Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 02:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 14420 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #495 on: February 03, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »

I will be surprised if he plays in the NHL at any level of effectiveness again...
blue_or_die

« Reply #496 on: February 03, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

What a weird way to end it all.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2020, 08:50:46 PM »

What a weird way to end it all.

for such a unique player and overall fan favorite it does seem really weird...
Jockitch

« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2020, 08:51:08 PM »

Agree that it reads that $$ is going to be available ........ time to do a deal with Buffalo & get a RH Dman, Ristolainen or Colin Miller in a trade
Info: Risto at $5.4M with 2 yrs left, can hit, has the shot & is young 25 & reliable.
Miller at 27, Cap hit of just under $3.9 for 2 more seasons after, was very good with Vegas but has been in a funk with the coach & his play this year
Buffalo is in a world of hurt for the Cap & perhaps Chevy can move a young, touted by our fans Heinola. We already have light weight Niku (course maybe he goes)

Either Ristolainen or Miller will give us veteran experience on the road to make the playoffs ....... plus real decent Top 4 RH Dman presence.

This is like a Fact or Fantasy time for me prior to the Trade deadline. Grin         Am big on looking outside our Conference first.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:53:40 PM by Jockitch » Logged

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
blue_or_die

« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2020, 09:01:43 PM »

for such a unique player and overall fan favorite it does seem really weird...

Here I thought that in 10 years we would be having Buff Smash Night annually, and have his number in the rafters one day.

I guess no "thanks for the memories" final goodbye.

How unceremonious for such a loved player with star power for when the Jets came back in 2011.

Pigskin

« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »

Something still doesn't smell right with all of this. But at the end of the day, it is what it is. It would have be nice to trade him and get something for Big Buff. To bad I have really missed his big hits and big personality this year.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »

Agree that it reads that $$ is going to be available ........ time to do a deal with Buffalo & get a RH Dman, Ristolainen or Colin Miller in a trade
Info: Risto at $5.4M with 2 yrs left, can hit, has the shot & is young 25 & reliable.
Miller at 27, Cap hit of just under $3.9 for 2 more seasons after, was very good with Vegas but has been in a funk with the coach & his play this year
Buffalo is in a world of hurt for the Cap & perhaps Chevy can move a young, touted by our fans Heinola. We already have light weight Niku (course maybe he goes)

Either Ristolainen or Miller will give us veteran experience on the road to make the playoffs ....... plus real decent Top 4 RH Dman presence.

This is like a Fact or Fantasy time for me prior to the Trade deadline. Grin         Am big on looking outside our Conference first.

The Jets wont do any of this.

They will continue to follow the path they set out.

Most of the guys we lost in the last few years were not really thought to become as good as they were. Big Ben and Tanav ...jus an example of players we may have seen as a fill in till our young guys were ready.

They became really good and and wanted to be payed as they should. Even Myers.

Most of our drafted players have signed reasonable contracts to allow room for others.

Every player thats involved with True North understands whats going on .....   every player understands how you get the big money.

Continue building this way will get you bigger and better.

Might make players like Big Ben think about going to a **** team for more money but never smelling a Cup or even getting close.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
TrueBlue75

« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2020, 11:15:17 PM »

While it seemed that something of this nature was going to happen with Buff, it sure makes me sad to see him go. Some games he was hands down the sole entertainment out there on the ice. From his massive hits to ragdolling multiple players at a time. One of my favourites was him yanking two Knights out of a rumble onto their a****. Buff is truly a one of a kind player. I actually wouldn?t be surprised to see him sign a 1 or 2 year deal during free agency. That is, if he is interested in playing. Thanks for the memories Buffy!
dd

« Reply #503 on: February 04, 2020, 12:29:35 AM »

I agree, this is sad. Not sure what happened here, he hurt his ankle, had surgery and then there?s a squabble/dispute on whether he gets paid or not when he recovers from the injury and then fades to black?? Talk about a cold, cruel world.

And I get it that there?s more to it than what we see/ hear, but why hasn?t management filled the voids left behind by the departures of Trouba, Myers and Charot!?! It used to be tough to play in the Jets end of the rink, not so anymore. Not many pucks won in our endzone, lots of guys getting pushed off the puck. I read that the jets are in the market for a top 4 defense an, only one!?!? We need 3 more to fill the skates of buff, trouba, Myers and charot!!
Jesse

« Reply #504 on: February 04, 2020, 02:38:26 AM »

I tend to believe the stories that say he didn't want to rehab with the team as it's  a gruelling process that he didn't want to go through. So I don't expect to see him playing again.

It's an odd and unceremonious way to end his tenure with the Jets. I didn't expect him to see the end of the contract we signed him to, but I didn't expect this.

Thanks for the memories Buff, a few years down the road, everyone's only going to remember the good times.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2020, 02:24:38 PM »

Another big game for the Jet's tonight. Need a total team effort. Go Jet's.
blue_or_die

« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »

We won a game and so now I'm back to planning the Stanley Cup parade!!  Cheesy

Seriously, it would be lovely to get some consistency going in terms of getting wins. Even though we have been lousy for the last ~6 weeks, we were snake bitten to some extent and didn't deserve some of those losses. It would be nice to be on the other side of the luck factor in hockey. We are somehow still only a few points out of a wild card spot and so if we can pick ourselves up a bit and grind out this home stretch, getting a whiff of spring hockey might still be in question.

I have a 4 tap bar that wants to be milked this spring with playoff parties, so make it happen, Jets!!

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2020, 04:51:42 PM »

Here I thought that in 10 years we would be having Buff Smash Night annually, and have his number in the rafters one day.

I guess no "thanks for the memories" final goodbye.

How unceremonious for such a loved player with star power for when the Jets came back in 2011.

Nailed it. Unceremonious is a perfect descriptor.

What a sad way to see his tenure end with this organization. To see it all come down to this is disappointing to say the least. Not just a one-of-a-kind player but a unique personality and for the most part, he'd been such a huge part of the Jets 2.0 and a fan favourite - at least up until all this crap happened.

Another fairly big division tilt tonight. Here's hoping the home team can make it a gooder, unlike the last time the Predators were in town. Undecided

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
dd

« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »

I hope the situation is resolved and closure brought to this not only for Buff s sake but for the sake of the Jets fan base. I know hockey?s a business but I don?t like the way there?s been no official retirement or opportunity to say thanks for all you?ve done for us, and best of luck in the future .
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2020, 02:36:09 AM »

Needed that extra point...didn't really touch the puck in OT...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: