Blue Bombers Forum
June 05, 2020, 02:03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives for our # 3 QB  (Read 3832 times)
DM83

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2019, 12:42:52 AM »

In reality, all these. Backups are kind of weak.  Fajardo looks. Good b/c Sask hasn't played very good teams.
MBT is a turn-over machine, but what if he had an O line and a defence in front of him?

Arbuckle I considered a starter.  He is head and shoulders above the rest

Poor Ottawa, they are up the crock without a paddle. Davis should be cut

Harsh
Ridermania

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2019, 12:46:28 AM »

Pipkin may be on the market as they just extended Schiltz for next year.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »

Pipkin may be on the market as they just extended Schiltz for next year.

I don't like the idea of Pipkin that much.  But... he may make a good fit in WPG (MOS locker room type guy, etc, yada) and he's cheap enough we could maybe keep him around on the PR as #3 in 2020.

I still think Franklin is miles away the best realistic option for WPG, as a backup to Strev.

But my dream option, if Strev fails to win much, is to rent Mike Reilly from BC for the last 5-ish games and the postseason, then hand him back to BC for 2020.  Most of MR's salary has been paid already by BC.  BC is out of the playoffs in 1-2 weeks pretty much guaranteed.  BC could develop their #2 during season-garbage-time.  And MR would probably love to come win a cup/ring in WPG rather than get pummelled in BC for no reason whatsoever.

I still think Strev gets'er'done and we just sign some whomever as #3 until Nichols comes back to win the GC.

Never go full Rider!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »

Pretty hard to find a vet QB who has already left the game who would be willing to put his outside life on hold for 6 months with no real hope of being given a shot at playing. I'm sure that thought ran through Kevin Glenn's mind when he turned down the Bombers offer after they barely let him touch the field in the second half of 2016, despite having opportunities to finish out many games, it's clear O'Shea had absolutely no intention of playing him. 

If they do sign Franklin he will immediately jump in front of McGuire and probably push him to the PR, that may be reasonable but it could also piss him off.  I wouldn't mind signing Franklin as it gives them more security at the QB position for next year if Streveler decides to leave during the upcoming F.A., should be able to retain one of the two.  Given time with a good team I think Franklin could slowly return to the form that got him noticed in Edm, much as Vernon Adams has with the Als.  Patience and a good O-line is needed.
Pigskin

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2019, 01:17:29 PM »

And it's Kevin Anderson. The End.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: