing awesome. Will make for. Very interesting off season FA.

In a bad way

Harris suspension
So many QB injuries

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 12:01:44 AM »

My major disappointments so far are:  Matthews being cut after such a good looking training camp and the 2 game suspension of AH just before the LDC.   The loss to the Riders at the LDC after Streveler's last TD and the hopeless feeling after a walk off the field game winning FG.   I was also bitterly disappointed that the Riders were awarded a W in Montreal because of bad weather.   

My big surprises were the stellar play of Augustine and Streveler and the huge rebound game the Bombers played at the Banjo Bowl.   I too was surprised with BC's abysmal season after all the hype around their FA signings.   Another surprise was the Bomber overall depth after sustaining so many injuries to key players.  With a few breaks here and there we could be 11-1 yet we still lead the league with 6 games remaining.  Another surprise was BLM who now has a record of 69-15-2 and his last two wins against their Arch Rival Esks.  He is still by far THE best QB in the CFL and with two Cup rings....he's a winner and I still say the road to the Grey Cup is through BLM and the Stamps!

With 6 games remaining I'm hoping the pleasant surprises outweigh any disappointments!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:15:54 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
3rdand1.5

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »

Biggest surprise is how well most of the back-up qb?s are playing

Biggest Bomber surprise would be AH suspension
blue girl

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:00:12 AM »

The biggest surprise for me is BCs record. Also the play of Montreal.

For the Bombers the biggest surprise has to be the play of the back-ups.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 01:04:39 AM »

Biggest surprise for me is the consistently outstanding play of Willie Jefferson.  No doubt he performed well with the Riders but it seems he has stepped up a notch or two with the Bombers.  Did not expect him to be MODP material but he is.

Andrew Harris performing at an all-star level at this stage of his career is mildly surprising and I did not expect we would come up with a Janarion Grant-type of returner with the success he is having.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BlueInCgy

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 01:07:45 AM »

Khari being able to turn things around in Montreal is probably the biggest
BC being as bad as they are
The success of back up quarterbacks this year
Edmonton?s struggle to score TDs
J5V

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 01:27:31 AM »

Biggest disappointment for me was blowing a 20 point lead in losing to Toronto. I still don't know how that happened.

Biggest positive for me has been our depth and how we keep winning in spite of our best players not playing.

Go Bombers!
dd

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 02:00:32 AM »

BC being as bad as they are is a surprise.  The number of #1 QBs getting injured is a surprise
VictorRomano

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 02:35:02 AM »

Hansen.  Guy is legit.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 03:32:26 AM »

Don't need to start a new thread on the following but nonetheless another surprise and impressive statistic belonging to Milt Stegall:

Milt Stegall
@MiltStegallTSN
Johnny P always coming through with the stats. #PaperPlates
Quote Tweet
Jon Perlberg
@jonperlberg
 ? 3h
For the record, @MiltStegallTSN had 39 receiving TDs of 50+ yards #CFL

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 07:13:45 AM »

"BC as bad as they are" as a surprise seems popular.  But a huge chunk of people saw it coming...

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=51532.0

Pre Season Predictions... some pegged BC as worst in the West!
3rdand1.5
Colton
SSC
bluebeard
1chad

People who picked BC as 2nd worst in the West, only behind SSK:
Horseman
Goldmember
MOAB
Tecno
blue_or_die
booch
heart of gold

Funny, when people picked BC as 2nd worst, the worst was always SSK.  I guess many (me included) got blinded by our green-filtering glasses.  Or maybe not, as Zach probably would have SSK in the dumpster right about now.  SSK did luck out with Fajardo not being as horrifically awful as he was as a BC & TOR backup.

Personally, my big surprise is that SSK's D post-Jones is pretty much the same as SSK D with Jones.  Some presser said that the DC stayed the same and was basically keeping everything the same as Jones had it.  So I guess that explains it.  I thought it would be a "complete rebuild" year in SSK, but they kept it pretty consistent.

The biggest WPG surprise for me is we got a great return game this year.  Lucky is super, and then Grant comes along, and we also have Nelson at depth.  We may have the most-feared return game in the league this year, which is truly shocking.  I'm a big proponent of the theory that KW+Mafia are methodically making our team better each year, but I think the return game has just been a big lucky surprise / bonus / gravy.  I'll take it!
TBURGESS

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 02:25:27 PM »

BC being as bad as they are.

Montreal being as good as they are.

Number of starting QB's who have been injured.

Number of backup QB's who have looked good.

Not missing a beat on OL after losing Chungh and Goosen.

Ottawa looking good early on.

Harris getting caught juicing.

Matthews poor play.

Being able to beat down the Riders without Harris, Nichols, Demski etc.

Being right never gets old.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: