Blue Bombers Forum
April 02, 2020, 03:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 17985 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #615 on: March 01, 2020, 07:21:31 PM »

PP really let us down last night. I thought other then that we played a pretty good game. It also sounds like a number of players are close to coming back.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #616 on: March 01, 2020, 07:31:23 PM »

PP really let us down last night. I thought other then that we played a pretty good game. It also sounds like a number of players are close to coming back.

Special teams across the board has been a letdown for most the season.

If the Jets do hope to make a push for a post-season berth, getting back key players is going to be huge for that. Should be an interesting home stretch!

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2020, 08:10:24 PM »

Felt it was a very gooooooood effort last night & the Jets deserved a better fate.
That being said ...... most definitely the PP has to score & the PK has to defend flawlessly ........ fantasy over ...... Jets lose.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
blue_or_die

« Reply #618 on: March 02, 2020, 02:11:40 PM »

You usually don't need to look at the score to see who won when the shots are 41-22. The Jets played very well but not better than Mike Smith.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jockitch

« Reply #619 on: March 06, 2020, 06:19:16 PM »

Perrault is back in the lineup & Bourque takes a seat in the press box .......... Bourque hustled & banged a lot but offered little to no offense.
The 4th line may get a few more chances with Shore, Appleton with Perrault.  Do hope Harkins keeps looking good & doesn't give PM a chance to move Perr up.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
blue_or_die

« Reply #620 on: March 06, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »

Just noticed that there were no comments on the Sabres game. I guess zero Bomber news lately has driven away traffic. Fair enough.

Anyway, great effort. My opinion of this team goes from day to night each game depending on a win or loss. With the amount of inconsistency we've dealt with all year, if we suffer a loss it feels like the sky is falling, and if we win my mind irrationally goes to squeaking in the playoffs and then going on a tear like Carolina or Colorado last year.

...So I'm planning the parade!

In all seriousness, a convincing win over Vegas tonight would be a very good sign and reason for optimism in the last month of regular season hockey...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #621 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:21 PM »

Just noticed that there were no comments on the Sabres game. I guess zero Bomber news lately has driven away traffic. Fair enough.

Anyway, great effort. My opinion of this team goes from day to night each game depending on a win or loss. With the amount of inconsistency we've dealt with all year, if we suffer a loss it feels like the sky is falling, and if we win my mind irrationally goes to squeaking in the playoffs and then going on a tear like Carolina or Colorado last year.

...So I'm planning the parade!

In all seriousness, a convincing win over Vegas tonight would be a very good sign and reason for optimism in the last month of regular season hockey...

I agree.

From the beginning of the year we lost our D.

We have had a ton of injured players. So much of the year has been plug n play.

Many blame Chevy for not going to get a top 4 dman.

Yet we remain in a playoff race.

We wont win The Cup.  But what The Jets have shown is what we have drafted has kept the team competitive. We are up n down because the plug n play of players. We run the same systems with the Moose and that helps our guys when they come up.

We have seen some good young prospects ...  Many.  Our trading a few for one will not make a difference in where we are now. We are better off keeping this system and developing the kids. As these kids have kept us in this.   

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Jockitch

« Reply #622 on: March 07, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »

Felt the hockey Gods were wearing a Jet jersey last night ....... if a couple of the iron hits by Vegas & great position saves by HellB had gone in ......
this may have been 5 - 5 going into the final minutes ...... but alas a super victory was accomplished.
Noted that Vegas only Gave the puck Away 5 times (between 2 players) while the Jets totaled 13 GA's. Felt that was due to the pressure that Vegas exerted in the 2nd period.
On the plus side Vegas had only 2 Takeaways whereas the Jet players totaled 9

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #623 on: March 10, 2020, 01:50:36 AM »

Huge comeback win tonight. Hellebuyck had another monstrous night. Nice to see Eakins get his first as a Jet, too.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
Stretch

« Reply #624 on: March 10, 2020, 10:09:44 AM »

The Jets need to stop falling behind in the first period so much. My heart can't take it.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Jockitch

« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »

Was very relieved when the Jets completed the comeback.       HellB was so solid again & glad to see Eakins hit the back of the net
Found it interesting that 6 Jet forwards were on the ice for less than 12 minutes (4 less than 11 mins) ...... which surprisingly included Ehlers at 11:38 & Eakins at 11:36.

Expecting these next 3 road games to be nail biters ...... keeping my Nitro spray close  Grin

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
Pigskin

« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2020, 07:18:46 PM »

Lowry gave the Jet's a big spark with that hit and then the fight. Adam is back.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #627 on: March 12, 2020, 02:28:26 AM »

Another big win for the Jets! Hellebuyck was marvelous again (except for one mishandled puck). Connor with two and the eventual GWG.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »

NP4 had a very good game. Taking that puck off of the goal line was a very big play. Very big win.

I really like our line up right now. This team is playing some very good hockey right now. Nice to be healthy again.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:10:00 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Jesse

« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »

Annnnnnnnnnnd the season is suspended.

Right when we're getting in a groove at the right time.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  

Jump to: