Blue Bombers Forum
February 24, 2020, 03:41:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Matthews released by the Bombers - signed by Als  (Read 11001 times)
dd

« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »

Who cares the Als picked him up??  The guy did squat here and was pulling in what $200k for his joke of a season with us?!?! See ya later and watch your back in the bars down in Montreal!!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2019, 10:27:25 PM »

Adams hasnt done much really either. the ball isn't being thrown their way. They throw them in warm up, but game time they have to throw the ball deeper once in awhile. I wouldn't let him go for the money saving, team budgeted for it.pay it, not going over the salary cap so why the treat it like saving money now have to look for another player. That will cost more in the long run anyway.
blue girl

« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »

The Bombers play Montreal twice this year. Let's hope that this doesn't come back to haunt them.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »

The Bombers play Montreal twice this year. Let's hope that this doesn't come back to haunt them.
Blue Girl you gotta chill out a tad we are number 1 in the league with atop ranked D rushing attack and getting their passing attack. Not to mention deadly special teams at every unit. Haunt us this no chance that chill girl chill!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BigBomberFan

« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:03 PM »

I agree that both signings seemed great at the time they were made. However, football GMing is based on results and Walters going back as far as Nick Moore, Kenny Stafford, Adarious Bowman, and Chris Matthews has an abysmal record of signing FA receivers. It's not even debateable. It's not necessarily Walters fault in most cases, but he has to wear his record...the good and the bad.

Ha, I'd totally forgot that we'd signed Kenny Stafford! Like, if you didn't bring it up, I would have never thought about it again.

Nick Moore, I agree, was also a bust, between the injuries and the average numbers when he wasn't injured. I like Weston Dressler--and he had some key receptions and TD's here and there-- but out of his three seasons with us, just one was a 1000 yard season and the other two were marginal due to injuries and a reduced role. I can't blame Walters though......he's signing the big FA guys that other teams would shell out some big money on. For whatever reason, they just don't work out.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »

I honestly don't think that it will.
RebusRankin

« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2019, 10:57:28 PM »

Matthews was making $107,000. Seriously, people Bauming tweeted it.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »

Actually, that's not super huge money. I kind of wonder if--when the NFL dream dies--some guys just don't have that fire anymore.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2019, 11:35:21 PM »

Actually, that's not super huge money. I kind of wonder if--when the NFL dream dies--some guys just don't have that fire anymore.
Not we haven?t see that a few hundred times up here. Ask Ontario Smith aka The Blue Bonger.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2019, 04:12:22 AM »

I think that was what was left of his contract this year, that wasn't the total amount of his salary.

O'Shea made it abundantly clear in his interview yesterday, Matthews lost his position to Lawler, nobody expected it but it happened.  It's time for Lawler to prove O'Shea right by making some very big plays.

bowlerdude

« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2019, 05:19:01 AM »

did he actually or is that from the tweet that we save about 50k?

if its the latter, that's because we don't get any savings from bonuses that we've already paid

I've read through his Twitter and don't see that and i also sincerely doubt Matthews (or anyone) would've signed long term at that tiny salary, but if he did tweet that number specifically I stand corrected
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 05:25:04 AM by bowlerdude » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2019, 06:48:39 AM »

3 down Nation reporting that Matthews has signed with Montreal

And where is needs-to-cheat-to-stay-under-cap MTL coming up with any $$ to pay Matthews??  They were cheating to stay under the cap, ergo now that they're not cheating anymore, they are at or over the cap.

I think Matthews should have gone to BC.  Bench clown Carter and let MR chuck the big balls up to CM.  Yet another mistake by BC's GM/HC.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »

And where is needs-to-cheat-to-stay-under-cap MTL coming up with any $$ to pay Matthews??  They were cheating to stay under the cap, ergo now that they're not cheating anymore, they are at or over the cap.

I think Matthews should have gone to BC.  Bench clown Carter and let MR chuck the big balls up to CM.  Yet another mistake by BC's GM/HC.

no worries and no need to cheat... they're being ran by the league, lol...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gobombersgo

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2019, 08:23:08 AM »

Not we haven?t see that a few hundred times up here. Ask Ontario Smith aka The Blue Bonger.

Roberts sure didn't like that signing. I was at Smith's first practice - he was injured and rode a bike on the sideline the whole time.

After practice the media wanted some comments regarding Smith from Roberts but he ran away from them and hid under the grandstand. Lol

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2019, 08:25:27 AM »

Roberts sure didn't like that signing. I was at Smith's first practice - he was injured and rode a bike on the sideline the whole time.

After practice the media wanted some comments regarding Smith from Roberts but he ran away from them and hid under the grandstand. Lol
I think I was their for that one as well. Dude had huge calves. Oh well he sure loved that wizzinator!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: