Blue Bombers Forum
March 30, 2020, 06:38:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: The PRE GAME AND WEEKEND LABOUR DAY CLASSIC THREAD WITH GOLDIES UPDATES!!!  (Read 7222 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 12:09:35 AM »

Just like Edm. the Riders are a good team. To think of them as anything less would be foolish. They will be at home in a fully sold out stadium riding a win streak. I expect us to loose, but hey we passed for under 90 yards in Edm. and we not only won we controlled the game......Can our defence do it again? Can our specials put up some points? strev. can't run for almost 100 yrds again...can he? One thing i have learnt about this years Bombers is expect the unexpected
Absolutely....they are riding high winning 5 straight....to our 3 so two of the hottest teams facing off back to back.   OK the Cats have won 3 straight as well with their back up but we just finished beating Calgary, BC and Edmonton so really no comparison.   The crowd will be insane as usual so the best way to take the fans out of the game is to pressure their O and create havoc for Fajardo.....we just might see a few more wrinkles from Strevs now that he has had some reps and pulled off his first start of the year.

But make no mistake, this will be perhaps an even tougher game than Edmonton....

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2019, 12:11:45 AM »

Absolutely....they are riding high winning 5 straight....to our 3 so two of the hottest teams facing off back to back.   OK the Cats have won 3 straight as well with their back up but we just finished beating Calgary, BC and Edmonton so really no comparison.   The crowd will be insane as usual so the best way to take the fans out of the game is to pressure their O and create havoc for Fajardo.....we just might see a few more wrinkles from Strevs now that he has had some reps and pulled off his first start of the year.

But make no mistake, this will be perhaps an even tougher game than Edmonton....

Your last statement is very debatable.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2019, 12:20:29 AM »

OK...you win the debate!   It's definitely going to be wilder well....unless of course we blow them out....then it will be hauntingly quiet.   I'm expecting a close game....with the last team with the ball either winning it or maybe not....I do like our chances though!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2019, 12:27:22 AM »

OK...you win the debate!   It's definitely going to be wilder well....unless of course we blow them out....then it will be hauntingly quiet.   I'm expecting a close game....with the last team with the ball either winning it or maybe not....I do like our chances though!

oh ya no prob. Edmonton is a better team than Regina. That is what I meant. If we can go into Edmonton with a back up QB and win we can go into Regina and do the same. Streveler will need to deal with a noise factor however. It is good he experienced it in last years LDC so he knows what he is getting into.
But in my experience the noise hurt not only the Offensive communication but it gets the D all jacked up forcing off sides etc...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:30:20 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

Ridermania

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2019, 12:27:51 AM »

Most reasonable Rider fans are calling the split home and home series. A few posters on their I am not gonna mention by name seem to posting about the Blue Bombers 4 drinks deep on a Sunday. No language limitations on that forum as well.

Plus I can see how the female Rider fans will not like that forum.

Hey Ridermania keep us up on what is going on in your town this weekend?

I will get this together tomorrow and post!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 12:41:10 AM »

I will get this together tomorrow and post!

thank You!

DM83

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »

Strev hit his recivers for. 250'yards this last game!  Unfortunately receivers literally dropped the ball. Watch the replay when TSN airs it.

Plus Sasks defensive line all,full,of themselves, won't get half the pressure on #17.  Plus their DBS aren't. Too enthusiastic filling to support the run when either of those two beasts we have carrying the ball.

Fajardo, ain't no Harris.

Bombers are better up and down the roster.

Is Elominium done?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »

I got my tickets today. Bringing my non-football loving wife and her friend. The wife will be wearing her Rider shirt just to bug me and it'll be great. I'm excited.

Your wife is not a football but she's very loving?  That's good.  Wink

You guys definitely need to get on kiss-cam: blue jersey smooching green jersey, should get all jersey colors in the crowd fired up!  Might make TSN!

Ballsy on the Riders Roundtable just said that Streveler is a terrible quarterback and that he?s the worst starting quarterback in the CFL. He also predicted a 33-10 win against them.

Haha!  We'll show Ballsy who the worst starting QB is when Faker Fajardo has to face out D!  If you watch carefully, he's basically playing the B.Bridge 2018 game plan with some deep passes thrown in.  All sorts of short passes and very wide outs.  This game will show the real Fajardo, and it won't be pretty!

SSK D is somewhat good, though.  But not great: just look at how SSK D was on their heels whenever Jennings got a drive going.  They get rattled easily if they don't get you 2 & out, especially with a smart mix of run/pass.

Couldn?t be more excited to see beast man aka Willie Jefferson brings. I see a Winston Rose pick as well. Would not be surprised to see the Riders falling to 1 dimensional offence. Nevis Richardson and Fatboi will have something to say about that.

Riders were 1 dimensional vs bottom-barrel OTT last night.  Their run game was non-existent until OTT lost all morale and Powell then opened it up.  Thigpen was a non-entity.  Powell was shutdown surprisingly well by OTT D for 3 Q's.  And they think they will be running against our D?  It'll be just like vs EDM... their rush gets 1 explosion play, and the rest of the night they are shutdown.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
booch

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

i agree...Edmonton is the more well balanced team
booch

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »

Fartado's deep ball is horrible...hangs up there and on pretty much everyone of them receiver had to stop and wait, or come back to it....i think I recall one to Moore where he hit  him in stride. The deep shots at first caught teams off-gaurd as they didn't expect or think  he could throw deep...the last few games teams have caught on to it, and the as have mentioned, reverted back to the BRIDGE era offence
Ridermania

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »

Who has the better pending free agent as their backup quarterback: The Saskatchewan Roughriders with Cody Fajardo or the Winnipeg Blue Bombers with Chris Streveler?

We should get back-to-back games to help with that assessment because the teams are heading for their annual rivalry games, the Labour Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl. In addition to the importance the games will have atop the CFL's West standings, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan are also figuring out their quarterback situations.

Fajardo has excelled in the starting role he assumed when starter Zach Collaros got hurt and then traded. Saskatchewan won its fifth straight game under Fajardo's command with a blowout Saturday over the Ottawa Redblacks.

Bombers starter Matt Nichols just suffered a long-term injury, giving Streveler a chance to prove he can start in Winnipeg, or maybe somewhere else.

Streveler and Fajardo can become free agents when their contracts expire in February. Their respective teams would certainly like to re-sign them, but these upcoming games can help determine their real value.

https://www.cjme.com/2019/08/26/darrell-davis-big-series-for-bombersriders-and-their-qbs/

booch

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »

These games will be won by the team with the better all around talent, and the more complete team...not due to the QB'ing if you ask me...If anything it may be a case of the QB on one team or another being the big reason why they lost...we shall see
TBURGESS

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »

Edmonton's a better team than Regina, but every week is a new challenge, so we can't take them lightly.

I can understand folks thinking that if they just stop the run they can beat us. That's way easier said than done and it hasn't been our offence that's been winning us most games this year anyway. It's been all 3 phases chipping in.

I like Streveler. He's a young QB with a lot of upside, but he's extremely inexperienced right now. The Riders have a good defence that could confuse him and we aren't likely playing in a rainstorm which favours the team that runs best. We'll get a better idea of where Streveler is in his progression to starting QB in the next couple of weeks.

It's hard win both ends of back to backs, so I think we'll split.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
rubanski

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2019, 01:56:27 PM »

Edmonton's a better team than Regina, but every week is a new challenge, so we can't take them lightly.

Both middle of the pack in the West. Edm has only beat teams with a losing record.

Regretfully I'll be watching with the outlaws in Crane Valley, SK. If I have to watch with a bunch of Rider fans, would rather be at the game...

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »

Your wife is not a football but she's very loving?  That's good.  Wink

You guys definitely need to get on kiss-cam: blue jersey smooching green jersey, should get all jersey colors in the crowd fired up!  Might make TSN!

Haha!  We'll show Ballsy who the worst starting QB is when Faker Fajardo has to face out D!  If you watch carefully, he's basically playing the B.Bridge 2018 game plan with some deep passes thrown in.  All sorts of short passes and very wide outs.  This game will show the real Fajardo, and it won't be pretty!

SSK D is somewhat good, though.  But not great: just look at how SSK D was on their heels whenever Jennings got a drive going.  They get rattled easily if they don't get you 2 & out, especially with a smart mix of run/pass.

Riders were 1 dimensional vs bottom-barrel OTT last night.  Their run game was non-existent until OTT lost all morale and Powell then opened it up.  Thigpen was a non-entity.  Powell was shutdown surprisingly well by OTT D for 3 Q's.  And they think they will be running against our D?  It'll be just like vs EDM... their rush gets 1 explosion play, and the rest of the night they are shutdown.

Without Harris, the Bomber offence just became non-dimensional.  Riders sweep the home-and-home and take the season series. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: