Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2020, 02:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After The Game: Bombers & Lions 8/15/2019  (Read 4133 times)
DM83

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »

Wolitarski isn't a problem.  Lousy pass by Nichols to him when he was blanketed. That's one thing I hate about Nichols, he doesn't throw passes that are easily catchable.  He threw the TD to Demski , who got creamed.

Receivers though,  are paid to catch the ball.  Professionals are expected to make the touch catch.  Not sure we have too many who do that.  Bring back JFG!

The Bombers stil need someone to replace Adams.

I still think the best receiver is Lawler. They sure don't use him very well.
Matthews looks like his best years are behind him.
Carter for BC is stealing money.  Any Bison, or Rifle receiver is better than that loafing grinning idiot.  Work is a four letter word to that clown.  Same with Odell, did he even play?  Done

Our D-Line. Had fun last night. Why Reilly wouldn't.play a Matt Nichols type game and throw check downs is beyond me.

Oh well, I bet more turnovers in personal for BC is coming soon.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:10:14 PM by DM83 » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2019, 04:15:50 PM »

how about that play by Whitehead to pick up the first down after the penalty by Desjarlais That was some pro level running and determination - no quit in that guy at all

Janarion Grant - BC tried to avoid kicking to him and he just torched them - not only is he fast he can read the field and use his blocks - that is the talent many returners don't have

Reilly was so lucky to be able to recover his two fumbles - the D was feasting last night

If Nichols hadn't got hurt this would have been a much more fun evening given how the team played - I think it was actually good that BC came back and took the lead, forced the Bombers to react and go after the win.
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »

Wolitarski isn't a problem.  Lousy pass by Nichols to him when he was blanketed. That's one thing I hate about Nichols, he doesn't throw passes that are easily catchable.  He threw the TD to Demski , who got creamed.

Receivers though,  are paid to catch the ball.  Professionals are expected to make the touch catch.  Not sure we have too many who do that.  Bring back JFG!

The Bombers stil need someone to replace Adams.

I still think the best receiver is Lawler. They sure don't use him very well.
Matthews looks like his best years are behind him.
Carter for BC is stealing money.  Any Bison, or Rifle receiver is better than that loafing grinning idiot.  Work is a four letter word to that clown.  Same with Odell, did he even play?  Done

Our D-Line. Had fun last night. Why Reilly wouldn't.play a Matt Nichols type game and throw check downs is beyond me.

Oh well, I bet more turnovers in personal for BC is coming soon.

I call BS on this post.

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »

here is some YTD possession info...  this came up in another thread and thought it deserved checking out... so, here it is...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2019, 07:41:12 PM »

Good to see the Bomber's 2019 draft picks get playing time.

Desjarlais @ LG
Kongbo coming in for Roh
Eli coming in on jumbo packages
Exume and Hamlett out there on special teams
Even your Global draft pick Hallett made plays

LMAO! Hallett is the special teamer, not Hamlett. The global player his Hansen. I was pleasantly surprised at his performance on D lastnight. Meanwhile I sure saw BC's global player catch a tonne of passes from Rielly on the sidelines last night.
theaardvark

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 08:36:45 PM »

Eli getting on the field is something I've been looking forward to.  Here's hoping we don't need him to start, but that he beats someone out...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue girl

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 10:02:34 PM »

My thoughts on last night.
I'm glad that they won the game but unfortunately it's overshadowed by the injury to Nichols. Hopefully with a full week of working with the first team offence will improve Streveler's game. Also lost is the injuries to Roh and Maston. Hopefully they're not out too long as we don't have much depth at these positions.

Now the good news- Congratulations to Andrew Harris on becoming the all time Canadian in yards from scrimmage. His emotional reaction was priceless. Also loved the INT by Jefferson and the blocked punt by Sayles. IMO defence and special teams are going to have to come up big while Nichols is out.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2019, 09:07:44 AM »

Something else I noticed was the effort to get Nichols a rushing TD. They ran that play action keeper where he was tackled for no gain (1st quarter?), then later on we're on the 1 yard line. What always happens there:
A- Strev comes in
B- Nichols hands it to Harris or passes.

The Nichols rushing TD was a function of going tempo O.  BC had their pass D package on the field and by going tempo we got to keep their hoggies off the goal line.  That's why Nichols just hurried it up and took it in himself from the 1.  You could even see (on TV) Nichols yelling to the ref that they were going tempo right after the previous play was completed.

Very smart play by the coaches.

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »

The Nichols rushing TD was a function of going tempo O.  BC had their pass D package on the field and by going tempo we got to keep their hoggies off the goal line.  That's why Nichols just hurried it up and took it in himself from the 1.  You could even see (on TV) Nichols yelling to the ref that they were going tempo right after the previous play was completed.

Very smart play by the coaches.

Yes....good call on that....noticed him waving his teammates to get into their hurry-up alignment!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
DM83

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »

Blue in BC
Thank you for such enlightening comments.
I am impressed by your eloquence and thorough revealing of your supreme thoughts.
I would ask what it is you disagree with? If that's what you are saying is BS.?  But then, ...I would have to care about your in depth thoughts

It's my opinion, and. I have a right to it.
But Mods Blue in BC has issued a command.  Perhaps something should be done about his command.
Blue In BC

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2019, 04:32:59 PM »

Blue in BC
Thank you for such enlightening comments.
I am impressed by your eloquence and thorough revealing of your supreme thoughts.
I would ask what it is you disagree with? If that's what you are saying is BS.?  But then, ...I would have to care about your in depth thoughts

It's my opinion, and. I have a right to it.
But Mods Blue in BC has issued a command.  Perhaps something should be done about his command.

It seemed obvious to me and I suspect many of the posters. Simply put the comments were all out to lunch. It didn't really need an explanation but you asked so here it is for your reading pleasure.

If you don't care then why did you need to respond? If you have a " right " to your opinion, then so do I. Needing to make a detailed elaboration? Not so much.

It wasn't a lousy pass and your comment that he doesn't throw passes that are easily catchable. It may not have been the best pass but lousy is certainly an over reaction. Complaining about Nichols who led the league in QAR, most TD passes and completed this game with an 83.3% completion.  Your disdain for Nichols is apparent.

BTW. After watching the CFL for 62 years I didn't realize QB's were only supposed to throw passes right between the receivers numbers and never anywhere near where they might actually get hit by a defender.

Thinking Lawler is their best receiver. Thinking Matthews best days are behind him. While that may be partially true about Matthews it's true for any player as they get older. It was your need to diss him as well. Did you even watch the Calgary BC game where he drew 2 DPI's early in the game. Did you even see the on target ( easily catchable ) pass he caught for 51 yards?

The idea that we still need someone to replace Adams.

The idea that you think we should bring back JFG. That's laughable.

Are you actually watching the Bombers? Do you enjoy watching the Bombers?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:17:00 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: