Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 09:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & Eskimos 8/23/2019  (Read 2374 times)
jammer316

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »

Now if Strevler can just get throwing you would have one scary QB.Never would have thought you would win a game with 90 yards passing but still a good win!Way to go boys
booch

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »

The throwing will come..let him settle in..this game was like offensive scheming in a game..run to set up the pass

Teams are gonna be so wary now of the dual run threat..and implemation of sweeps and other runs with Luxky and Demski (which he didnt even use)
That the passing options will open right up
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »

All Streveler needs is time. His passing game will develop as he builds experience playing. I'm excited to see his progression.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »

Streveler had few nice throws dropped. If I can give a negative it would be to our receivers. With a back-up QB receivers need to step up, now the weather probably had some blame.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »

Not a work of art but a great victory aga?nst a top notch opponent. Before anyone says but you can't win like that in the playoffs...i will say this...in cold weather that is EXACTLY how you win in the playoffs.

Yep, totally. Especially considering that it was raining, I'd expected a defensive battle for the most part where they were grinding it out on the ground.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »

Nobody has a defence that is geared to stop such a run-heavy offence. I remember back in the day watching NFL Prime Time when they used to highlight 300-yard passing games by QBs and 100-yard rushing games by RBs. Well, if you equate those to stats to being somewhat equivalent in their impact on the game, then our run game is as elite as other team's passing game. That's a good trade off.

The only good games are the games we win. I'm not a big fan of art, so it doesn't have to be a work of art. Just win. By any means necessary.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
TBURGESS

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »

We just beat the 2nd best team in the league, in the rain, in their stadium, with our backup QB, several other big injuries and we didn't even throw for 90 yards. Surprised the heck out of me in a good way.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
kkc60

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 01:55:42 PM »

Two games in a row... his only 2 starts.  To be fair to him, he is a green raw rookie thrust into the fire, and in that regard he is doing great!  And I expect nothing but great things from him in a year or two.  However, he is the weak link right now and in no way shape or form should he be our starting LG for much longer.  Neuf or an IMP need to be in place for the last 3+ games and post-season.
Oh yeah no I'm not calling him a bust or anything. But as it stands, if we are starting a Canadian DE we may as well exhaust all of our options at guard
66 Chevelle

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 08:47:04 PM »

We just beat the 2nd best team in the league, in the rain, in their stadium, with our backup QB, several other big injuries and we didn't even throw for 90 yards. Surprised the heck out of me in a good way.

well, when you put it like that, lol...

seriously, though, that says a lot about the make up of this team and what it can be capable of...  they'll beat you how ever that have to in order to win whether it be O, D, or special teams...

I didn't think that the O line gave Streveler much time last night and that Harris and Streveler didn't have many holes to run thru...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: