Blue Bombers Forum
June 01, 2020, 07:19:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "A costly fumble" - Andrew Harris story  (Read 1659 times)
the paw

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 07:56:40 PM »

Quality supplements have Informed Choice Certified. There label reads Trusted by Sport.  Banned substances tested by the World class sports anti doping lab, LGC (formerly HFL Sport Science. Why would he take supplements if they are not certified? If this is the case he made a huge mistake.

www.informed-choice.org

Take all your supplements and get them tested. Not very difficult to do.  He has the money and resources.

Not really a viable strategy. 

First, there would be no "chain of custody" on the evidence to ensure that any subsequent test would be seen as valid.  If Harris posts an article saying he has a lab report confirming the problem next week, skeptics such as yourself will throw shade at the lab or testing process, sure as anything.

Second, Harris can't name the company or the product unless (a) he can prove the contamination and (b) he is prepared to litigate it at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars. 

Thirdly, even if he could successfully litigate it, it will be tied up in the courts until he is retired.  And there is little chance he would recover the amount spent on legal fees and associated costs, even if he wins.  He's not an NFL multi-millionaire, with a huge Nike endorsement deal.  He's a CFL running back making a nice salary in the twilight of his career.  Rolling the dice by spending $20k on legal fees takes food off his kids table.  It's not a prudent move.  It's all very well to beak off about "preserving his reputation" but in real life, people have to consider actual costs and the risk to the financial well-being of their family. 

The one point I would agree with you on is that he may have been careless in using something that was not certified. For that error, he is taking a 2 game suspension and facing a world of embarassment. 

grab grass 'n growl
DM83

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »

Pay the money and. Get the pills tested. Clears his name and reputation if they are contaminated.
Hey maybe the CFL used lab was contaminated.

Let's get to the bottom of this.
bomb squad

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »

It's very simple if he is telling the truth then go after the supplement company.  If it's swept under a rug and nothing comes of it then he is guilty in my eyes.  Who wouldn't want to have their name cleared?  I have seen this song and dance over the years with athletes getting caught and then blaming the supplements.  I just don't buy his story, and having Dianabol in a supplement NO WAY that is happening.

Very simple? Who's going to it? Harris himself? He's still got a job to do that demands his full attention, even if he's not playing games for a few weeks. The Bombers? I don't think so, they have other priorities. Pay somebody? Sue? What if he gets his "proof" and goes after them? You don't think they will fight back with everything they have? You bet they will and they will have corporate resources at their disposal.  Harris is not a wealthy athlete and I'm sure it will be expensive. I'm not saying he shouldn't at least look into it, or even do it, even if it's in the off-season. But it is anything but simple.
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »

It's very simple if he is telling the truth then go after the supplement company.  If it's swept under a rug and nothing comes of it then he is guilty in my eyes.  Who wouldn't want to have their name cleared?  I have seen this song and dance over the years with athletes getting caught and then blaming the supplements.  I just don't buy his story, and having Dianabol in a supplement NO WAY that is happening.
How do you know that he's not having it tested? It costs money and takes time to do. In the meantime he can't specifically name anyone without proof or he'll be the one getting sued for slander.
booch

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »

Many studies have ben done showing anabolic steriods in wide range of supplemts...including Dbol...just saying
booch

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »

Lots of quality supplements out there that have the NSF and ICC stamp...costs them money to get that..and some companies couldn't be bothered...and they are legit Banned substance free supplements...i could piss in a bottle and get it certified and sell it to whomever too...does that mean it's good?
PurpleReign

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2019, 09:00:45 PM »

How do you know that he's not having it tested? It costs money and takes time to do. In the meantime he can't specifically name anyone without proof or he'll be the one getting sued for slander.

I hope he does do something. I would love nothing more than for him to clear his name.  I can't imagine how this is affecting him and his family.  I hope he comes back and plays like he never has before.  Guy has done so much for the community I wish him the very best putting this scandal behind him.
lenny

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »

Gee it's been widely reported that even in common health supplements there are hidden steroids and other substances. He was taking an anti-oxidant and natural testosterone enhancer. "The majority of muscle building supplements were tainted by unlabeled anabolic steroids, the report said."

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/whats-in-your-supplements

The only thing to be said here is that Harris was playing with fire because I truly believe him on this point. Maybe he thought because he had taken natural supplements for years and there was never a problem  that there wouldn't be a problem. He was wrong and as he stated learned a hard lesson from this.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: