Blue Bombers Forum
June 01, 2020, 06:56:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: it's like player chess while everyone else is playing checkers...  (Read 2321 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »

No lead is safe.

I rest my case.

(for reference, see last week's MTL/CGY game...)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Point of attack

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »

No lead is safe.

I rest my case.

(for reference, see last week's MTL/CGY game...)

With all of the less subtle differences between the two games characteristics, the most befuddling is the
anticlimactic ending to most NFL games compared to the ?you never know ? intrigue in the final minutes of most CFL games.
If you truly appreciate both games as I do , you can?t really disagree.
You never know with new rules regarding finally reviewing PI calls(after last seasons crime against the Saints) maybe there?s some hope.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »

With all of the less subtle differences between the two games characteristics, the most befuddling is the
anticlimactic ending to most NFL games compared to the ?you never know ? intrigue in the final minutes of most CFL games.
If you truly appreciate both games as I do , you can?t really disagree.
You never know with new rules regarding finally reviewing PI calls(after last seasons crime against the Saints) maybe there?s some hope.
As a big NFL fan this true.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GCn19

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 06:49:10 PM »

The NFL can be very boring at times. The good teams beat the bad teams 99% of the time. I like our game because upsets actually happen, teams come from behind sometimes, leads late in the 4th Q are not always safe.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »

The NFL can be very boring at times. The good teams beat the bad teams 99% of the time. I like our game because upsets actually happen, teams come from behind sometimes, leads late in the 4th Q are not always safe.

The CFL is more unpredictable that's for sure.
In Motion

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 05:25:46 AM »

The CFL is more exciting than the NFL for all of the reasons mentioned above,
and it's my favourite sport. Period. Exclamation point!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 01:20:22 PM »

I find all football exciting and fun to watch, as long as the team/talent is comparable... the thing that I enjoy the most about the CFL is the cerebral part of building of a team, how you build your roster week to week, deal with ratio, account for injuries, and how teams deal with talent relative to dollars... I just find it all so interesting and fun to follow as there is always an obstacle that you have to somehow overcome...

whereas the NFL, it's easy, or at least significantly easier, to handle these things, other than ratio, when you're flush with cash... it's just a matter of writing another check... I don't even follow my Chiefs during the off season, I just wait until the first regular season game to see what's changed, lol...

it's kind of like my Chevelle... there are nicer ones out there than mine but, the majority of them were probably built by a custom shop, or at least had the majority of the work done by a professional, and have a price tag of over $250K... I built my Chevelle myself... all of it...  the things I didn't know how to do, I learned... I didn't farm out the work to someone else and just pay for it, anyone can do that...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: