Blue Bombers Forum
March 30, 2020, 05:32:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: The PRE GAME AND WEEKEND LABOUR DAY CLASSIC THREAD WITH GOLDIES UPDATES!!!  (Read 7217 times)
Donny C

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »

On the other hand, Sask won't know WPG's game plan for this week.
Horseman

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2019, 02:53:48 PM »

Well, it is now a real uphill battle for the Bombers without Harris.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »

Well, it is now a real uphill battle for the Bombers without Harris.
Yep....losing your starting QB is bad enough....then losing your MOP offensive player to a failed drug test is another.   This will affect the teams overall psyche at some level....and if they somehow manage to win even one of the next two games it will be a minor miracle.   The Rider fans will be ALL over this and will show NO mercy.   Feel bad for Streveler being put in this situation.....talk about trial by fire!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
theaardvark

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »

Augustine gets a chance to show his stuff, Lucky gets more fly sweep touches, Streveler runs more (if that is possible) and the whole team rallies and wins both games "For Andrew".

Adams is back, which give Streveler even more targets to throw at.  Maybe toss McGuire in for a changeup, catch the SSK D in "coming downhill, ears pinned back" mode...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »

just be more satisfying beating them without him...wonder what excuses they will have for that.

Andrew is good...but a big part of our run game has been oline play..receivers blocking..we'll be fine..Augustine I am sure will give it 100 percent..and this is a good thing in it may make us actually be more diversified..
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »

We will really miss Andrew's experience out there in a big game. However, I think Augustine is capable and a little bit faster. Won't be as polished but youthful speed might open up some runs to the outside and other things that Harris can't really do anymore.
bluengold204

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »

Augustine gets a chance to show his stuff, Lucky gets more fly sweep touches, Streveler runs more (if that is possible) and the whole team rallies and wins both games "For Andrew".

Adams is back, which give Streveler even more targets to throw at.  Maybe toss McGuire in for a changeup, catch the SSK D in "coming downhill, ears pinned back" mode...

I hope they rally and win both games but certainly not for a cheater
theaardvark

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2019, 03:52:50 PM »

You'd think a guy who tested positive for trace amounts of a substance that he had tested clean for 10 days before with uring and blood tests wouldn't deserve the instant badge of cheater...

And yes, I think that every player on the team believes what he is saying about it being an accident / contamination of a supplement.  They know what Harris does to keep in shape.  Juice is the last thing he needs.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:24:35 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »

if he was using that drug he would be dosing every second day...so it would not show trace amounts...also he would not have passed any of the other 3 tests prior to this last one
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »

The Bombers as a team now face the ultimate test....this next game will say a lot about our team!

bowlerdude

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »

Regarding Cody Fajardo, we should note that in terms of points against, Ottawa, Toronto and BC are by far the three worst defenses in the league.

Fajardo has played those defenses 5 times: 113/150, 1478 yards, 8 TDs, 2 INTs
But in 4 games against teams that don't have a bottom-3 defense: 58/84, 634 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

Fajardo has looked better than I expected this season, but I still think the two games where he went off on Ottawa and Toronto early in the year are buoying his reputation a little bit. I think our defense is good enough to give him all sorts of trouble.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »

Yep....losing your starting QB is bad enough....then losing your MOP offensive player to a failed drug test is another.   This will affect the teams overall psyche at some level....and if they somehow manage to win even one of the next two games it will be a minor miracle.   The Rider fans will be ALL over this and will show NO mercy.   Feel bad for Streveler being put in this situation.....talk about trial by fire!

All the more reason to double down on a Bomber sweep, showing the Riders they are the better team even without their two top players.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »

All the more reason to double down on a Bomber sweep, showing the Riders they are the better team even without their two top players.
their top two offensive players....lucky we have Jefferson and Biggie a former MODP and likely this year's MODP on the same team.   

bluengold204

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2019, 06:04:23 PM »

Wow... quick to judge, there.  A "cheater".  You'd think a guy who tested positive for trace amounts of a substance that he had tested clean for 10 days before with uring and blood tests wouldn't deserve the instant badge of cheater...

And yes, I think that every player on the team believes what he is saying about it being an accident / contamination of a supplement.  They know what Harris does to keep in shape.  Juice is the last thing he needs.

You and Harris can spin it anyway you want, fact is he tested positive for a banned performance enhancing drug, thus making him a cheater.
TBURGESS

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2019, 06:09:40 PM »

The cross contamination argument makes me laugh. Where would they get cross contaminated from in the first place? The off season performance enhancing drugs?

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: