Blue Bombers Forum
June 05, 2020, 12:57:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: After missing two games AH still leads the CFL in rushing yardage!  (Read 4231 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« on: September 09, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »

Still sitting on top of the heap with 908 yards which is 93 yards more than second place Gable.  His understudy JA was stellar in his absence so I'm pretty sure AH will be pumped for Montreal....who have a very good defence I might add!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:35:53 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »

Yep!

So to account for the significant yardage padded on by JA27 the past two games, Str17 all year, plus sweeps to Demski and other rush plays, you get 1755 yards on the year total, 440 yards more than next-best Montreal (although 2 games less played).

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:04:18 PM »

to think if he didn't have to miss 2 he'd prob have around 1100 yards for the year...if not more after 12 games
bustamente

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »

The emergence of Augustine in terms of spelling Harris in game should keep Harris fresh for when the real games start, still leading speaks volumes on the year he is having.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 08:21:14 PM »

Still sitting on top of the heap with 908 yards which is 93 yards more than second place Gable.  His understudy JA was stellar in his absence so I'm pretty sure AH will be pumped for Montreal....who have a very good defence I might add!
AH33 will be in full beast mode. Can not wait to witness.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 08:50:44 PM »

AH33 will be in full beast mode. Can not wait to witness.
That makes two of us!

booch

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 08:57:21 PM »

just think how beneficial this 3 weeks off are gonna be for him and the offence over the next 6 games
blue girl

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 09:12:27 PM »

That makes two of us!
Make that three.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 10:22:52 PM »

Streveler is sitting 6th in the league in total rushing yards...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
J5V

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »

That is just incredible. It's just such a shame that he'll be associated with cheating for using PEDs. Really a shame.

Go Bombers!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 10:56:20 PM »

THAT is crazy!

BigBomberFan

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 11:19:47 PM »

Hahahaa. That is awesome!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 11:32:13 PM »

Leading all QBs.....with a 5.4 YPC average and tied for most rushing TDs with Powell at 9!!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 12:04:34 AM »

Leading all QBs.....with a 5.4 YPC average and tied for most rushing TDs with Powell at 9!!
that is just sweet.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »

This forum will be on fire come playoff time should Nichols be ready or is back ready to launch that ball. Shocked

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 12:16:01 AM »

that is just sweet.
He's likely to play at least 3 more games so he's going to continue to climb stats wise.   His passing numbers are most likely going to get better albeit he already closely matches Nichols recent passing stats.   Nichols had 0 yards rushing in his last two games and might have been sacked a few more times although that is speculative.....highly probable but still speculative nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:25:02 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

buckzumhoff

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 12:29:20 AM »

That was a nice 100 yard or 105 yard drive to start the game from our 10 yard line. very good way to start a game. Didn't panic, just methodically made plays.  The way he is playing he will move up the ladder in passing and rushing stats.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:08 AM »

hard to beat the best back, with a great line and an excellent coaching

remember when folks said he would slow down?

remember when folks were worried about the OL?

remember when people wanted Lapo gone.

I don't b/c we are awesome.  Patience pays off.
Yes we know Pj but it really is posts like this that pisses people off. I am not one of them but I can see how a post like that can get OTHER BOMBER FANS annoyed with you.

It discredits you posting like that. We know what you think man! Come on.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 01:39:48 AM »

Yes we know Pj but it really is posts like this that pisses people off. I am not one of them but I can see how a post like that can get OTHER BOMBER FANS annoyed with you.

that was pretty fair....sometimes the best response is no response....otw it's like rubbing salt in the wound.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 01:47:39 AM »

that was pretty fair....sometimes the best response is no response....otw it's like rubbing salt in the wound.
I tried that before with pj. I did not work Grin

bwiser

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 01:52:34 AM »

Harris can thank his own defense for still being the rushing leader the way they shut down Powell the last two games.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 01:58:24 AM »

I tried that before with pj. I did not work Grin
your comments were bang on....I meant the no response is sometimes best for PJ....like for him to stfu already!  Lol!!

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 02:39:20 AM »

fair enough, I thought I would razz back but changed my mind.  Post removed.  While I don't really care if some people didn't like it I'll play nice as the Bomber have me in a happy mood. 

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 02:51:03 AM »

fair enough, I thought I would razz back but changed my mind.  Post removed.  While I don't really care if some people didn't like it I'll play nice as the Bomber have me in a happy mood. 

K good move.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 02:59:54 AM »

K good move.
I'd second that....we still love you PJ!! Kiss

DM83

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:48 AM »

Really?
rubanski

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 05:04:36 AM »

Really?

Lol...

Anyways, keep in mind we've played more games than anyone not named the Eskimos. One more week off to watch others gain rushing yards on him.

Big kudos to our D. What did Powell have? 4 rushes for 1 yard. Really held him in check over two games.

I'm glad Harris has four weeks off over the back half of the season to be healthy for a playoff run.
theaardvark

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »

And Streveler is #6...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 03:17:36 PM »

Really?
Wink Roll Eyes Cheesy

Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »

Augustine is already in 13th.  The rest of the league forget how to run?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »

Augustine is already in 13th.  The rest of the league forget how to run?

Maybe, but the rest of the league might be wondering if it's just us that has forgotten how to pass. Our leading receiver is Whitehead with 394 yards. Good for the 24th best receiver in the league.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:55:36 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 01:15:04 AM »

Maybe, but the rest of the league might be wondering if it's just us that has forgotten how to pass. Our leading receiver is Whitehead with 394 yards. Good for the 24th best receiver in the league.
That's almost unheard of in the age of the pass....yet the team continues to rack up the most points getting it done on D, STs, and our O is heavily slanted towards the run game.   We are dead last in passing yards yet between Nichols and Streveler we are tied for most TD passes with 15+4= 19!!   Interesting statistics!!   Our red zone production this season is vastly improved as well and Medlock's numbers reflect fewer FGs as a result!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:20:46 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Ducky

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »

I would feel more comfortable if either / both Nichols and Streveler could get more passing yardage but it is pretty hard to argue the results so far. 
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »

Pretty passing yards is for summer.  Playoffs are for rushing and stopping the run.  Two things we are #1 at.  I'll take it.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

Pretty passing yards is for summer.  Playoffs are for rushing and stopping the run.  Two things we are #1 at.  I'll take it.

This. I love a potent air attack as much as the next fan, but fall ball is where the run game becomes so important. It'll be so good to get #33 back for the back half of the season!

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »

This. I love a potent air attack as much as the next fan, but fall ball is where the run game becomes so important. It'll be so good to get #33 back for the back half of the season!
Not to mention at full possible health and an extra chip on his shoulder.

blue_or_die

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »

Good point on winter football on the prairies. Harris, Streveler, Augustine, Demski, Whitehead....Lapo is going to have a literal field day planning our offenses in November.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 05:10:49 PM »

Although I love the run game as much as anybody on this forum....we have to be able to stop a guy like Rogers in the playoffs.   Everything is pointing to a resurgent Stamps team and we all know what he did to us in the WSF,    BLM can throw those jump balls and Rogers can fetch them.   If we can contain him or limit him we have a very good shot at making a Cup appearance.   

pjrocksmb

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 06:32:36 PM »

Good point on winter football on the prairies. Harris, Streveler, Augustine, Demski, Whitehead....Lapo is going to have a literal field day planning our offenses in November.

Should be one of the best offenses we have seen in a very long time.

I don't need the love from the forum but the Bombers certainly have earned it.  Nice to see.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »

Not to mention at full possible health and an extra chip on his shoulder.

Oh, he's gonna be fired up to play! Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
theaardvark

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 07:36:02 PM »

Oh, he's gonna be fired up to play! Grin

Not just fired up, but rested with fresh legs... he is going to be hard to stop...  Bowman won honours this week, but he's going to get run over in 2 weeks...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue girl

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »

Although I love the run game as much as anybody on this forum....we have to be able to stop a guy like Rogers in the playoffs.   Everything is pointing to a resurgent Stamps team and we all know what he did to us in the WSF,    BLM can throw those jump balls and Rogers can fetch them.   If we can contain him or limit him we have a very good shot at making a Cup appearance.   
Not just Rogers but also Begelton. Although Rogers does have the playoff experience.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 10:06:11 PM »

Not just Rogers but also Begelton. Although Rogers does have the playoff experience.
Yeah....Begleton is a burner....gotta watch him too!   Well if we can manage to pass just enough to keep teams from loading the box and stuffing our run game we have a fighting chance.    We have more speed in our lineup with Whitehead and Grant which is a big plus and has added another dimension to our offence.   I had really hoped CM was going to be our jump ball guy but he for whatever reason was a bust.   Then Nichols gets injured and Streveler comes in to add another running threat to our already solid run game.   We used Streveler in the WSF and he was very effective against the Riders when he came in....then against the Stamps we hardly used him.   He missed on his one big chance and overthrew a wide open Harris but that happens to Nichols as well on occasion.   We also have WJ and HE is a beast on D and he will have to be a big factor in keeping BLM off balance because if he has time he delivers.   If we can use Streveler when Nichols comes back for more offensive packages I like our chances against any team!

pjrocksmb

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 10:48:51 PM »

Although I love the run game as much as anybody on this forum....we have to be able to stop a guy like Rogers in the playoffs.   Everything is pointing to a resurgent Stamps team and we all know what he did to us in the WSF,    BLM can throw those jump balls and Rogers can fetch them.   If we can contain him or limit him we have a very good shot at making a Cup appearance.  
Sure but we have a top front 7 and decent back end.  Our offense is well balanced to keep up with a higher scoring game and BLM is good but beatable.  We can win by taking the ball away scoring points on teams and having a consistent offense attack.  When the weather get cold, its more about the run game.  Especially with snow on the ground.  Nobody scares me.  Yeah we are not a shoe in butwe are as good as anyone overall.  Adams can burn too.  Also got this new little burner Whitehead you may have heard of. He might just find the fuel again.  Yeah we gotta shut down the deep threat no doubt but there is more than one way to skin a cat.  Harris will dominate.

BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 11:46:12 PM »

Sure but we have a top front 7 and decent back end.  Our offense is well balanced to keep up with a higher scoring game and BLM is good but beatable.  We can win by taking the ball away scoring points on teams and having a consistent offense attack.  When the weather get cold, its more about the run game.  Especially with snow on the ground.  Nobody scares me.  Yeah we are not a shoe in butwe are as good as anyone overall.  Adams can burn too.  Also got this new little burner Whitehead you may have heard of. He might just find the fuel again.  Yeah we gotta shut down the deep threat no doubt but there is more than one way to skin a cat.  Harris will dominate.

I am a little more cautiously optimistic that you. Calgary will be a tough team to beat. They seem to always come up with the talent they need to contend and I would never ever rule out BLM and what he brings to the table. I think it will be a great back to back with them and hopefully we finish first and get the bye. However IMHO if the road to the Grey Cup has to go through Calgary for the Western Final it will be a challenge. Never ever underestimate what the Stamps Organization can do.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 11:54:15 PM »

Yeah....Begleton is a burner....gotta watch him too!   Well if we can manage to pass just enough to keep teams from loading the box and stuffing our run game we have a fighting chance.    We have more speed in our lineup with Whitehead and Grant which is a big plus and has added another dimension to our offence.   I had really hoped CM was going to be our jump ball guy but he for whatever reason was a bust.   Then Nichols gets injured and Streveler comes in to add another running threat to our already solid run game.   We used Streveler in the WSF and he was very effective against the Riders when he came in....then against the Stamps we hardly used him.   He missed on his one big chance and overthrew a wide open Harris but that happens to Nichols as well on occasion.   We also have WJ and HE is a beast on D and he will have to be a big factor in keeping BLM off balance because if he has time he delivers.   If we can use Streveler when Nichols comes back for more offensive packages I like our chances against any team!

Here's another thing to ponder about Calgary, in back to back games against the Esks. and their ferocious pass rush the Stamps O-line gave up 0 sacks.  It's difficult to get BLM off his game if you can't get to him before he gets rid of the ball.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 12:12:32 AM »

Here's another thing to ponder about Calgary, in back to back games against the Esks. and their ferocious pass rush the Stamps O-line gave up 0 sacks.  It's difficult to get BLM off his game if you can't get to him before he gets rid of the ball.
They do not have a Willie!

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2019, 12:17:12 AM »

They do not have a Willie!
True dat!

pjrocksmb

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2019, 12:20:28 AM »

I am a little more cautiously optimistic that you. Calgary will be a tough team to beat. They seem to always come up with the talent they need to contend and I would never ever rule out BLM and what he brings to the table. I think it will be a great back to back with them and hopefully we finish first and get the bye. However IMHO if the road to the Grey Cup has to go through Calgary for the Western Final it will be a challenge. Never ever underestimate what the Stamps Organization can do.

agree

also agree as per above, gotta get BLM and we have Big Willie to do just that! Smiley

Could have a Hecht of a time with our blitz packages LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:23:40 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Tiger

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 01:15:11 AM »

Running is not as exciting in a pass happy league, but effective in the cold late season and colder yet playoffs.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
pjrocksmb

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 01:52:06 AM »

Running is not as exciting in a pass happy league, but effective in the cold late season and colder yet playoffs.

Nothing better than watching a big run when your back is dominant like Harris or Charlie.  Also great watching your club grind out game on ground in 4th quarter like Pringle use to do.  Cfl run game is fun, NFL at 3 yarda per carry not so much.

Jesse

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2019, 04:10:52 AM »

Are there any stats to back this up, or is it just one of those old axioms that people like to repeat to themselves?

My wife is amazing!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2019, 04:20:58 AM »

Nothing better than watching a big run when your back is dominant like Harris or Charlie.  Also great watching your club grind out game on ground in 4th quarter like Pringle use to do.  Cfl run game is fun, NFL at 3 yarda per carry not so much.
Truth be told with a handle like Lincoln Locomotive I love the running game....love it when backs can come slashing off tackle and into the secondary with juke and jive moves on the LBs and secondary....love some of our great runners like James, Shepard, Lincoln of course, Rainey, Herron, Reaves, Sir Charles, Sellers and now Harris....and perhaps and hopefully Augustine or Olivera!   I probably left some other good ones out but these ones came to mind.    It's smash mouth football and I love it.  Don't get me wrong I love the passing game as well and having both is always preferable depending on the game situation.   Nice to have a great passing game when there's 90 seconds on the clock and you have to score a TD to win it as much as I love to see a ground game control the game at the end of a game with the lead.   Both are desirable.   

66 Chevelle

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2019, 06:21:58 AM »

Are there any stats to back this up, or is it just one of those old axioms that people like to repeat to themselves?

Of the last 9 Grey Cups, 8 have been won by the team that had the most rushing yards. Toronto defied that trend 2 years ago by winning with only 16 rushing yards - the fewest ever by a GC winning team (old mark, SSK 41 yds in 1989). Since 2010, winning teams have averaged 21.4 rushing attempts, losing clubs just 13.2 per game.  Since 1992 (last 27 GC games), the team that has more rushing yards is 22-5.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2019, 06:54:14 AM »

Although I love the run game as much as anybody on this forum....we have to be able to stop a guy like Rogers in the playoffs.

We also have WJ and HE is a beast on D and he will have to be a big factor in keeping BLM off balance because if he has time he delivers.

You answered your own question Lincoln!  I don't think you can stop Rogers from making that final TD catch, no matter who is around him at DB.  But you can stop that ball ever being thrown, or thrown accurately.  And you said it: WJ, plus Stove (heard it on the coach's show!), Mr Drake and Roh/Fatboi/Kongbo will make sure BLM gets very few chances to make that throw this year.

I think it's critical that we gameplan a way to get pressure when they have 8 (yes eight) blockers, as they've done many times this year when they absolutely need to get the throw out.  When the game is on the line it'll be Rogers going mid/deep with 6 OL + 2 WR/RB all blocking.  (Same with HAM.)  If you find a way to get pressure through that (and you should, because these aren't quick-release plays, they take a moment to develop) then you will defeat #4 and CGY.

Your DBs won't beat #4 on the EZ jump ball play, but your pressure package can.

And we need a mammoth guaranteed-catch WR ourself so if our pressure fails we can punch back with points.

Never go full Rider!
Tiger

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2019, 01:21:42 AM »

I am looking forward to Andrew Harris after 3 weeks to recoup

Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2019, 01:46:51 AM »

I am looking forward to Andrew Harris after 3 weeks to recoup
We all are!

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

agree

also agree as per above, gotta get BLM and we have Big Willie to do just that! Smiley

Could have a Hecht of a time with our blitz packages LOL

Hello....are you really Ron MaClean?  LOL

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »

Hello....are you really Ron MaClean?  LOL
He wishes he was.

northof30

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2019, 07:05:10 PM »

Is there a way to structure/further improve the running game by using Harris, Augustine and Streveler in the backfield at the same time?
kkc60

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2019, 07:32:22 PM »

Is there a way to structure/further improve the running game by using Harris, Augustine and Streveler in the backfield at the same time?
2 back sets. But we didn't run em before, dunno if we would now. Imo with Streveler limiting our passing game I'd implement some 2 back sets, so theres 3 running threats
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2019, 09:10:01 PM »

2 back sets. But we didn't run em before, dunno if we would now. Imo with Streveler limiting our passing game I'd implement some 2 back sets, so theres 3 running threats
this is the CFL and the way the game is now that is not gonna happen especially with Strev back there. Live with It!

Tiger

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 02:16:45 AM »

Wildcat?  😁😁😁😁😳😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄

Bo Jackson

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
kkc60

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2019, 04:35:32 AM »

this is the CFL and the way the game is now that is not gonna happen especially with Strev back there. Live with It!
2 back sets have been used this year though. Toronto and Montreal have both done it. It isn't unheard of and isn't something you run a lot. Think of it like a jet sweep or flea flicker
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »

Even after the bye week and missing two games AH still is leader of the pack.   For him now the mission is to finish the season strong and lead this team to a Grey Cup.   Of course he can't do it alone but there is likely no other Bomber player coach or fan that wants this team to be drinking champagne out of the Cup than AH.   He needs to lead the charge knowing he will face adversity because of his suspension because that will stick to him regardless of how well he plays.   This will be a test of his mental fortitude to overcome all the doubters and naysayers.   Can he do it?  Yes he can!!

theaardvark

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »

And Streveler is still 7th... in a 9 team league, our QB is 7th in rushing...  in a Passing League....

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2019, 04:56:52 PM »

And Streveler is still 7th... in a 9 team league, our QB is 7th in rushing...  in a Passing League....

This decades version of Nealon Greene??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nealon_Greene
GCn19

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »

2 back sets have been used this year though. Toronto and Montreal have both done it. It isn't unheard of and isn't something you run a lot. Think of it like a jet sweep or flea flicker

With Whitehead and Demski it is pointless to run a 2 back set because one of them in motion is a better and harder to defend but equally effective option.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »

maybe not so impressive considering it's a passing league... maybe... but consider that he's only be in a running position, one to take snaps for other than the quarterback sneak or short yardage dive, for THREE games... well that's a different story...

just imagine the yards he would have racked up by game 12 if he had been the starting QB for the entire year... may have been battling Harris for the rushing title... no joke...

rubanski

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »

This decades version of Nealon Greene??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nealon_Greene

Gosh he was terrible. Wasn't it him that caused Burris to leave SK? Burris wanted to be named the starter in the offseason, and Danny Barrett wouldn't do it, so he signed with Calgary.
GCn19

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

Gosh he was terrible. Wasn't it him that caused Burris to leave SK? Burris wanted to be named the starter in the offseason, and Danny Barrett wouldn't do it, so he signed with Calgary.

There was that, the fact that Calgary offered him a little bit more money, and Roy Shivers telling him to take off his panties and quit letting his wife call the shots.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »

There was that, the fact that Calgary offered him a little bit more money, and Roy Shivers telling him to take off his panties and quit letting his wife call the shots.
lol

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2019, 06:52:39 PM »

Ok....so tell me whose wife doesn't call the shots?   

TecnoGenius

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2019, 06:45:37 AM »

Ok....so tell me whose wife doesn't call the shots?   

Oh, our wives call the shots, but I'm pretty sure most of us don't wear panties.
Cheesy Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2019, 10:29:28 AM »

Was it not Burris who had a picture leak out wearing a bra and panties?

https://www.google.com/search?q=henry+burris+bra&oq=henry+burris+bra&aqs=chrome..69i57.8588j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=YnmsqUPakUsdQM:

I remember a game in Sask where tons of them wore bras to the game to heckle him.
GCn19

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »

Oh, our wives call the shots, but I'm pretty sure most of us don't wear panties.
Cheesy Cheesy

For sure. Happy wife. happy life. However, Shivers didn't see it that way because Hank's wife wanted to go to Calgary where she had a job lined up with the Stampeders front office. Can anyone say SMS circumvention?

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: