Blue Bombers Forum
September 29, 2020, 02:19:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 39088 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #465 on: January 27, 2020, 02:16:50 AM »

Who would have thought that if you lose Byfuglien, Myers and Chiarot and replace them with Bitetto, Sbisa and Poolman that you'd lose a step? (I didn't include Trouba in there as he was replaced appropriately with Pionk).

Eh, maybe to a man. Trouba was an excellent top pairing shutdown defender with Morrissey. Pionk isn't really that; he's more of a Myers type, IMO.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Jockitch

« Reply #466 on: January 27, 2020, 05:08:24 AM »

Tend to agree with quite a few ...... change, if necessary,  the coaching staff at the end not now.
Yes our Dmen will be even lighter next year if Niku & Heinola both are starters.
If you add Morrissey, who I like but am somewhat disappointed in, to those above mentioned two.....
.....  then the Jets will have 3 dmen who will be stick checkers, not physical & get beaten on the boards
Just anticipating that our defence, with young hopefuls, might be light going into next year

Did anyone else here this call in, by an avid fisherman, on Fri?s 1290 The Big Show
The man stated that Buff has his name registered for bout 17 more ice fishing tournaments thru May.
His closing comment was that Buff won?t be coming back
Take it for what it?s worth ....... but even if exaggerated, that?s not rehabbing on ice with skates

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »

I think Morrissey's been a "disappointment" simply because of the gutting of the blue line, and more specifically losing his pairing partner in Trouba.

As for Byfuglien, that doesn't really surprise me. I'll take it with a grain of salt for now but considering how much he loves to fish, it's not a shocker. He could very well be done with hockey.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
blue_or_die

« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2020, 03:51:35 PM »

Eh, maybe to a man. Trouba was an excellent top pairing shutdown defender with Morrissey. Pionk isn't really that; he's more of a Myers type, IMO.

They do play different roles, yes, but my point was that in terms of overall quality, Pionk is on the same level as Trouba.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2020, 08:28:49 PM »

Jets rumoured to be in on trading for Sharks' defenseman Brenden Dillon. No idea what the ask is, though.

https://puckprose.com/2020/01/29/nhl-trade-rumors-winnipeg-jets-boston-bruins-brenden-dillon/

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Colton

« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »

Love Dillon, there's no way we (Sharks) can keep him around next season, so I'd prefer he end up with the Jets.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »

Love Dillon, there's no way we (Sharks) can keep him around next season, so I'd prefer he end up with the Jets.

Yeah, he seems like a pretty solid blue liner and all-around teammate. I just don't know if I like the idea of trading for a pending UFA, even if it helps them make the playoffs. I feel like their chances are slim and if they do squeak in, it'll be a quick first round exit.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Pigskin

« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »

Would be okay if we could trade and sign him. If not I agree, a rental player to sneak into the playoffs?Huh
Jockitch

« Reply #473 on: January 30, 2020, 01:12:48 AM »

Was hoping a few times in the past that Chevy might have considered getting this Dman ...... such as when he was coming off his ELC after 2013-14 season with Dallas.
Instead, Dallas traded him to the Sharks after the first 20 games of the 2014-15 season.
Of Note; he was never drafted        He doesn't appear to be offensively gifted, plays the body on the boards, is up to 73 PM's & has 158 hits already.

As a UFA next season, I would hazard to guess he might garner a minimal raise over his current $ 3,270,000. Cap Hit
It would be like dumping Kulikov's $$ for a cheaper Dillon next year ........ hey Chevy, maybe its a Kulikov for Dillon right now

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
TrueBlue75

« Reply #474 on: January 30, 2020, 11:13:13 PM »

Honestly, I?m okay with the Jets doing nothing at the trade deadline. They simply do not have enough defensive talent to do anything in the playoffs. Next year Kulikov and maybe Buff (if he retires) are off the books so free agency is where Chevy can make a splash to get better talent. I?m happy with our forwards for the most part...
Pigskin

« Reply #475 on: January 30, 2020, 11:25:42 PM »

Another big question will be BL18. Can he return from this injury?
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »

Another big question will be BL18. Can he return from this injury?

He's been skating in a non-contact jersey since early January. All indications are he's coming along, passing necessary tests as he progresses.

Update as of yesterday: https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-health-updates-little-lowry-poolman-and-beaulieu/

He should be able to return from this injury.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Jockitch

« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »

Heard that Poolman is skating every 2nd day & may get into one of the next 3 games. However he & Beauliux, who is virtually ready, will not dress tonight.
From yesterday's practise it appears to be ..... Morrissey with Pionk, Niku with Kulikov & Sbisa was paired with Bitetto, as the starting 6 Dmen.
Also Appleton was with Wheels & Ehler, while Rosy skated with Copp & Perrault.

Surprise for me was to hear that Brossoit will start tonight.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_or_die

« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »

Heard that Poolman is skating every 2nd day & may get into one of the next 3 games. However he & Beauliux, who is virtually ready, will not dress tonight.
From yesterday's practise it appears to be ..... Morrissey with Pionk, Niku with Kulikov & Sbisa was paired with Bitetto, as the starting 6 Dmen.
Also Appleton was with Wheels & Ehler, while Rosy skated with Copp & Perrault.

Surprise for me was to hear that Brossoit will start tonight.

My wife has a weird theory that Helle has a "thing" about playing Boston, since it seems he does not play against them, at least often (I haven't verified). When the Jets played in Boston earlier this month, Helle also didn't start, although that was in a back-to-back situation. 3 years ago, we saw the Jets play in Boston and he had tons of family there because that's where he went to college where he met his g/f, but he didn't get the nod (Hutch I think started back then).

Anyway, a little weird. Playing a very strong opponent after a week+ break and desperately trying to get some wins and salvage the season.

blue_or_die

« Reply #479 on: January 31, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

I only go to 1-2 games a year and this is one of them so I am stoked. First time seeing us play an original 6 team live at home.

I'm hoping this break week was just what they needed to shake their heads and get back into the mix.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: