Blue Bombers Forum
December 12, 2019, 01:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg - August 15, 2019 at 7:30 pm CDT  (Read 4760 times)
3rdand1.5

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2019, 10:30:03 AM »

Appeared to be a really good atmosphere for under 25k. Game was exciting, defence seemed to play really well, guys like Lucky, and Willie were really interacting with the fans. Can't go into too many details as I didn't really see too many details. $5 Coronas at BP are to blame for my lack of ability to have been able to process certain details....lol
I actually had no idea Nichols was hurt, but Desarlais certainly plays to the whistle with an edge, maybe a bit past the whistle on occasion though, think he got flagged on that once. But the dude was getting under BC's skin and played physical all over the field. The offence in the 1st quarter looked great, and the defence to end the game looked great...again could be the Corona and Bud talking but it felt like we had about 10 sacks.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »

Appeared to be a really good atmosphere for under 25k. Game was exciting, defence seemed to play really well, guys like Lucky, and Willie were really interacting with the fans. Can't go into too many details as I didn't really see too many details. $5 Coronas at BP are to blame for my lack of ability to have been able to process certain details....lol
I actually had no idea Nichols was hurt, but Desarlais certainly plays to the whistle with an edge, maybe a bit past the whistle on occasion though, think he got flagged on that once. But the dude was getting under BC's skin and played physical all over the field. The offence in the 1st quarter looked great, and the defence to end the game looked great...again could be the Corona and Bud talking but it felt like we had about 10 sacks.

Get great, smaller crowd but jacked up.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2019, 11:30:31 AM »

Great crowd for just under 25k!  Super fun game.  Amazing atmosphere.  We all need to tell our friends how great fun IGF is this year!  Seriously, even total non-football fans should have a great time at these games.  After the always-sold-out Banjo Bowl, I hope the our crowds stay large or get larger throughout September!
VictorRomano

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »

Was impressed by Hansen's play tonight.  Was around the ball a lot when he was in and didn't look out of place at all.  I think we scored the most "game ready" non-North American in the Euro draft.
blue_or_die

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »

One thing about our fans is, even if the crowd is small, the ones who show up are extremely passionate. If the defense needs our help, we are there for them in spades. Everyone was having a rockin' good time.

That said, yes, tell your friends, neighbours and strangers that the Blue Bombers of Winnipeg are the team to watch and there's no better place than the ball park.
Blue In BC

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »

If Nichols is hurt the pro Streveler people are going to get to see more of him. I'm not sure how that will go for us in the long run. Getting 1st team reps in practice will improve his play over late but I'm concerned.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »

If Nichols is hurt the pro Streveler people are going to get to see more of him. I'm not sure how that will go for us in the long run. Getting 1st team reps in practice will improve his play over late but I'm concerned.

As long as Nichols isn't lost for too long it could be a blessing in disguise. A good look at Streveler in a few key games would be valuable insight into a fairly big off-season decision we have coming up. Pretty well everybody thinks Nichols is out best chance to win, but most people thought that about Willy for a long time too. I'm not saying it's the same situation but I like the idea of seeing where he's at. Streveler will have every chance to succeed on this team. It's not like he needs to pass for 300 yards. He only needs to be good enough to keep the defenses honest in the passing game and continue to lean on the run.
Waffler

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2019, 01:15:57 PM »

Strev is not good past his first read. I feel this "I am a running back" idea has gotten in his head.   McGuire shows little in practice that I've seen.  Bennett was better I thought. LaPo is going to have to revamp his play calling a lot.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2019, 01:25:15 PM »

Well it's a defining moment for Strev.  He's my favourite QB to watch run.  I am not sold on his passing.  But,  what an opportunity.

Nichols injury didn't appear to be a separated shoulder, or even a collarbone break, which would be significant. It was a weird one in that he appeared to roll forward in his shoulder.  I am encouraged as Matt was shown walking off, he wasn't holding the arm( as is the case with a separated shoulder.) As a matter of facts he looked, like he wasn't injured at all.....so it's a mystery.

Strev showed he can play well last year.  I hope he takes ownership of the offence and its productivity.  I would absolutely be. Thrilled to see us install a more QB run option.  However I also fear Lapo will restrain him, as. He is now the starter.

If Matt is out for more than the three games, then we need to bring in another guy.  Wouldn't it be great if we brought back Kevin Glenn or Ricky Ray.  Or how about unleashing Buck.

As we have demonstrated, we don't really need a gunslinger to win, just a game manager Ii.

Who could it be?  What's Manzeil doing?
Waffler

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2019, 01:28:26 PM »

What's Manzeil doing?
Enjoying his ban from the league.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

Anyone hear from caftan and his bold prediction?
DM83

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »

Waffler...you are correct! Lol! Poor guy. The. New USFL beckons.
theaardvark

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »

Waffler...you are correct! Lol! Poor guy. The. New USFL beckons.

You mean new XFL... and they have already said "Hard Pass"... not about his aerial game, but about him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 08:44:09 PM »

Anyone hear from caftan and his bold prediction?
no he is playing dead again. What else is new!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »

no he is playing dead again. What else is new!
seem to recall he predicted a win for the Lions!   The score flattered them!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: