Blue Bombers Forum
June 01, 2020, 06:16:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's in store for Dom Davis in 2019?  (Voting closed: September 04, 2019, 07:22:08 AM)
Starts more games because the coaches think he's the best choice - 5 (17.9%)
Starts more games only if Jennings gets hurt - 10 (35.7%)
Starts more games only if all other QBs get hurt - 2 (7.1%)
Never starts in OTT again - 4 (14.3%)
Never starts in the CFL again - 7 (25%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dom Davis Done?  (Read 1652 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 09:13:00 PM »

I think OTT is in trouble because of coaching more than anything... losing Elizondo and not replacing him was a huge error.  Hand the gig to Dyce, or PaoPao once Elizondo heads to the XFL.  Leaving the spot open send a message of complete disarray...  evidenced by what has happened.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 09:50:39 PM »

He?s done. Will be #2 for the remainder of season then kicked to the curb and no other team picks him up
BigBomberFan

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 10:23:56 PM »

Ottawa reminds me a lot of Montreal for the past couple of years (until Vernon Adams Jr had got better) and also Toronto, where it's a week to week evaluation on who didn't completely stink the joint out in the previous game.  Grin Now is the time for Jennings to prove that he can be a starter again; if not--I mean, the bar isn't very high right now--his career may be done.
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 10:30:05 PM »

A good story on Tim and Sid today. Justin Dunk said VA got out of the Montreal party life to become a good pro QB.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 10:36:52 PM »

A good story on Tim and Sid today. Justin Dunk said VA got out of the Montreal party life to become a good pro QB.

That might be the difference for him--concentrating more on preparation and work ethic? It's showing.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »

Decent backup, emergency starter.  I hope he can get over this.  We need more talent in the CFL.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 04:19:20 AM »

Either way the RB's starting with Davis and Jennings as #2 was a fools paradise. In the case of DD he hadn't really done much of anything and Jennings looked like a man who had forgoten how to play QB. I think the organization did its fan base a disservice  by letting Harris go because they didn't want to pony up. Harris stated , "It wasn't a thing where I was chasing dollars or anything like that. I wanted to be back, I wanted to finish my career there and I don?t regret saying that. I thought that was going to happen."

But the story of him leaving has some other permutations.

Not having a viable starting QB in any league is playing with fire. Neither of the two guys above are starters.

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/whys-trevor-harris-not-still-a-redblack-its-about-more-than-the-money/wcm/1e28dfae-ce5a-48d5-a503-441b036044fc

Desjardins and Campbell are playing with fire, burning through 4 seasons of goodwill and competence with one hopeless parade of ineptitude this season.  I don't think their leash is quite as long as they think it is, if they fail to to find an accomplished QB for next season and roll with another dead-duck starter, I think that could well be the end of the line for one or both.  Ottawa fans have grown accustomed to having a very competitive team and won't tolerate becoming an Eastern bottom-feeder, it wouldn't surprise me if the team's private owners have the same perspective.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:38:43 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: