Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2020, 05:22:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 50998 times)
Jockitch

« Reply #585 on: February 24, 2020, 05:33:08 PM »

If we do just get in but don?t get past the 1st Rd ....... what is the speculation as why that result is expected

For me ..... it?s because Pionk is the only Dman that can be depended on to aggressively try to get the puck up the ice ..... Morrissey seems reluctant & the rest are basic stay at home

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #586 on: February 24, 2020, 07:27:05 PM »

It's pretty clear, IMO: an incomplete roster, injuries, lousy possession stats, poor special teams, and an overall mediocre 200 ft. game. It's not really speculation when the numbers reflect exactly what's ailing the Jets this season. I just can't see them beating any team currently in the top divisional spots in a seven-game series.

As for the blue line itself, Morrissey lost his pairing partner and now has to play with comparatively mediocre replacements. Fans here can crap on Trouba all they want but the kid is a proven, physical, sound stay-at-home defenseman. He and Morrissey were very, very good together and his departure from that top pairing has been significant. Poolman or Kulikov isn't a top pairing D and I don't think Pionk and Morrissey complement each other the same way Trouba and Morrissey did.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Jockitch

« Reply #587 on: February 24, 2020, 07:47:15 PM »

and the season rolls on for the Jets .... cheering for them to be a successful as possible

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2020, 06:18:25 AM »

It's pretty clear, IMO: an incomplete roster, injuries, lousy possession stats, poor special teams, and an overall mediocre 200 ft. game. It's not really speculation when the numbers reflect exactly what's ailing the Jets this season. I just can't see them beating any team currently in the top divisional spots in a seven-game series.

As for the blue line itself, Morrissey lost his pairing partner and now has to play with comparatively mediocre replacements. Fans here can crap on Trouba all they want but the kid is a proven, physical, sound stay-at-home defenseman. He and Morrissey were very, very good together and his departure from that top pairing has been significant. Poolman or Kulikov isn't a top pairing D and I don't think Pionk and Morrissey complement each other the same way Trouba and Morrissey did.

Maybe 4 teams in the NHL have a complete roster. But most are no different then ours. This is why so many teams are so close.

I watched all day today and many think Trouba will be moved in the offseason. Not because hes not good...   its because hes just not good enough to be the guy. We would be no better if Trouba was here.

It sucks how thing have gone with our D....  no doubt about it.

We wont win a Cup this year and may not make the playoffs.

We dont suck and we wont suck as we still have many really good players coming up and will fill the roles we need filled and still have the core guys.

I look at it this way......   we lost all our D and could have went nuts to sign FAs and make trades to fix it but we stood our ground on the players drafted.

Yes we did make some trades and we signed some guys to help but we for the most part kept our young guys on the Moose and in the lineup and thats the idea.

Trading Lowry, Copp, Niku,Poolman  Is jus overall a stupid move IMO.

The top teams are built around players like this. Most havent heard of Hawk but here he is on the first line.

Keep building the team from with what you draft and it will come.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2020, 01:53:57 PM »

Maybe 4 teams in the NHL have a complete roster. But most are no different then ours. This is why so many teams are so close.

I watched all day today and many think Trouba will be moved in the offseason. Not because hes not good...   its because hes just not good enough to be the guy. We would be no better if Trouba was here.

It sucks how thing have gone with our D....  no doubt about it.

We wont win a Cup this year and may not make the playoffs.

We dont suck and we wont suck as we still have many really good players coming up and will fill the roles we need filled and still have the core guys.

I look at it this way......   we lost all our D and could have went nuts to sign FAs and make trades to fix it but we stood our ground on the players drafted.

Yes we did make some trades and we signed some guys to help but we for the most part kept our young guys on the Moose and in the lineup and thats the idea.

Trading Lowry, Copp, Niku,Poolman  Is jus overall a stupid move IMO.

The top teams are built around players like this. Most havent heard of Hawk but here he is on the first line.

Keep building the team from with what you draft and it will come.

I don't even know what to make of this reply.

There are more than four "complete" rosters in the NHL.

The Jets' blue line took a serious hit in the off-season and that's translated into an inferior overall team. That's not even up for debate, so your claim Trouba wouldn't help this team is false. No differently than Myers, Chiarot, or Byfuglien would help.

And yes, the Jets do suck this year. That's evidenced by their inconsistent play, poor possession statistics, and pretty awful special teams. Not to mention their place in the standings as they bite and claw for a wildcard spot.

What do you mean the team stood its ground? Huh

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2020, 08:58:05 PM »

I don't even know what to make of this reply.

There are more than four "complete" rosters in the NHL.

The Jets' blue line took a serious hit in the off-season and that's translated into an inferior overall team. That's not even up for debate, so your claim Trouba wouldn't help this team is false. No differently than Myers, Chiarot, or Byfuglien would help.

And yes, the Jets do suck this year. That's evidenced by their inconsistent play, poor possession statistics, and pretty awful special teams. Not to mention their place in the standings as they bite and claw for a wildcard spot.

What do you mean the team stood its ground? Huh

Ok   Maybe 6 teams.... Boston, Caps, Tampa, Pitts, Blues and the Aves. Point is pretty much every team has holes.

If you think Trouba or any one of the Dmen you mentioned being here would have put us in a better place this year your dreaming. We would be exactly where we are and is why they didnt go make a huge trade all year. One guy is not going to make a huge diff in the overall team.

I was at home all day and watched all the hockey experts say that The Jets are better off not making a move and losing picks n prospects for 1 or 2 players that wont have any change on where we are.

I tend to agree.

In this days NHL teams have up n down years but the ones that survive are the ones that keep their cool and keep the core of the team and trust who you draft and develop. Pitts didnt even make the playoffs last year...   Tampa got backhanded out of the playoffs.  Do they suck?

What i mean by they stood their ground is they pretty much said to they players is we have trust in you to do the job. They arnt giving up on the players coming up.

Look at guys like Conner, Appleton and this year Harkins... This is what and how to build a strong team.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »

Ovi gonna feast tonight...
Pigskin

« Reply #592 on: February 26, 2020, 03:54:39 AM »

The Jet's showed a lot of grit tonight. Down 3 on the road and battle back. To bad OT didn't go our way.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #593 on: February 26, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »

The amount of injuries to the defense is beyond ridiculous already! Niku was all ready to come into last night?s  game and then boom, injured from an off-ice incident. The fact that the Jets are still within striking range of a wildcard spot is simply a miracle! They may squeak in for a playoff spot but it will be short-lived. I fully expect Chevy to make some pretty big additions to the D during free agency. Take Buff and Kulikov?s money and he can sign 2-3 solid players. With the D patched up for next year, I think the team will be back into the conversation as contenders.
blue_or_die

« Reply #594 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »

The amount of injuries to the defense is beyond ridiculous already! Niku was all ready to come into last night?s  game and then boom, injured from an off-ice incident. The fact that the Jets are still within striking range of a wildcard spot is simply a miracle! They may squeak in for a playoff spot but it will be short-lived. I fully expect Chevy to make some pretty big additions to the D during free agency. Take Buff and Kulikov?s money and he can sign 2-3 solid players. With the D patched up for next year, I think the team will be back into the conversation as contenders.

Good chance Heinola joins the big club next year too. Apparently Chevy had to pry him away from Maurice with a crow bar. I remember being very excited with his early play and am excited for him as a roster player.

Morrisey-Big Fish
Pionk- Heinola
Niku-Poolman

I'm happy to keep Sbisa around as a vet press box guy. Note, I didn't pick that lineup based on RH/LH so the combinations can be flipped around to accommodate that I guess.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:01:11 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »

Ok   Maybe 6 teams.... Boston, Caps, Tampa, Pitts, Blues and the Aves. Point is pretty much every team has holes.

If you think Trouba or any one of the Dmen you mentioned being here would have put us in a better place this year your dreaming. We would be exactly where we are and is why they didnt go make a huge trade all year. One guy is not going to make a huge diff in the overall team.

So, more than four teams. I'd put the Stars in there, too. Perhaps even the Knights.

And yes, I maintain one of either Trouba, Byfuglien, Chiarot, or Myers still on the blue line would make a difference. Your assertion the team didn't make any moves out of indifference is nonsense. The Byfuglien situation handcuffed the team because of the cap implications in play. Had Byfuglien been more upfront about his status earlier on, Cheveldayoff could've mitigated the damage and potentially retained a defenseman or two.

It's a bit preposterous you think this team would be exactly where it is now with even a marginally improved blue line. The D corps was crippled from the losses and that bears out in not only the statistics, but the eye test of how this team plays now. Their puck movement from the defensive zone is terrible, their possession stinks, and the PK is brutal. You can't lose four defensemen, replace them with mediocre pieces, and expect success.

Good chance Heinola joins the big club next year too. Apparently Chevy had to pry him away from Maurice with a crow bar. I remember being very excited with his early play and am excited for him as a roster player.

Morrisey-Big Fish
Pionk- Heinola
Niku-Poolman

I'm happy to keep Sbisa around as a vet press box guy. Note, I didn't pick that lineup based on RH/LH so the combinations can be flipped around to accommodate that I guess.

I'd love to see the Jets make a play for Hamonic in free agency, permitted it's reasonable. There are going to be several nice sized blue liners come July 1, so the team should be able to beef up the back end for the 2020-21 season.

There's also Samberg in the pipeline, too. I think he finishes school this year, so perhaps he'll be ready to go pro.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:57:42 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2020, 03:01:47 AM »

So, more than four teams. I'd put the Stars in there, too. Perhaps even the Knights.

And yes, I maintain one of either Trouba, Byfuglien, Chiarot, or Myers still on the blue line would make a difference. Your assertion the team didn't make any moves out of indifference is nonsense. The Byfuglien situation handcuffed the team because of the cap implications in play. Had Byfuglien been more upfront about his status earlier on, Cheveldayoff could've mitigated the damage and potentially retained a defenseman or two.

It's a bit preposterous you think this team would be exactly where it is now with even a marginally improved blue line. The D corps was crippled from the losses and that bears out in not only the statistics, but the eye test of how this team plays now. Their puck movement from the defensive zone is terrible, their possession stinks, and the PK is brutal. You can't lose four defensemen, replace them with mediocre pieces, and expect success.

I'd love to see the Jets make a play for Hamonic in free agency, permitted it's reasonable. There are going to be several nice sized blue liners come July 1, so the team should be able to beef up the back end for the 2020-21 season.

There's also Samberg in the pipeline, too. I think he finishes school this year, so perhaps he'll be ready to go pro.

Well heres the thing....  like i said n watched  Just about every guy on TSN or SN have said the same thing.

I guess they know nothing.

I posted what they all pretty much said including Chevy.   I said i agree.  Trading huge for 1 guy will do nothing. Not 1 of them will change where we are at.

Its not one guy who says it...  its many ppl in hockey that say it.

I guess you are smarter to how to run a NHL team?

The Jets dont suck....  they are a team that lost alot and can still hold water.

Your claim they suck is whats nonsense 

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »

Well heres the thing....  like i said n watched  Just about every guy on TSN or SN have said the same thing.

I guess they know nothing.

I posted what they all pretty much said including Chevy.   I said i agree.  Trading huge for 1 guy will do nothing. Not 1 of them will change where we are at.

Its not one guy who says it...  its many ppl in hockey that say it.

I guess you are smarter to how to run a NHL team?

The Jets dont suck....  they are a team that lost alot and can still hold water.

Your claim they suck is whats nonsense 

Cool story. Not sure what's got you so grouchy and sensitive but try and cool off a bit before you log in next time. Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »

Jets recall D Nelson Nogier. Sounds like Niku could be out for a while. Still no news on Morrissey.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
blue_or_die

« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »

Jets recall D Nelson Nogier. Sounds like Niku could be out for a while. Still no news on Morrissey.

Jeebus.

We are icing the frickin Manitoba Moose

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: