Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 08:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & Eskimos 8/23/2019  (Read 2373 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 03:51:11 AM »

We've got to get more effective thru the air... I'm going to heed the advice said here earlier and be patient and see if we can improve next week with the additional time at practice...

hopefully getting this win under Streveler's, and the team's, belt will help to settle his nerves a bit and his passing will get better... he was so much better throwing the ball last year for whatever reason...  he had a couple of drops as well, but, to be fair, they weren't placed the best by Streveler... he could have made them an easier catch, but, it's still on our guys to make the plays...

really hating that Edmonton got a major on us though... 1 freaking play, lol...

but all in all, a good win against a good opponent... take it everytime...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GCn19

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 03:52:10 AM »

Not a work of art but a great victory aga?nst a top notch opponent. Before anyone says but you can't win like that in the playoffs...i will say this...in cold weather that is EXACTLY how you win in the playoffs.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 03:53:06 AM »

Our return game was a little weak tonight.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 03:54:54 AM »

didn't take a lot of them as I think fumbles were the concern...i suspect the field may have been slick...the little reverse to Whitehead was nice but thought maybe he cut in too soon...
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 03:56:23 AM »

Wolitarsky a bad drop. Again.
I'm not mad about Strevelers stat line. Conditions plus the leagues best D. The fact we won is enough for me

I like Sayles and Rose but I'd argue they had a bad game. 207 receiving yards today for Daniels is bad. Like I said in the game day thread, Daniels could lose us the game. But he didn't.

I actually like our utilization of Whitehead. He isn't getting too much but we aren't forcing anything.

Desjarlais had a rough day
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 03:59:25 AM »

Also would've liked to see more McAllister down the stretch. I know he's super new (kinda) but hopefully we can get him up to speed and starting (unless we wanna start Kongbo and William's, moving Desjarlais to 6th OL).
blue girl

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 03:59:46 AM »

Not a work of art but a great victory aga?nst a top notch opponent. Before anyone says but you can't win like that in the playoffs...i will say this...in cold weather that is EXACTLY how you win in the playoffs.
I don't know how many of you remember the 2011 EF that was played in freezing conditions but they won that by mostly running the ball. With special teams, the D line and running the ball they can do it again.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 04:03:27 AM »

We currently have a great rounded team that can beat you one day with our D, or our special teams, or with our place kicker who is money when games are on the line...or with the long ball as Nichols still has the most passing TDs....or with our ball control ground and pound run oriented offence.    We have players in all 3 phases that make big time plays when they need them.    We win as a complete team and we are 8-2 for the first time in nearly 2 decades.   

AND....we did it against one of the best Ds in the league and arguably the best O in the league.....however we have better special teams and a D that makes BIG plays at crucial times.   At 8-2 the Bombers are the best team in the league because of our overall team balance and depth.   How many of our starters are out?

Need I say more??

Nah!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:29:22 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
blue girl

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 04:11:45 AM »

We currently have a great rounded team that can beat you one day with our D, or our special teams, or with our place kicker who is money when games are on the line...or with our ball control run oriented offence.    We have players in all 3 phases that make big time plays when they need them.    We win as a complete team and we are 8-2 for the first time in nearly 2 decades.   

AND....we did it against one of the best Ds in the league and arguably the best O in the league.....however we have better special teams and a D that makes BIG plays at crucial times.   At 8-2 the Bombers are the best team in the league because of our overall team balance and depth.   How many of our starters are out?

Need I say more??

Nah!
You're right. If you had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be 8-2 and list the starters that are out I'd have told you that you were crazy. I've been tough on our scouts in the past but I've got to admit that they've done a great job of finding players.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2019, 04:14:09 AM »

We've got to get more effective thru the air... I'm going to heed the advice said here earlier and be patient and see if we can improve next week with the additional time at practice...

hopefully getting this win under Streveler's, and the team's, belt will help to settle his nerves a bit and his passing will get better... he was so much better throwing the ball last year for whatever reason...  he had a couple of drops as well, but, to be fair, they weren't placed the best by Streveler... he could have made them an easier catch, but, it's still on our guys to make the plays...

really hating that Edmonton got a major on us though... 1 freaking play, lol...

but all in all, a good win against a good opponent... take it everytime...  Grin

Don't expect to see a whole lot of improvement in Streveler's game, most likely that there was the blueprint for the offence they will run under him.  He may improve his passing numbers somewhat but the style of the attack will look much the same, short passes mixed in with heavy running.  As long as they're winning, style points won't be counted, "what you see, is what you get".
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 04:31:06 AM »

Don't expect to see a whole lot of improvement in Streveler's game, most likely that there was the blueprint for the offence they will run under him.  He may improve his passing numbers somewhat but the style of the attack will look much the same, short passes mixed in with heavy running.  As long as they're winning, style points won't be counted, "what you see, is what you get".

What ?

I think Lapo will call the same game

It wont matter if its Matt or Strev       the game will remain the same

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 04:36:08 AM »

You're right. If you had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be 8-2 and list the starters that are out I'd have told you that you were crazy. I've been tough on our scouts in the past but I've got to admit that they've done a great job of finding players.
Thanks.....yes we keep bringing in new players like Grant and now McCallister who made an impact immediately....the team's "next man up" mantra certainly has taken them a long way this season.

Next we play the Riders in the Banjo Bowl which for Rider fans is equivalent to the Grey Cup.....I think Streveler will do well in this game and Jefferson who said he played the best game of his career today, will be pumped as well.  

I think at the very worst, we can split with the Riders.....maybe even win both but let's not get ahead of ourselves and savour this win for a spell!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:39:37 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
swansong

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 06:00:22 AM »

he had a couple of drops as well, but, to be fair, they weren't placed the best by Streveler... he could have made them an easier catch

He hit Demski, Matthews and Wolitarski right in the hands. You want him to run up and hand it to them  Huh Wink
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:50:45 AM by swansong » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »

Yes, compared to previous weeks... but it was a better return game than EDM's!  And it was much better than our 2018 average.

Desjarlais had a rough day

Two games in a row... his only 2 starts.  To be fair to him, he is a green raw rookie thrust into the fire, and in that regard he is doing great!  And I expect nothing but great things from him in a year or two.  However, he is the weak link right now and in no way shape or form should he be our starting LG for much longer.  Neuf or an IMP need to be in place for the last 3+ games and post-season.

I don't know how many of you remember the 2011 EF that was played in freezing conditions but they won that by mostly running the ball. With special teams, the D line and running the ball they can do it again.

Ya, then that awful CFL had the GC scheduled in the cozy warm BC Place.  Argh!  Fate bit us again.

At least this year the GC will be played in some nice and cold conditions.

Never go full Rider!
John T.

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »

The 1988 Bombers are proof that you can win like that in the playoffs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: