Blue Bombers Forum
May 29, 2020, 06:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games  (Read 15347 times)
the paw

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »

Harris' explanation sounds reasonable, but its basically the same product contamination every culprit gives.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  You peed wrong, do the time. 

I think any athlete that relies on supplements that are manufactured runs a risk of not knowing exactly what is in their body.  Maybe stick to fruits and vegetables instead.....

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »

I'm still in a state of disbelief....well we are down three of our best offensive players....will it be possible to pull this off with Streveler and Johnny Augustine?   Talk about the worst possible timing....well I guess it's next man up and we'll see what JA has.

We might see Santiago activated. If that happens I'd guess that it would be at the expense of an import receiver. Lawler perhaps.

They could juggle the roster of DI's keeping the import receiver on the roster but not starting. Someone like K. Jones as a DI LB or M. Jones as a DI DB could be bumped to accomplish that.

No more excuses.
Norlorne Dr.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »

Stated above "Based on the fact pattern, this is clearly a case of product contamination."

Now whether people believe that or not is another story.

Pardon my possible ignorance, but what on earth is contaminated with an anabolic steroid which is hardly even used anymore?  D-bol was big in the 90s and has rarely been used for years.  This theory seems like a bit of a stretch.  
Ridermania

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »

Not going to poke fun about the Harris incident.

Hope it was just an unfortunate accident and he comes back clean for the rest of his career.

Really wonder why he has been tested so many times?

Where there's smoke there is fire.
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 02:33:31 PM »

Hope it was just an unfortunate accident and he comes back clean for the rest of his career.

Tests are random. Not sure how many are done each week or what the decision basis used might be.

No more excuses.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »

He?s guilty as can be, probably thought he?s been tested so much this year already and how much he?s been used and a heavy workload with Nichols out he could heat the system for awhile.
Donny C

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »

Harris' explanation sounds reasonable, but its basically the same product contamination every culprit gives.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  You peed wrong, do the time. 

I think any athlete that relies on supplements that are manufactured runs a risk of not knowing exactly what is in their body.  Maybe stick to fruits and vegetables instead.....

Very true. Where does he go from here? Throw out all his product and hope the next batch doesn't have anything in it.

I also believe that he did not take it knowingly.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 02:37:06 PM »

I'm with Harris on this one. He doesn't seem like the cheating type.
TBURGESS

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »

I don't believe Harris for a minute and he's one of my favourite players.

Sucks for the team to be without our MOP running back and taints his accomplishments.

Most tested = They thought Harris was doing something wrong.

It's going to be kinda uncomfortable next time Harris sees Hecht.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
the paw

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 02:40:35 PM »

Pardon my possible ignorance, but what on earth is contaminated with an anabolic steroid which is hardly even used anymore?  D-bol was big in the 90s and has rarely been used for years.  This theory seems like a bit of a stretch.  

D-bol is still manufactured and available in Mexico. It remains one of the most widely used anabolic steriods by suburban muscleheads who don't have to worry about getting tested.  It's not inconceivable that a manufacturing plan in Mexico also puts out protein powder or something, and that there was cross contamination.

On the other hand, Harris assertion that the dirty test came 12 days after the clean test, and therefore show he wasn't taking it for PED effects doesn't necessarily hold water.  It may have been taken post game to aid in muscle recovery.

We can't know the truth, so I am trying not to draw positive or negative conclusions from all this. The test was dirty.  Do the time and move on.  

grab grass 'n growl
rubanski

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »

The narrative of a player in his 30's playing the best football of his life likely leads to the extra tests. Other than that, where's the smoke?

All the athletes use supplements. It's about cranking as much legal good stuff in to your system as you can to maximize the value of your workouts.

So where do the supplements come from? Pardon my ignorance, but I assume there are banned PEDs that aren't actually illegal. In that case, the same guys making the approved juice are making the unapproved juice, and had product contamination at the shop.

Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »

I never trust any athlete that says they don't know where it comes from.  Can't change that just because it's our guy.

I would think he should be tested every game now the rest of the year.  Interesting to see if his play drops off a lot.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2019, 02:43:07 PM »

I don't believe Harris for a minute and he's one of my favourite players.

Sucks for the team to be without our MOP running back and taints his accomplishments.

Most tested = They thought Harris was doing something wrong.

It's going to be kinda uncomfortable next time Harris sees Hecht.

They say it's random for any player who has never tested positive. Are you saying that the official league policy is secretly different? Otherwise, that statement is not true.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 02:43:52 PM »

I want to believe this however these athletes need to understand what they put into their bodies....he was having such a great season and on pace to win another rushing title.   Very disappointing as this affects the whole team and in the biggest two games of the year!   Not sure how this will impact the psyche of the team and they have all week to think about it!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
bowlerdude

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »

So does the idea that he was clean forever including 10 days prior and then decided to take an anabolic steroid that is hardly even used anymore, no?

Tests are random. More testing absolutely does not mean they suspect anything. That is against the CBA and the PA would be all over that if they thought anything weird was going on.

He?s guilty as can be, probably thought he?s been tested so much this year already and how much he?s been used and a heavy workload with Nichols out he could heat the system for awhile.

the test he failed was in early July, so that definitely wasn't his thought process

I agree his statement makes sense, but is essentially the same defense everyone uses. I'd obviously like to think he's clean and took something that had been contaminated. Not ready to either anoint him a cheater or to proclaim his innocence at this time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: