Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 12:24:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Harris and the Team  (Read 2294 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2019, 12:03:15 AM »

But you said you found the number of threads too much to handle. All I'm saying is you don't have to read every thread, not if it's too much for you to handle
Yes an the mods and others have suggested that we might make a change in this regard.  No everyone likes the new idea but I do.  Rather than focusing on me, focus on the forum please and this new idea is worth investigating.  Thank you.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BigBomberFan

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:55 AM »

Fair point but one issue might be that just two threads would be 30 pages of banter with multiple points of conversation. Separate threads allow focus on one topic (assuming no derailment).

For example, I follow the GDT all the way up until kickoff, and then I watch the game. When I check the forum the next day, it's 20+ pages long and I'm sure is chock full of discussion points that I will never read. That's totally fine, but might be a little annoying if that was also the case for a all-post-game-stuff-goes-here thread.

All that said, having a post-game dissection thread is a great idea since there's tons to pick through each game. if Chevy were to be the go-to for that, I'm sure he would do a killer job because he is so meticulous with detail regarding stats, observations and general football knowledge.

Good points, but I think that either a venting or game day analysis thread, once people realize that the singular topics that they post that are pretty much the same as 5-10 other topics created--and then get rolled into a big similar thread-- will likely become a bit frustrating for those posters, because something tells me that they don't want to be a part of a 30 page thread......they want people to comment on their particular thread, even if it's absolutely redundant.

After a few weeks of that happening, I'd think that people might get discouraged about posting the exact same gripe topics, which is good. It may hurt a few feelings, but technically their topics and posts aren't being deleted, they're just being included in a bigger, similar thread. If someone is not fine with Nichols or whoever else, that's great.....but there's no need for 5 different topics on it. I get the sense that some people want an ongoing thread that is smaller than the game day ones (which, admittedly, can be a bit large to cover every specific thread).

Or.....how about this? Instead of a "the good, bad and ugly" in one thread, there could be separate threads for each week. That way, those who want to concentrate on the good can go there. If someone thinks something is bad, post it there. If something is intolerable, then the "ugly" thread is the one to go to. It's a lot to keep track of, but then again, so is 30 pages of general commentary in the game day thread.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2019, 02:41:46 AM »

Fair point but one issue might be that just two threads would be 30 pages of banter with multiple points of conversation. Separate threads allow focus on one topic (assuming no derailment).

For example, I follow the GDT all the way up until kickoff, and then I watch the game. When I check the forum the next day, it's 20+ pages long and I'm sure is chock full of discussion points that I will never read. That's totally fine, but might be a little annoying if that was also the case for a all-post-game-stuff-goes-here thread.

All that said, having a post-game dissection thread is a great idea since there's tons to pick through each game. if Chevy were to be the go-to for that, I'm sure he would do a killer job because he is so meticulous with detail regarding stats, observations and general football knowledge.

well, just because you said those nice things, I'm willing to take it on... as long as my computer stays living, lol... I operate from a 7 year old laptop and she took a dump on me last week... don't care about the laptop per se, but it had all of my spreadsheets that I've compiled over the last 2 years...

but, I had it backed up and once I finally got the thing chugging again I thought I was in the clear... did a restore and I still had to reinstalled my programs... spent the entire day online with Mircosoft trying to resolve a 'product key' issue due to them requiring you to validate it online instead of merely putting it in during setup... my Office products were purchased by my company with a company card and account, so, that product key wasn't registered to me even though I purchased it 7 years ago... finally have the problem resolved and I'm getting her back in shape...

my new desktop comes tomorrow though, so we'll see what issues I have trying to transfer data, lol...

but I plan on sharing a lot of data that I compile after each game for that game and the season to that point... I've done this to see if the data confirms what I thought I saw while watching the game... it's funny sometimes that the data doesn't support what you thought you saw,lol...

we'll see how it goes...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TBURGESS

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »

But you said you found the number of threads too much to handle. All I'm saying is you don't have to read every thread, not if it's too much for you to handle
The problem with this theory is that most threads don't stick to the title. Take this one for instance. Called Andrew Harris and the Team and it's more about positive v negative and how can we change threads to make them better. Very little about Andrew Harris and the team.

Being right never gets old.
TBURGESS

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »

well, just because you said those nice things, I'm willing to take it on... as long as my computer stays living, lol... I operate from a 7 year old laptop and she took a dump on me last week... don't care about the laptop per se, but it had all of my spreadsheets that I've compiled over the last 2 years...

but, I had it backed up and once I finally got the thing chugging again I thought I was in the clear... did a restore and I still had to reinstalled my programs... spent the entire day online with Mircosoft trying to resolve a 'product key' issue due to them requiring you to validate it online instead of merely putting it in during setup... my Office products were purchased by my company with a company card and account, so, that product key wasn't registered to me even though I purchased it 7 years ago... finally have the problem resolved and I'm getting her back in shape...

my new desktop comes tomorrow though, so we'll see what issues I have trying to transfer data, lol...

but I plan on sharing a lot of data that I compile after each game for that game and the season to that point... I've done this to see if the data confirms what I thought I saw while watching the game... it's funny sometimes that the data doesn't support what you thought you saw,lol...

we'll see how it goes...
Pro tip: Take some time transferring your data to the cloud. Then you'll have access to it no matter what computer you're running on and you won't have to worry about losing it if something goes wrong.

Being right never gets old.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:10 PM »

Here is something about Andrew Harris (from Darren Cameron)

Andrew Harris needs 65 yards to become the all-time leader among Canadian players for yards from scrimmage (rushing & receiving). He now sits at 13,304 yards from scrimmage, just 65 from passing Ben Cahoon at 13,368. Overall, he ranks 12th all-time on yards-from-scrimmage list.

We can bemoan the fact that we don't have a grey cup for so many years  - it sucks ...but for someone like me who has been invested in this team for 40+ years we sure do have some special players to be proud of and Andrew Harris is becoming the latest
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »

Andrew Harris needs 65 yards to become the all-time leader among Canadian players for yards from scrimmage (rushing & receiving). He now sits at 13,304 yards from scrimmage, just 65 from passing Ben Cahoon at 13,368. Overall, he ranks 12th all-time on yards-from-scrimmage list.

We can bemoan the fact that we don't have a grey cup for so many years  - it sucks ...but for someone like me who has been invested in this team for 40+ years we sure do have some special players to be proud of and Andrew Harris is becoming the latest
HERE HERE!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2019, 01:41:12 PM »

No doubt about it. What a treat that he's a local kid too. We are spoiled to watch him. I think when I retire my AH33 jersey I will literally just buy another one.

Go get that ring, Andrew..
Jesse

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »

No doubt about it. What a treat that he's a local kid too. We are spoiled to watch him. I think when I retire my AH33 jersey I will literally just buy another one.

Go get that ring, Andrew..

Well, he has a ring, but go get one for us Andrew!

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2019, 06:51:17 PM »

Well, he has a ring, but go get one for us Andrew!

Even if you already had a burger, I would still tell you, "Go get that burger, Jesse". And you would.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2019, 01:35:25 AM »

Andrew Harris needs just 65 yards to become the all-time leader among Canadian players for scrimmage yards. Harris (13,304) ranks No. 12 all-time, trailing No. 11 Ben Cahoon (13,368) by 64 yards and No. 10 Charles Roberts (13,681) by 313.
With 60 more rushing yards, Andrew Harris (8,404) will surpass Dave Thelen (8,463) to move into No. 10 on the all-time rushing list.

I remember those that said years ago that Harris would decline.  I remember those this year that said Harris couldn't break out with massive runs / gains any longer.

All I have to say is BEAST

Sorry Goldie but Harris >  Roberts.  In 313 yards from now it will be official.  Love em both.  What an treat to have had both here.

People focus on the cups but having Milt / Charlie / Harris to watch are three generation type talents. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:39:04 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2019, 02:59:43 AM »

Pro tip: Take some time transferring your data to the cloud. Then you'll have access to it no matter what computer you're running on and you won't have to worry about losing it if something goes wrong.

If you like.  However, as a guy who is responsible for computer security, as well as app/web dev, for a couple of large companies, and keeps up on the industry literature, let me assure you that if you care at all about privacy and security, don't put anything in the cloud.  Turn it all off.

If it's in the cloud, the company hosting it can see it, they can give gubmint access to it, and it can get hacked by hackers.  Almost all supposed encryption cloud providers use has cloud-company and NSA back doors.

And you do still have to worry about losing it because the cloud companies make no guarantee they won't lose your data.  It's unlikely, but could (will) happen.  They use the same hard drives we all do, and even using GDFS's and advanced RAID structures, Murphy's law has not been repealed.

If you don't care about any of this, use the cloud!  If you care at all, don't use the cloud.  To be honest, most people don't care.  They just want convenience, no matter the (hidden) cost.

Since this is totally off topic I'll limit myself to just this one rant!  Just thought I could help, being Tecno and all.

Oh ya, to stay on topic, TSN said during the last game that Harris needed 100 or something to reach 5000 (I think) something?  Anyone know what the "something" was?  I don't recall.  I thought it was rushing yards.  But if he gets that 100 and breaks the something, I hope he does it at IGF this week so we can all give him a standing O!  Without a doubt there is no other player on the team that deserves such exaltation.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2019, 03:51:41 AM »

The problem with this theory is that most threads don't stick to the title. Take this one for instance. Called Andrew Harris and the Team and it's more about positive v negative and how can we change threads to make them better. Very little about Andrew Harris and the team.

Hahahaha, too true!
Jesse

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2019, 04:12:44 AM »

Even if you already had a burger, I would still tell you, "Go get that burger, Jesse". And you would.

Where's this burger you speak of?

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »

Where's this burger you speak of?
See the intercept cancer thread. The Walby burger. My intestines hurt just saying it! 

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: