Blue Bombers Forum
November 25, 2020, 09:07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 49718 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2020, 09:22:14 PM »

Really. Cody Eakin for a 4th round pick or a 3rd round pick if we make the playoffs.. Cap hit just under 4m. Do we really need Cody Eakin?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:05:14 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Jockitch

« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2020, 10:33:27 PM »

Well at least it didn't cost much to get this young 28 yr old pending UFA Winnipeger, who is on the back end of a $3.8M contract.
...... had a series of injuries in 2019 that kept him out of the lineup for 17 games but "should" help improve our 4th line & overall compete.

Long range he will probably beat out Storie & end up with, presently injured Lowry & Perrault.  Course the season may not hold an injury free situation going forward.
.......  Chibisov is being sent back to the Moose.
NOTED: that Vegas now has only 11 forwards on present Cap Friendly roster
....... most likely a call up is on the way but I look to Vegas to make a significant trade for a forward now that they have over $6.M in cap space.

Sure hope a bonafide, experienced, puck moving Dman can show up in Jet colours still.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:01:21 PM by Jockitch » Logged

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
theaardvark

« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2020, 10:54:55 PM »

To secure him. If he becomes a FA before a trade, he can go anywhere. If he is traded, you get him.

I don't know the market conditions for a trade. I don't blame Chevy for trying, and good for him if he gets something. If Buff is ready and able to play at any point between now and the end of his contract in 2021, then you have a top Dman who brings something to the game no one else does. If he doesn't show any commitment to playing or getting into shape, you get a dud. Definitely a risk-reward measure.

Sure, you secure him, at $8mil/yr cap hit.  Maybe not as much actual cash, but the cap hit exists on this deal.  If you wait for the contract termination, I'm sure his price tag will be the same or less than the cash he's presently due, and a much reduced cap hit...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #573 on: February 22, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »

Sure, you secure him, at $8mil/yr cap hit.  Maybe not as much actual cash, but the cap hit exists on this deal.  If you wait for the contract termination, I'm sure his price tag will be the same or less than the cash he's presently due, and a much reduced cap hit...

Yes, but there's no guarantee he would go to your team if you're a team who really wants him. It's about getting your guy. Throw in the fact that trade deadline time/nearing playoffs, teams pay big time for a little extra help.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_or_die

« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

I've always liked Eakin so I think this is a good trade. Alleviates the Little absence. We paid very little for him (compared to e.g. Hayes last year who also didn't do much) so between him and DeMelo, Chevy has done all he reasonably needs to do to give us a boost and try to make a playoff push. This isn't a go-all-in year, so I'm good with these medial moves.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #575 on: February 22, 2020, 08:20:22 PM »

I like the Eakins trade. And the team didn't give up a whole heck of a lot, which is good.

A crummy start really hooped the road team today. A point at least would've been nice.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #576 on: February 24, 2020, 12:08:18 AM »

Not a good weekend for this team. Blegh.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Jockitch

« Reply #577 on: February 24, 2020, 04:54:16 AM »

Oh my how awful it can & does feel when we lose.
Morrissey left during warmup with a reported LBI ..... can?t afford him out of lineup
Really felt disappointed for Rosy not being able to continue at center with Harkins & Appleton
There was some great moments for Harkins today but felt underwhelmed with some performances

Does anyone else scratch their heads when Copp is the extra skater vs Ehlers Huh?

Hopefully Chevy wows us with some trade deadline moves ....... Jets win their first Stanley Cup

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_or_die

« Reply #578 on: February 24, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »

Oh my how awful it can & does feel when we lose.
Morrissey left during warmup with a reported LBI ..... can?t afford him out of lineup
Really felt disappointed for Rosy not being able to continue at center with Harkins & Appleton
There was some great moments for Harkins today but felt underwhelmed with some performances

Does anyone else scratch their heads when Copp is the extra skater vs Ehlers Huh?

Hopefully Chevy wows us with some trade deadline moves
....... Jets win their first Stanley Cup

But at what cost? We can't give up first rounders every year...

Agreed this weekend sucked. Couldn't get a **** point. So much for our win streak going into the weekend...ugh

Jockitch

« Reply #579 on: February 24, 2020, 02:56:56 PM »

At what cost is certainly a big thing but perhaps it?s time for Chevy to go outside the box
By that I mean,  trade a fan favourite or asset from the minors seperate or in a combo of sort

Perhaps an unsigned Dylan Samberg needs to be pkg?d with a Top 9 Jet forward

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #580 on: February 24, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »

It isn't "time" for him to do anything. The 2019-20 Jets are a bubble team at best (see 2014-15) and I can't see him making a trade like he did that season. There just isn't a need like there was back then, as evidenced by his activity thus far. Maybe another middling trade is in the cards prior to the deadline later today.

Looks like it's confirmed Byfuglien won't play this season, so I'm curious how his contract termination goes. It'd be nice to see an end to this nonsense already.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
blue_or_die

« Reply #581 on: February 24, 2020, 04:01:51 PM »

Yeah this is just not an all-in year. A move here or there (like we've done with DeMelo and Eakin) are fine and are helpful but I don't expect to do anything more. What I do expect is for Chevy to fix what is wrong with this team in the off-season and then hopefully return to our previous cup-contending form this fall.

Jockitch

« Reply #582 on: February 24, 2020, 04:07:35 PM »

It isn?t ?time? cuz nothing much to positive happened to address the Buff issue a lot earlier
Or not Time yet as Chiarot or Myers never got replaced while Buff?s spot was in limbo
Trouba for Pionk has been good for the Jets. Of late we picked up serviceable, steady DeMelo.

Is it the D position patch work job & the injuries have some mentally accepting ?Not this year?

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_or_die

« Reply #583 on: February 24, 2020, 04:19:23 PM »

It isn?t ?time? cuz nothing much to positive happened to address the Buff issue a lot earlier
Or not Time yet as Chiarot or Myers never got replaced while Buff?s spot was in limbo
Trouba for Pionk has been good for the Jets. Of late we picked up serviceable, steady DeMelo.

Is it the D position patch work job & the injuries have some mentally accepting ?Not this year?

Yes

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #584 on: February 24, 2020, 04:28:40 PM »

It's a combination of everything. Depleted blue line since the off-season, injuries, Byfuglien's situation, the team's position in the standings... This team isn't a contender by any stretch of the imagination and they're pretty much a coin flip to get a wildcard spot. Even that'll be a dogfight likely not determined until the final week of the season.

In the event they do make the playoffs, I can't see them winning a round with this roster. AFAIC, it's next season territory. Cheveldayoff will have ample cap space with which to work and make the necessary moves to get this team back to form.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: