Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2020, 05:24:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 50999 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2020, 03:39:28 PM »

Jeebus.

We are icing the frickin Manitoba Moose

It's not looking too good in the hopes of making a push, especially with Morrissey's status up in the air.

I'm not sure what to make of Nogier, either. He's still somewhat young but his AHL stats are a bit meh.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Jesse

« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2020, 05:43:58 PM »

Jeebus.

We are icing the frickin Manitoba Moose

I've honestly been ready to lean into the rebuild for a while now.

We're clearly not a contender even if we were able to push into a play off spot, so might as well take the opportunity to ice some more kids. Especially on defence.

There's definitely an argument for pushing for wins and some play off experience, but I'm just hoping we're able to make some moves in the off season and push for #1 in the central next season.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2020, 05:58:49 PM »

I am pretty sure we are not going to be getting into a rebuild. A couple of top 4 men in FA would go a long way to fixing this team. Some size back there would also be a good thing. Getting a healthy BL18 back next year would be a big plus.
Jesse

« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2020, 10:35:01 PM »

I am pretty sure we are not going to be getting into a rebuild. A couple of top 4 men in FA would go a long way to fixing this team. Some size back there would also be a good thing. Getting a healthy BL18 back next year would be a big plus.

I mean this year has been our rebuild year - forced on us by the exodus of dmen.

My wife is amazing!
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #604 on: February 28, 2020, 02:32:32 AM »

Jets arnt horrible 

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #605 on: February 28, 2020, 03:24:36 AM »

Nice win, hope PL29 is okay. Anytime you can shut down the great 8, it's a good night.
blue_or_die

« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2020, 03:48:27 AM »

Y'see, if the Jets played like they did tonight consistently, they would be a top team. Between the goaltending, offensive prowess, and overall grit and determination of everyone, we looked 'complete' tonight. The problem is that we only do it every once in a while. Case-in-point: the standings.

Hoping we see more of this in the home stretch to keep playoff hope alive.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #607 on: February 28, 2020, 03:53:43 AM »

Nice win tonight. Hellebuyck made some beauty saves. Fingers crossed Laine will be good to go sooner than later.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Jockitch

« Reply #608 on: February 28, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »

C. J. Suess is flying with the team to Edmonton as I imagine Laine's health is still questionable.

very nice team game last night ....... saw a lot of Caps passes broken up/intercepted with some very successful anticipation by Jet players.

HellB was a super star again.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
Jesse

« Reply #609 on: February 28, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »

C. J. Suess is flying with the team to Edmonton as I imagine Laine's health is still questionable.

very nice team game last night ....... saw a lot of Caps passes broken up/intercepted with some very successful anticipation by Jet players.

HellB was a super star again.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together on that one, but it makes sense.

Hopefully it's just a precautionary move.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #610 on: February 29, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »

Has there been any word on PL29.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #611 on: February 29, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »

Has there been any word on PL29.

Nothing broken and is day to day Maurice said yesterday

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #612 on: February 29, 2020, 08:54:09 PM »

Jets arnt horrible 

They are who I thought they would be...check out page 1 of this thread. 

They didn't improve in the off season so this is where we stand...Hellybuck has saved them from being completely out of the playoff picture. 

You will not tangibly get better just through developing players alone when you have chunks of talent leave your team...you can tread water and stay afloat but getting better needs to have that talent replaced. 

Let's see what Chevy can get done this off season...the team last year and the team this year are way worse than the team that went deep in the playoffs.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #613 on: March 01, 2020, 02:48:19 AM »

They didn't improve in the off season so this is where we stand...Hellybuck has saved them from being completely out of the playoff picture. 

You will not tangibly get better just through developing players alone when you have chunks of talent leave your team...you can tread water and stay afloat but getting better needs to have that talent replaced. 

Let's see what Chevy can get done this off season...the team last year and the team this year are way worse than the team that went deep in the playoffs.

I doubt any team ever lost a whole D like we did can hold ground as we have.

Like i repeated many in Hockey have said we have done really good considered what we lost.

We are better off keeping who we draft then we are trading them away for one guy.

You keep your picks n prospects in our situation 

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »

They did the opposite of improve. Hellebuyck's Vezina calibre play and a stellar month of November are why this team is still in a position to fight for a WC spot.

Granted, few GMs, if none at all, could've really done anything when you consider all that has happened, and Cheveldayoff doesn't seem like the type to mortage away the future. It just is what it is at this point.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: