Blue Bombers Forum
April 05, 2020, 02:30:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 18091 times)
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2019, 12:57:12 AM »

We will be Ok   

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
TrueBlue75

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2019, 01:08:35 AM »

First game against an improved Ranger team, and the Jets were in it most of the game. We?ve got the offence and the defense will come around with the new guys. It?s game one but Helly has to get back to his form from two seasons ago. Otherwise Brossoit needs to get more starts. I love the speed and chemistry of the Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler line! They will do a lot of damage against teams this season. Tomorrow will be another tough opponent.
Pigskin

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2019, 02:30:43 AM »

Jet's had 47 shots, our D is a problem at this time.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2019, 04:22:10 AM »

Team defense took a slide last season and it reflected in the team's possession stats, defensive zone play, and netminding. Expect that slide to continue with the losses on the blue line and if last season's overall trend remains. Tonight's loss sort of highlighted most of what ails this team.

Gotta be better tomorrow (later today, rather). I would imagine Brossoit gets the nod in NJ.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
In Motion

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2019, 08:53:23 AM »

That was a very entertaining game. I'd say the difference was goaltending. Helly gave up 2 bad goals; Lundqvist none. If that type of differential continues, we won't win more than we lose. It's just the first game though.
blue_or_die

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2019, 12:29:28 PM »

Gotta say that I was not disappointed with the loss because the effort was there and we were in it for the entire time. Play like that every night and you'll win a lot of those games.

Maybe it's just that I've lowered my expectations. But what do you think would happen? We are without Buff, Trouba, Myers, and Chiarot and have a late first round 18 year old in the D lineup. Offense did their job by scoring 4 goals, and defense did whatever they could do with what they have.

Losses like this, where the players play, are ultimately on Chevy for not shoring up on the massive losses to the D.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluengold204

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »

I see Laine hasn't improved since last season.  Still looks like a pylon out there in our defensive zone.  Ehlers with a some nice passes, he had a great game.  Our D is in shambles it's gonna be a long season for Hellebuyck i think.
Jockitch

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »

When the Rangers used their speed on stretch passes or just cutting in from the outside our Dmen looked clumsy, as a whole.
However, there are 81 games left & I sure hope we get our 99 points.  Truly wish the games are as entertaining as last night.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
Jesse

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »

We will be Ok  

I guess that depends on your definition.

I don't know if I'm expecting play offs this year. Our D is not going to improve by much and will likely decline as we experience an injury or two.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2019, 09:30:59 PM »

Trouba had a very good game. His O is something we will miss.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2019, 12:43:59 AM »

Boys from both teams looked gassed in OT

How wheeler didn't score is beyond me. 

Shootout time!!
TrueBlue75

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2019, 01:14:49 AM »

I?ll be first to admit I called game over after the devils went up 3-0 and went on to watch other things. I followed the game with occasional checks on twitter and tuned back in at 4-4. What a comeback! Should be a good bonding moment for them. Certainly was ugly in the first two periods and they have much to work on. Still, nice to see them pull out a tough win!
Jockitch

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2019, 01:15:48 AM »

what a crazy, fast moving game ........... SUPER HAPPY for Wheels to score the Winner ...... cuz the opportunity that he didn't cash in on would have haunted him

Ehlers has been wonderful to start the year ....... real nice goaltending by Brossoit ...... defensively we can be scary

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
In Motion

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2019, 04:21:27 AM »

I picked up the game when it was 4-2, and I'm glad I did. One player who has really
impressed me is 18-yr old Ville Heinola. Our backup goalie played great too!

I predict we will make the playoffs this season.
blue_or_die

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »

I watched the first two periods, with the Jets about to go into the intermission down 4-0. Kulikov socring with 10 seconds left in the period excited me slightly but it was too little too late. Tuned to something else, and then half an hour later checked the score on my phone and saw 4-3...tuned back in and watched that gloriously entertaining tie and finish.

Only regret was Wheeler not being able to close it out in regulation with not one but two posts on an amazing opportunity with seconds to go! Round puck on round post and it bounces off...twice!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: